Any MR peeps in Kelowna?

RedOne_SI

Legacy Member
Just wondering if anybody lives in Kelowna? Just moved here from Calgary lùast winter for the beautiful weather and 2$ gas.

Wanted to see if anyone that has a motorcycle or Jeep from MR is in the area

Last edited:
Just wondering if anybody lives in Kelowna? Just moved here from Calgary lùast winter for the beautiful weather and 2$ gas.

How expensive is the rent there?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I used to live there, stay away from the cocaine, go to liquid zoo with the boys, for off roading go drive up Postill Lake road, bring VHF radio and phone, winter is brutal 1 out of 2 winters, big white is better than silver star, rcmp uses K band in town, might have upgrade to Ka, dont speed on hwy 33 or 97, they always catch you, blinking green light means yield to pedestrian, not advanced green hahaha

I've got a few secrets I can share if you ask away

3k for an upper floor in Glenmore area with a sick view and huge backyard with big storage sheds. Expeez but worth it.

I been coming here for years and lived in North Vancouver for 3 years and . Calgary albeit a good city, here I can garden and go to a good ski hill in an hour or 2 max. Love big White when the snow is good, Revelstoke is 199km from my house.

If anybody can grow an edible tomato in Calgary without a green house let me know. Here I have my 4 legal pot plants and vegetables for days.

Lake Louise from Calgary was getting annoying and frankly I prefer Kicking horse. Now I am closer to more hills, and Whistler is not a crazy drive from here either.

There are backroads to boot and lakes galore.

On my bike I rip down to Keremeos down the 3a from Penticton if i am up for a long ride. For a casual rip I go to Oyama and back from the highway and come back on Glenmore.

How is the employment market over there? Good salaries vs cost of living?

I quitted having even just some green grass in Calgary!

Last edited:
How is the employment market over there? Good salaries vs cost of living?

I quitted having even just some green grass in Calgary!

The cost of living is very high. Personally I am a contractor for interior systems and have good clients here and all over interior BC that keep me busy in both Commercial and residential work. I cant weigh in really on the general job market because I dont know. One thing I do know is that most companies struggle to find employees including myself. Salaries are not higher here in my industry. If I had to work hourly here and not bid on my own jobs i couldnt afford to live here, put it that way.

https://www.realtor.ca/immobilier/24516718/255-1288-water-street-kelowna

75k pour ça me semble que ce n,est pas cher !

10255412_1.jpg

la vue est magnifique , ce qui est bien c'est qu'on voit les anciens prix de vente ! 42k en 2017 + 140% 100k en 2020 - 25% en 2022 !

4k de taxe annuel outch !

C'est genre 1 mois par année pour 75k surement ;P

Ça pas l'air , y'en a plusieurs à vendre

j'oubliais le 168$/mois de frais de condo , ça ressemble à une grosse suite dans un hôtel , c'est pas mal cool , en plus c'est affiché depuis 45 jours, tu peux surement avoir ça pour cher !

j'oubliais le 168$/mois de frais de condo , ça ressemble à une grosse suite dans un hôtel , c'est pas mal cool , en plus c'est affiché depuis 45 jours, tu peux surement avoir ça pour cher !

C'est des time share je te garantie hahah

eh ben j'ai raison!

Are you looking to experience the BEST the Okanagan has to offer in every season, at a fraction of the price of a traditional condo in Downtown Kelowna? Then this 1/12th fractional interest property is for you. This interest is in a luxury, renovated, get-away condo, right on Okanagan Lake! A fabulous location downtown within walking distance to all amenities, Kelowna's best dining, craft breweries, shopping, recreation, and so much more! If you already live here, why not be a tourist in your own city and take a staycation! If you're not a local, come visit in the prime seasons, and allow rentals of the unit, run as a hotel, when you're not visiting! Your weeks for availablity 2022: July 15-22 / Oct 7-14, Dec 30 - Jan 6 2023. Your weeks for 2023: March 24-31 / June 16-23 / Sept 8-15 / Dec 1-8! (id:4236)

Back