What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Pri, if you are serious about selling your car, you can PM me, i could be interested. If it's in decent shape, I'll give you a decent price for it.

je me suis mis un budget pour une bonne raison, c'est justement pour pas de dépasser :p

financement n'est pas une solution pour dépasser son budget

Carbon build up. Vraiment plus rien a faire un coup que c'est accumuler ? Je pense que le mien a ce problème :( Est-ce mieux de démancher l'intake et gratter ou ben enlever la tête ??

Calvers mon gti a juste 91 000 km :mad:

An additional approach for reducing the formation of carbon deposits on the intake valves is to increase the intake valve temperature, at least temporarily, since, surprisingly, it was found that any carbon deposits possibly present are removed at temperatures above 380° C.

To this end, the intake valve unit, which comprises, among other components, the intake valves and the valve stem guide, is designed with means that hinder heat dissipation in such a way that increased surface temperatures of more than 380° C develop at least in the area of the neck of the intake valves in at least one predetermined region of the load characteristic diagram of the internal combustion engine.

At these temperatures, carbon deposits on the intake valves are removed. This region of the characteristic diagram occurs, for example, at speeds over 3,000 rpm, and in that speed range. extends essentially to full load. Even if the internal combustion engine is not operated most of the time in the region during normal driving operation of a motor vehicle, nevertheless, carbon deposits that could adversely affect the operation of the internal combustion engine cannot build up, since their removal in the shaded region of the characteristic diagram occurs very quickly. For example, operation of the internal combustion engine in this region of the characteristic diagram for a period of, for example, 20 min., is sufficient to remove even a thick layer of carbon deposits. In other words, a routine expressway trip cleans the intake valves sufficiently.

En gros, time to beat the crap out of your car for a good cause.

Pick up at Kenny's today a 02J shifter to replace the 02a one in the GTI. I'm going to use the one I already have ready and upgrade bushings for the Corrado. Going to re-order the bushing and clean up the parts picked up today.
Shift Tower
58cWloj.jpg

Shifter cable bracket bushings

rU83FMa.jpg

The 02A shifter is soooo sloppy big long throws make it easy to blow a shift. Also picked up some new rubber 195/40/17 and 205/35/17 not a high end tire Sailum Atrezzo. The ones on the wheels still have lots of thread but these size are getting harder to find. Was available in the US Yokohama S Drive but the exchange is the killer.:

Back