MUST WATCH if you run WHEEL SPACERS - VERY important SAFETY tip!!!

Shardik

Hellloooo Track Buddies !

I was testing 20mm spacers on Bella (Donna is in pieces) and came across this from our friends at Bimmerworld.
Seems that sometimes there may be adjustments required , even from identical wheels.

Better to check , to avoid making a scene on a live track.
I've actually seen this..twice ! :D (Nothing really bad happened. Some cars can actually drive on three wheels.

Anyhoo seriously , have a look... this information may be good for you!

Have fun and be safe !

Dave S

I tracked my Mustang with 25mm spacers and had to retorque them after each session. Not sure I'll buy again for track use

main idea : hub support the car not the studs !

So if the paper is loose, that means studs will somewhat support the weight.

this is why I dont went with a generic brand, but machined one for OEM audi hub and for OEM speced audi wheels.

When I remove my wheels, some wheels the spacer are stuck hard on it , and some , the spacer is stuck on the hub; both ways its snug as hell.

this issue can also happen on the road, probably why those are illegal from the SAAQ

No Anti-Seize on Wheel lugs-Please!

These are really good points , thank you both for bringing them up.

Another issue that I have seen is an Audi struggling its way off the track because of another wheel issue.
He left after the track was cleared.

He lost two lug bolts (or nuts..can't remember) on one front wheel and a few on other wheels.

I spoke with him.
It seems that this person received anti seize on his wheel studs from a shop that should have known better !

He was a noob, arriving on one of the open track days, so he really didn't understand the possible consequences.

There are many reasons that this is a bad idea, I will therefore have the person below explain his findings.

Dave S

Back