Tesla 3/Y major price drop

C'est quand même à 90% des items need to check qui sont AUSSI présent sur un EV (tire repair kit, body chassis visual inspection for corrosion, door hinge lubrication, steering, suspension, headlights). C'est à croire que c'est facile poster une liste de maintenance proposée pour des voitures ICE sans lire chaque petite ligne...

Lmao at FUD, doesn't get much to get your panties in a bunch! I gave zero input on how much an EV battery degrades over time, the exact question I asked is: how long a battery pack lasts? Turns out degradation averages 10% after 6 years. https://www.geotab.com/blog/ev-battery-health/

Ironically enough, my 140K km A4 I've bought when it had 50k has had oil changes every 8k, a steering column joint and one control arm bushing both under warranty, and that is all. Timing chain is still with ''brand new specs'' and it doesn't burn a single drop of oil. Talk about fear mongering lol

Slow thumbs up
Using a 4 year old article that is primarily based around a 1st Gen Leaf which has battery issues is pretty FUD.

I don’t understand why people are so drum banging that EVs are terrible and “you’ll never take me alive”. As I’ve said we are still in the infancy of the switch. I’ve also admitted the 2035 target is a bit silly to ban new ICE but who knows where we will be with the tech in 10-12 years time. Do current models meet most people’s needs? They absolutely do and if you can take advantage of the rebate go for it. The fuel savings might be a tad optimistic given energy prices being a roller coaster. The writing is on the wall for ICE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow thumbs up
Using a 4 year old article that is primarily based around a 1st Gen Leaf which has battery issues is pretty FUD.

I don’t understand why people are so drum banging that EVs are terrible and “you’ll never take me alive”. As I’ve said we are still in the infancy of the switch. I’ve also admitted the 2035 target is a bit silly to ban new ICE but who knows where we will be with the tech in 10-12 years time. Do current models meet most people’s needs? They absolutely do and if you can take advantage of the rebate go for it. The fuel savings might be a tad optimistic given energy prices being a roller coaster. The writing is on the wall for ICE

My understanding about 2035 is there is no ICE ban per se. It's a ban on ICE exclusive, but if you're PHEV, you're fine. Hence ample time for everybody to put a motor with a battery and a plug in.

My understanding about 2035 is there is no ICE ban per se. It's a ban on ICE exclusive, but if you're PHEV, you're fine. Hence ample time for everybody to put a motor with a battery and a plug in.

Correcto im not saying it’s a “hard date” because we know it will likely be extended but by that date a good chunk of cars and light trucks will be EV and PHEV.

I’m not a fan of PHEV it just adds complication for nothing but I see the appeal for now. You still need to deal with ever annoying emissions rules. I’d rather have a nice EV hatch Vs some PHEV thing that’s not good at an EV or a ICE in hatch form

Is your Jeep the PHEV version ?

Correcto im not saying it’s a “hard date” because we know it will likely be extended but by that date a good chunk of cars and light trucks will be EV and PHEV.

I’m not a fan of PHEV it just adds complication for nothing but I see the appeal for now. You still need to deal with ever annoying emissions rules. I’d rather have a nice EV hatch Vs some PHEV thing that’s not good at an EV or a ICE in hatch form

Me either, when you're driving on the engine your battery is just dead weight so the gas savings is really minimal and then you add thd complexity of 2 systems instead of 1. I feel PHEV'S are the real money grab/con.

Me either, when you're driving on the engine your battery is just dead weight so the gas savings is really minimal and then you add thd complexity of 2 systems instead of 1. I feel PHEV'S are the real money grab/con.
Phev don't have 100kwh batteries so not the same dead weight as EVs.

Although they add complexity they solve all the issues of 95% of people that will not buy a full EV (charging setup at home, only one car, need long range and quick fill etc)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

No, but it's a loaner. It's a 2.0T. Kinda like the motor, just not a fan of the sound it makes. It's pretty quick for what it is too.
I drove the PHEV right before the interest rates went full retard and I loved it, should have paid then. It's literally faster than my 535i LOL
Now I still love it so im probably just gonna end up spending the extra :(
Then again, trips to the office will become free, 38k range is enough for most people.

Phev don't have 100kwh batteries so not the same dead weight as EVs.

Although they add complexity they solve all the issues of 95% of people that will not buy a full EV (charging setup at home, only one car, need long range and quick fill etc)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Pour quelq'un en ville et en Condo ou appartement. Full EV, c'est un gros gamble.

Dans mon coin, Hochelaga, je vois trop de EV qui semble considérer les stations de recharge comme du parking.

Aussi, ya la shit qui s'en vient avec la recharge intérieur dans les tours à Condo. On commence à en entendre parler dans mon domaine. Des assureurs commencent à lever des flags en lien aux incendies intérieurs. Certains groupes de pression poussent (à tord selon moi) pour des mesures anti-incendie dans les stationnements intérieurs, des réformes au code du bâtiment (gicleurs chimique, plus de compartimentation coupe feu). Des associations de condo influencés par les médias qui refusent l'installation de bornes .

Les hybrides ont de beaux jours devant eux encore.

the end.

No, but it's a loaner. It's a 2.0T. Kinda like the motor, just not a fan of the sound it makes. It's pretty quick for what it is too.
I drove the PHEV right before the interest rates went full retard and I loved it, should have paid then. It's literally faster than my 535i LOL
Now I still love it so im probably just gonna end up spending the extra :(
Then again, trips to the office will become free, 38k range is enough for most people.

Careful don’t say enough for most people… certain will tell you they need 800km of range while towing a trailer up a hill at -40c with a 50kph headwind while being chased by a Yeti

Aussi, ya la shit qui s'en vient avec la recharge intérieur dans les tours à Condo. On commence à en entendre parler dans mon domaine. Des assureurs commencent à lever des flags en lien aux incendies intérieurs. Certains groupes de pression poussent (à tord selon moi) pour des mesures anti-incendie dans les stationnements intérieurs, des réformes au code du bâtiment (gicleurs chimique, plus de compartimentation coupe feu). Des associations de condo influencés par les médias qui refusent l'installation de bornes .

the end.

Je ne sais pas dans quel domaine tu es, mais j'allais répondre pas mal la même affaire.

Ça s'en vient

Pour quelq'un en ville et en Condo ou appartement. Full EV, c'est un gros gamble.

Dans mon coin, Hochelaga, je vois trop de EV qui semble considérer les stations de recharge comme du parking.

the end.

Je ne sais pas dans quel domaine tu es, mais j'allais répondre pas mal la même affaire.

Ça s'en vient

y'a quand même un gros risque , quand la batterie au lithium prend en feu, t'es dans marde si tu n'as d'extincteur conçu pour ça

sinon c'est 5000-6000 gallons d'eau pour venir à bout du feu

si tu as 4-5 char EV stationné ensemble vu que les bornes sont au même endroit, avec un feu comme ça , imaginons les dommages sur une structure de béton

y'a quand même un gros risque , quand la batterie au lithium prend en feu, t'es dans marde si tu n'as d'extincteur conçu pour ça

si tu as 4-5 char EV stationné ensemble vu que les bornes sont au même endroit, avec un feu comme ça , imaginons les dommages sur une structure de béton

It’s the same deal with ICE car though in an underground lot. One catches fire and the rest go up. Fire suppression just buys a little time. It’s okay to ask questions though. Open dialogue is key

Besides I bet the actual fires were caused by iffy EVSE installs. As time goes on hardwired equipment will be needed. Yea a couple Bolts caught on fire but a Ford Escape once caught on fire and wrecked an entire RO-RO ship.

People on condo boards don’t know anything and get their panties rattled the moment anyone brings up “omg insurance” vs asking the correct questions and looking at actual facts. People on my board are in between but the property management company guy isn’t a complete fool.

I bet there are dryer fires that cause more damaged Vs EV fires

jet fuel can't melt steel beam

C'est interdit dans soute les batteries lithium. Pas en cabine.

And people do it anyways. Checking iPads etc. One method for a burning phone or laptop is grabbing it with tongs and putting it in the warming oven inside a fire resistant bag.

The reason they don’t want you moving your seat if you drop your phone is fire risk

Back