How easy is it to roll back the milage on toyota suv' s

Rendu impossible chez audi, ils reçoivent le km en temps réel.

Tu as les mêmes informations sur ton cell avec l’application.
Meme chose chez lexus...tous les char wifi en fait.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991W en utilisant Tapatalk

Meme chose chez lexus...tous les char wifi en fait.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991W en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't understand . They wifi connect the car every time its in for servicing? Is that how the dealer or Toyota Audi get the acurate Km on record? , or does some sort of satellite connection like onstar continually give the km's of your car to teh company/dealer?

I don't understand . They wifi connect the car every time its in for servicing? Is that how the dealer or Toyota Audi get the acurate Km on record? , or does some sort of satellite connection like onstar continually give the km's of your car to teh company/dealer?
Both and the key fobs will record mileage as well. Actually BMW key fobs the service advisors will just place them over a reader. Or did. You know can get mileage off the dash and just punch it in as well...

I don't believe the system pings mileage at intervals to log in the central database tho. Not 100% sure on that. It will when you schedule service through iDrive

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I know you didn't ask but you (and your mom) are pieces of shit. Someone's gonna buy that car after and get fucked over since you can't step up and pay for the mileage you need.
In the mid 2000s about every JDM owner got screwed over with roll-back cars and no one seemed to care.

Dunno for now but until a few years ago most lease return ended up on a flat bed and off to auction site.

Knew a few guys who used to get their lease fully detail (couple hundred $) before returning them and that was pretty much money flying over the window since the dealer didn't kept the cars and sent them to auction.

So I'd say the chance you end up with a roll back odometer is close to 0. Especially with newer car.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

Lots of leases now are put up for auction with the lease return photos in the driveway lol "Car will be available as of Xx date"

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Lots of newer cars have 3/4g modems that report mileage. For my car, the dealer can access a bunch of info remotely such as oil life, mileage, etc.

Like already said, On newer cars it’s harder to rollback the odo as multiple modules in the car will record mileage. So they have to make sure every module like the ecm, bcm, etc. is overwritten with the correct mileage.

So yeah it’s possible but harder if you know some shady people :p

I think it’s common for people going over their kilometers on their lease agreements to rollback mileage. Just to avoid extra costs. I don’t think any reputable dealer would do that and risk getting caught

Lots of newer cars have 3/4g modems that report mileage. For my car, the dealer can access a bunch of info remotely such as oil life, mileage, etc.

Like already said, On newer cars it’s harder to rollback the odo as multiple modules in the car will record mileage. So they have to make sure every module like the ecm, bcm, etc. is overwritten with the correct mileage.

So yeah it’s possible but harder if you know some shady people :p

I think it’s common for people going over their kilometres on their lease agreements to rollback mileage. Just to avoid extra costs. I don’t think any reputable dealer would do that and risk getting caught

Woah holy shit, I knew that cars were spying on you like OnStar, but I never know that they get your oil life, and milage over LTE. Holy crap your car snitches on your via 4G, only the things to deny you warranty service. IE you didn't change oil quick enough or your mileage is over. SO I guess its becoming impossible for shady guys in the east end to screw with your mileage, given they have to do it on the ECU, etc. etc.
Damn that was actually really informative.

I know you didn't ask but you (and your mom) are pieces of shit. Someone's gonna buy that car after and get fucked over since you can't step up and pay for the mileage you need.

Agreed, BS as fuck.

An aqquaintance worked in a dealership, he would often get Diesel trucks that he suspected have been rolled back. Clients that work in the wood industry that drive 1500km of gravel roads per week just getting to work, clients would clock the mileage just before service every couple months. Then return the truck after 3 years with suspension, brakes, interior completely fucked and radiators / coolers full of dirt with just ''95k'' when in reality it's 250k+.

Dealership couldn't do anything whatsoever to prove it and would end up charging for ''excess damage'' to recoup some of the money back and send the trucks to auction.

Hopefully with connected cars this goes away, it's the fucking plague.

Hello how easy is it to roll back the mileage on used Toyota or Lexus SUV made in 0-4 years ago ?

Thanks.

Yes I just want to know the dealer isn't pulling a fast one.

Even if it's not easy, if the dealer wants to roll back the mileage he is still gonna do it

Un gars dans ma famille faisait ça continuellement, vendeur sur la route qui fait presque 100K par année. Dernière histoire que j'ai entendu c'était avec un CT200H. 250K rollback à 120K plus ou moins. Faisait tout pour que ça ne soit pas retraçable, aucun entretien au dealer, changement d'huile fait à la maison etc. Vraiment crosseur, surtout pour un gars qui se vante de faire 200000$+. Il a finit par se faire pogner par son employeur, qui a vu le char à vendre avec si peu de kilométrage, et qui lui-même s'exposait à des accusations de fraude (je connais pas trop les détails), parce qu'eux avaient biller disons 150K de kilométrage d'affaire à leur employé, et que ça matchait pas pantoute. Tu met quelqu'un dans le trouble en faisant ça, vraiment égoiste.

Y'a un membre qui avait parti un thread pour savoir quoi faire avec ses milliers de kms excessifs sur sa location qu'il prévoyait spinner avant de le redonner, mais qui a cogné quelqu'un et que le millage s'est inscrit sur le Carfax

Un gars je connais change de pickup au 8-9 mois, toute des Fords

Il travaille sur la route et fait 45-50 000km par an et quand il change ses trucks ils ont tjs 12-13k km au compteur...

Il a un ami qui fait de l'esthétique et le truck est la a toute les 2 semaines. Donc le truck est A1 mais il a été reculé.

C'est un secret de polichinel pcq le vendeur chez Ford connait le gars et c'est tjs le meme wholesaler ou presque qui ramasse le truck...

Toyota dans les années 2000 mon beau frere avait fait un module qui divise par 3 le pulse du speedo. Le km/h et le km montait 3x moins vite. DOnc a 40km/h le char roulait 120.

Y'appellait ca une garantie prolongé....

Ca marchait sur les corolla, vibe, matrix

Aujourd'hui c'est pas mal plus difficile pcq la pluspart sont connecté a une base de donné externe (exemple Onstar).

Pour ''bien'' faire ca sans que ca paraissent faut que tu soit bien planifier et avec le bon véhicule.

Mais généralement y'a plusieurs indices qui mentent pas, l'usure des bancs, pommeau de vitesse, pedale, tapis, etc.

Back