Car of the Month: Février 2011: 2006 Rolls Royce Phantom

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe this is the story of Avo:

1. Dad pays for Corvette and lots and lots of mods on Corvette.
2. Avo goes to car shows and shows off Corvette with crazy mods.
3. People tell Avo his car is sick and they want him to build them a sick car.
4. Avo get's mom to bankroll his shop and get's those rich people to come give him money.

I'm not saying he didn't work somewhat hard or he doesn't have some taste in some of his projects, but I just can't take someone seriously when his parents pay for everything.

He has had more cars then that lol. He's been modding cars since the mid 90s

lol why the fuck would you pay interest when you don't have too?

Yes with the IRS and living way beyond his means. It was well documented a few years ago, some of his properties are still in foreclosure.

Not really the story at all lol. He gave power of attorney to his manager and his manager cleaned him out for a little over 55 million.

Who cares how Avo made his money or built his business, the car itself is a Rolls on ugly rims, it doesn't suite the car at all.

Hello everyone! I wanted to thank all of you guys for your feedback & comments for the past couple of years, whether positive ones or not so positive! :) One thing we all know is that you cannot please everyone. I also wanted to maybe clarify a few things for everyone on the board that might not know me or about me. I take great pride in my work that comes out of my shop and do take it very seriously. All these stories about my mother buying me this, that and rolling on her bank roll make me giggle more than anything else. I just find it somewhat comedic that people seem to know my personal life so well! To set the records straight, although it shouldn't matter... My father bought me my first car in 1997 and it was a BMW 3 series... The Corvette was purchased by me and all mods were done at my expense with much help from dear friends of mine with whom I still do work with till this day (Alex & Greg from Automotion) It's been a long journey and I appreciate all the support from you guys, friends around me and yes...my family more than anyone else! I only wanted some people to know that my shop comes from hard work and my strong passion & love for cars, and not from the stories that sometimes get posted such as my Mother financing my business or buying me a $300,000.00 Rolls Royce. I love to hear all sorts of comments from you guys because it makes me think about what I'm doing right and/or wrong. As far as the COTM, I definately agree that there is the bare minimum done to this car, but till this day, I enjoy looking at her!! One last thing, I promise that 90% of you guys will love the next COTM :) Cheers,

Avo

Well played, sir.

Although your post is a formatting mess, I am glad to see you took the high road.

And if next month's COTM is from Toyz.....chances are it'll get bashed. lol

My comment was not against you but sorry your car is nice but i want to see some *people* car who work god damn hard on them !

Hello everyone! I wanted to thank all of you guys for your feedback & comments for the past couple of years, whether positive ones or not so positive! :) One thing we all know is that you cannot please everyone. I also wanted to maybe clarify a few things for everyone on the board that might not know me or about me. I take great pride in my work that comes out of my shop and do take it very seriously. All these stories about my mother buying me this, that and rolling on her bank roll make me giggle more than anything else. I just find it somewhat comedic that people seem to know my personal life so well! To set the records straight, although it shouldn't matter... My father bought me my first car in 1997 and it was a BMW 3 series... The Corvette was purchased by me and all mods were done at my expense with much help from dear friends of mine with whom I still do work with till this day (Alex & Greg from Automotion) It's been a long journey and I appreciate all the support from you guys, friends around me and yes...my family more than anyone else! I only wanted some people to know that my shop comes from hard work and my strong passion & love for cars, and not from the stories that sometimes get posted such as my Mother financing my business or buying me a $300,000.00 Rolls Royce. I love to hear all sorts of comments from you guys because it makes me think about what I'm doing right and/or wrong. As far as the COTM, I definately agree that there is the bare minimum done to this car, but till this day, I enjoy looking at her!! One last thing, I promise that 90% of you guys will love the next COTM :) Cheers,

Avo

cant wait to see the next car ! i miss the Z06 when it was plain silver :(

good memories from you peeling of infront of automotion back in the days... oh well

The only problem that I have with this car, is not the quality of the rims or the design, but the fitments. I would've opted for something more aggressive, especially from a shop... But wtvr, thats me... The black RR Phantom that was posted on the first page is sitting damn right on those rims, but Avo's one, you can see on the picture that the back wheels are tucked in and look way too skinny for the size of the car.

Anyhow, I'm hating because it's a shops car, and I'd expect nothing but perfection I guess...

Avo
Aside from the structure (read the iPhone reply) it sure shows when someone plays their part. You answered gracefully and kept face, I respect that. Hopefully the next one won't disappoint; we all know the class of car your shop puts out, making it hard not to cringe at the Royce.

Keep up the good work, your shop distinguishes itself in many ways and not only in the car world, but in any kind of retail experience.

I find it funny that people complain that its COTM. There are no rules or regulations for COTM..if its a cool local ( or even Canadian ) car then it can be COTM. The Rolls is a cool car and even tho its not very modded its pretty well modded for a Rolls.. Plus we try to feature different styles of car's as much as possible..so this was just a nice change from the usual Volks and Hondas.

I find it funny that people complain that its COTM. There are no rules or regulations for COTM..if its a cool local ( or even Canadian ) car then it can be COTM. The Rolls is a cool car and even tho its not very modded its pretty well modded for a Rolls.. Plus we try to feature different styles of car's as much as possible..so this was just a nice change from the usual Volks and Hondas.

I think you need to take a look at the COTM history, a Toyz feature is far from ''a change from the ordinary'', at this pace it will soon become the ordinary.

WHO CARES WHAT THE CAR OF THE MONTH IS!!!!!!! who said it has to be a car with 100 000$ spent on it....its mainly to present a local car roaming the montreal streets...for all you guys bashing on Avo or claiming you know everything about him without even knowing him personally, go get your facts straight or even go ahead and stop by his shop and say hi.

Ive personally known Avo for 3-4 years now, and he is one awesome dude!! This guy has helped me soo much in the past, done soo many favors for me, given me stuff... let me use his lift for my POS winter beater when i ran out of brakes!! So plz...keep the stupid and bad comments to yourself! and next time you see Avo, go say hi and you'll be surprised!!

love you baby!!! ;)

btw...heres Avo at an OverDosed JDM Monday!!!

SP_A0258.jpg

Last edited:
Back