Car of the Month: Février 2011: 2006 Rolls Royce Phantom

Hello everyone! I wanted to thank all of you guys for your feedback & comments for the past couple of years, whether positive ones or not so positive! :) One thing we all know is that you cannot please everyone. I also wanted to maybe clarify a few things for everyone on the board that might not know me or about me. I take great pride in my work that comes out of my shop and do take it very seriously. All these stories about my mother buying me this, that and rolling on her bank roll make me giggle more than anything else. I just find it somewhat comedic that people seem to know my personal life so well! To set the records straight, although it shouldn't matter... My father bought me my first car in 1997 and it was a BMW 3 series... The Corvette was purchased by me and all mods were done at my expense with much help from dear friends of mine with whom I still do work with till this day (Alex & Greg from Automotion) It's been a long journey and I appreciate all the support from you guys, friends around me and yes...my family more than anyone else! I only wanted some people to know that my shop comes from hard work and my strong passion & love for cars, and not from the stories that sometimes get posted such as my Mother financing my business or buying me a $300,000.00 Rolls Royce. I love to hear all sorts of comments from you guys because it makes me think about what I'm doing right and/or wrong. As far as the COTM, I definately agree that there is the bare minimum done to this car, but till this day, I enjoy looking at her!! One last thing, I promise that 90% of you guys will love the next COTM :) Cheers,

Avo

Honestly speaking, the rolls royce is one of the nicest car I've seen in montreal, no one can come close to it.. I live down the street from you, can't wait to see what upcoming projects will be sitting on your driveway!

Everyone, everyday, everywhere will have an opinion. I can remember 8 years ago hitting Julep in my airbrushed camaro on a thursday. Half the people hated it, half loved it. All that mattered was being a part of the car scene in Montreal. My Boss D here at sticky has been in this scene from day one; integras, cls's, porsches. All of our tastes are different. Our tastes change year to year. All that should matter here is that we are all passionate about cars and share our passion with other enthusiasts. I remember seeing the magnum, mini, corvette, porsche's etc over the years from Avo. Some were hit, others miss. We all try and do something that will make us, our clients, our family, friends, whatever happy. We should all share in that. I feel privileged to have experienced the montreal car scene before frankly it went to shit. I think if we all just step back and realize that it's about the cars, their differences and each person's perspective, we'd bring back the montreal car scene of yester-years. Stock or heavily modified, this car has a presence in person that can't be discounted.

you know there's a lot of people that are born into money, and they piss it away on blow, burn there families companies to the ground, or just do nothing and spend all the money and act as if the accomplished things in life.

Now i don't know Avo personally but i have friends that do and apparently he is a very humble guy considering his families fortune and where he is in life now.

This guy has used the resources available to him and built a shop focusing on his passion and love and is actually now making his own money and building his own fortune. He also represents Montreal, he could have easily moved to Cali and Miami and probably made more money, but he is actually keeping the business and money in this province, even though we have shit roads, shitty french language rights and shitty taxes.

guaranteed if he offered any one of you who bashed him, a job scrubbing toilets in his shop you'd probably piss your pants.

No one here has the power to judge anyone, and when you able to step back and put yourself in other peoples shoes, that's when you should actually have an opinion on others. Anyone of you would have done the same, and why not. If you have opportunities in life you take them, regardless of what people say.

my 0.03 cents LOL

dgufgyn fgundgn
dfn dfyndfynfhndjnc
dgjghjghjnc ghjnd
dyjnd gjnd ghjncfn
jk;fcg hdybyf hbfth cfh
jhghjnfgb cynb
fghjhrg hjbnngvh bim nvg hvchg
hbjk njbhngg ctyf djfyucjnch
ghjnvh hmvc hncfjndgb

not_a_signle_fuck.png

you know there's a lot of people that are born into money, and they piss it away on blow, burn there families companies to the ground, or just do nothing and spend all the money and act as if the accomplished things in life.

Now i don't know Avo personally but i have friends that do and apparently he is a very humble guy considering his families fortune and where he is in life now.

This guy has used the resources available to him and built a shop focusing on his passion and love and is actually now making his own money and building his own fortune. He also represents Montreal, he could have easily moved to Cali and Miami and probably made more money, but he is actually keeping the business and money in this province, even though we have shit roads, shitty french language rights and shitty taxes.

guaranteed if he offered any one of you who bashed him, a job scrubbing toilets in his shop you'd probably piss your pants.

No one here has the power to judge anyone, and when you able to step back and put yourself in other peoples shoes, that's when you should actually have an opinion on others. Anyone of you would have done the same, and why not. If you have opportunities in life you take them, regardless of what people say.

my 0.03 cents LOL

well said my friend well said indeed.

doesn't matter who owns it, what shop did it, with who's money etc

The car itself is just not COTM material IMO. It's a Phantom with aftermarket mags. It's just that the level of work that went into this car is minimal to say the least. The Maranello had a lot more work done. So did the blue Continental GT. But not this one. It shouldn't matter that it's a rare car. That 86 Pony with 48k km, is a rare car also. If someone buys it and puts aftermarket mags on it, does it become COTM material?

What IS COTM Material...was there some guide lines created!? NOPE... there is no minimum or maximum mods required....

Think about muscle car guys...the guy who has the most ORIGINAL car, nothing aftermarket etc is the best!!! So youre gonna tell me an all original 67 camaro RS/SS is not COTM worthy?!

logik23 is jelly

The car does serve its purpose as mobile marketing, its flashy and as soon as everyone sees it they think of Toyz, so hes doin sumtin raight.

What IS COTM Material...was there some guide lines created!? NOPE... there is no minimum or maximum mods required....

Think about muscle car guys...the guy who has the most ORIGINAL car, nothing aftermarket etc is the best!!! So youre gonna tell me an all original 67 camaro RS/SS is not COTM worthy?!

Not in my opinion.

There were no set guidelines for COTM. Danny can choose Broody's 87 stock Civic Wagovan if he wants to, it's his site. That doesn't mean that people have to agree with that choice.

logik23 is jelly

The car does serve its purpose as mobile marketing, its flashy and as soon as everyone sees it they think of Toyz, so hes doin sumtin raight.

i saw it and didn't think of Toyz at all... didn't even know it belonged to Toyz and couldn't care less.

Not in my opinion.

There were no set guidelines for COTM. Danny can choose Broody's 87 stock Civic Wagovan if he wants to, it's his site. That doesn't mean that people have to agree with that choice.

You dont think an all original 67 camaro RS/SS is COTM worthy...my friend...you dont know much about car culture!

Back