A 23-Year-Old F1 Car Is Still Way Faster Than A Current IndyCar

Guygeo

Damn je m'ennuie du son...
et le volant, quelle simplicité comparé à aujourd’hui!!!

And that was without full revs… I don’t think people understand how seriously fast that era of car is. Even something from the 70s is still unbelievably fast. ChampCars from that era are wicked fast as well. Making comparisons is pointless though. Stop reading Jalopnik junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corkscrew looks like so much fun in an open wheel.

What I respect about that era is the speed the cars could do the laps in, with a MUCH wider operating window than the cars of today.
Sure the cars of today are ballistic when they're in the window of tire temp and aero set-up with respect to wind direction etc.
When they're not, take 10-15% out of that time.
Not so much with the old cars.

What I respect about that era is the speed the cars could do the laps in, with a MUCH wider operating window than the cars of today.
Sure the cars of today are ballistic when they're in the window of tire temp and aero set-up with respect to wind direction etc.

Engines would blow up as well. Regularly… the cars are wayyy to reliable now. The cars of that era had less downforce and were 200-220kg lighter compared to cars now. I remember times MSC or Mika or MON had to do 15 qualifying laps to open a gap…

Lol no

15% lap time is 15s on a 1m:40 lap

Time difference form Quali/Race is 7-8s. But also 70kg more fuel, which just on it's own will make most of that difference.

Lol no

15% lap time is 15s on a 1m:40 lap

Time difference form Quali/Race is 7-8s. But also 70kg more fuel, which just on it's own will make most of that difference.

That's why there's also a number 10 in my post, which accounts for 10s on a 1:40 lap which is 2s off from you 8s claim lol.

When you order pizza, and you get 7 tomato slices on it, do you also call the manager because on the menu image there are 8 slices?

Asking for a friend.

And that was without full revs… I don’t think people understand how seriously fast that era of car is. Even something from the 70s is still unbelievably fast. ChampCars from that era are wicked fast as well. Making comparisons is pointless though. Stop reading Jalopnik junk

Pi en plus les anciens F1 était boite manuelle.

Pi en plus les anciens F1 était boite manuelle.

Pas pour les dernières 30ans…. Senna 91 dernière auto championnat avec boîte manual. Dernière auto avec une boîte Manual 1995/96 si je me souviens.

Pas pour les dernières 30ans…. Senna 91 dernière auto championnat avec boîte manual. Dernière auto avec une boîte Manual 1995/96 si je me souviens.

J'parlais pas spécifiquement de 30 ans ou moins, j'ai écris les anciens F1 ....

All posters are forgetting something important IRL and FIA (F1) place much more restrictions than say ACO/WEC. Therefore you can’t have something wild n crazy like a porsche 919

All posters are forgetting something important IRL and FIA (F1) place much more restrictions than say ACO/WEC. Therefore you can’t have something wild n crazy like a porsche 919

But the wild 919 EVO wasn’t a homologation car and IndyCar is essentially a spec series

Here is Alonso full “demo” run in an RS25 with full revs and slicks

Je me demande comment la Forti FG01 serait vs les nouvelles F1. Pour ceux qui savent pas c'est la dernière manuel produite.

Back