Best Fast food Joints in Montreal?

Mtl Racing

I tried Five Guys yesterday.

The burger was good but it was soggy and the condiments leaked everywhere.

I ate outside and this agressive bird wouldn't go away. Kept staring at my burger from 3 feet away and jumping at my feet. Even scared this kid sitting at a table next to me.

Overall experience 3/10

The fuck is wrong with these birds?

Also tried a poutine at Dunn's Famous. It was pretty good. Nothing special.

What are your favorite spots?

Agreed, 5 guys is too soggy. I don't know any outstanding fast food in Montreal, but many patateries are quite good (AA, some belle province, Dilallo, nouveau système Beaubien, chalet BBQ).

Last edited:
Un spot que j'aime bien à mtl c'est Paulo et Suzanne sur Gouin O.
De la bonne malbouffe 24/24 et des poutines hors normes.

I enjoy Satay Bros Atwater market. It's fast food I enjoy. I'm not a big burger or poutine person. It's all sorta the same if you ask me.

moé mon go-to poutine, c'est Greenspot notre-dame/atwater, celle de messorem aussi je la trouve particulierement bonne meme si tres differente de Greenspot.

Poulet c'est chalet bbq.

moé mon go-to poutine, c'est Greenspot notre-dame/atwater, celle de messorem aussi je la trouve particulierement bonne meme si tres differente de Greenspot.

Poulet c'est chalet bbq.
messorem spot is nice as well. A bit "off the beaten path" but not much worse than McAuslan

If you want West Indian Roti. Mr Patty in MTL west is great! Love the attitude !

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Also tried a poutine at Dunn's Famous. It was pretty good. Nothing special.

What are your favorite spots?

"dans le temps" le spagh au Dunn's avec full smoke meat était vraiment bon. ca doit faire +10ans j'y suis pas allé.

Never been to Greenspot but I need to check it out. Every time I want to go I end up walking into le sudouest for a gyro.
Had a burger at bon vivant this weekend, wouldn't recommend. A few of the restos on that strip have become cash grabs but that's another story.

Never been to Greenspot but I need to check it out. Every time I want to go I end up walking into le sudouest for a gyro.
Had a burger at bon vivant this weekend, wouldn't recommend. A few of the restos on that strip have become cash grabs but that's another story.

BV is terrible. I went with my wife 6 years ago, we liked it, tried it again twice and both times it was terrible. In more than 5 years, we've never went back.

Like El Gordo and Arthur's ?

I'm turning into my father... My wife and I didn't know where to go for dinner. Ended up at Baton Rouge on Decarie Friday night.

Like El Gordo and Arthur's ?

I'm turning into my father... My wife and I didn't know where to go for dinner. Ended up at Baton Rouge on Decarie Friday night.

Arthur's is ridiculous... line-up all the way to lloydie's on saturday and sunday AM lol...

Bar Bara's patio on the street is nice, not sure about the food. I think their pastries are nasty, apparently their machine to make pastry dough is broken or whatever. Coffee is delicious, better than Campanelli or Cordova. I also spotted Julie-Anne Ho there on Friday, pas pire la ptite...!

I also have beef with Cordova, they kicked me out of their shop on a sunday PM about 2 years ago because the idiotic (and also a fucking weirdo) waiter tripped on my stroller and then proceeded to tell me that they have a liquor license so kids are not welcome and that I should leave immediately lol... I never went back.

Arthur's is ridiculous... line-up all the way to lloydie's on saturday and sunday AM lol...

Bar Bara's patio on the street is nice, not sure about the food. I think their pastries are nasty, apparently their machine to make pastry dough is broken or whatever. Coffee is delicious, better than Campanelli or Cordova. I also spotted Julie-Anne Ho there on Friday, pas pire la ptite...!

I also have beef with Cordova, they kicked me out of their shop on a sunday PM about 2 years ago because the idiotic (and also a fucking weirdo) waiter tripped on my stroller and then proceeded to tell me that they have a liquor license so kids are not welcome and that I should leave immediately lol... I never went back.

LOLOL classic Cordova. We went one night a few years back with some friends. 4 of us. Literally only 2 other people there. Drinks took forever, food took forever. When it came time to leave a tip the strange guy tells me that if I don't leave a tip I'll be blacklisted. I told him to get out his red pen and put my name up on the wall because he just admitted the service was shit.

Arthur's my wife goes to once a month. She says the line is worth it. I'm lazy and fat. I don't wait in line for restos

She actually has beef with Le Boucan after they made a huge stink about a nut allergy on a piece of cake or pie. I found that a bit strange as we frequent it often and it's always been great. So she refuses to go with me..I can only go with friends.

You wanna laugh? Our best fast food is getting a baugette, pate etc wine. Sitting along the canal eating it.

So this thread has become the Dibbs/ Gregster/ Boxxcaracer sud ouest resto bitch thread. NDG honorable mention

I was sucked into BV cause the waiter looked like Costanza and they had the assman plate and Kramer print up on the wall.
Worse than Gordo is Gepetto next to it.

I was sucked into BV cause the waiter looked like Costanza and they had the assman plate and Kramer print up on the wall.
Worse than Gordo is Gepetto next to it.
Gepetto is always undercooked. I enjoy the flash frozen pizza from Non Solo Pané is in Dorval. I'll stop there on the way home. It's delicious. That being said I should make the trip to sapori di napoli. The owner is a legend

J'adore five Guys, c'est certain que si vous ajoute, 10 condiments ça devient une soupe. Un bon burger avec de la viande fraîche c'est toujour plus juteux qu'un burger congelé.

Burger Town à Dorval aussi les burgers sont bons.

Envoyé de mon SM-G988W en utilisant Tapatalk

J'adore five Guys, c'est certain que si vous ajoute, 10 condiments ça devient une soupe. Un bon burger avec de la viande fraîche c'est toujour plus juteux qu'un burger congelé.

Burger Town à Dorval aussi les burgers sont bons.

C'est pas juteux viande fraîche 5 guys justement. même si c'est leur marques de commerce de servir du pas surgelé, c'est clairement pas comme une boulette de steak haché cuite chez soi à partir de viande achetée chez le boucher.

C'est parce que tu fais cuire au bbq donc tu perds beaucoup de jus. Fait cuire ta viande sur la poêle et c'est comme five gyus. Mais eux servent des doubles donc un partant, tu as deux fois plus de jus. Du boeuf haché mi maigre, c'est ce qu'ils utilisent.

Donc c'est quoi vos trucs pour des faire des bons hamburgers?

derniere fois... boeuf haché mi-maigre, sel, poivre, écrasé en dessous d'une casserolle entre deux morceaux de papier cirés.

comme un smashburger, mais "smashé" avant.

cuisson rapide, bonne caramélisation. c'etait bien.

Back