Fiabilité Porsche 911

kickerneon

Legacy Member
Je voulais savoir c'est quoi la fiabilité d'une Porsche 911 dans les année 2000 et plus… Je commence à penser à magasiner pis je voulais savoir c'est quoi je doit regarder et si il y a des problèmes connus pour ces modèle.
Merci pour l'info!

C'est certain que ca sera jamais fiable comme une yaris et que le cout d'entretiens est plus élevé, mais pour ce que c'est, c'est très fiable.

Jusqu'à milieu 2000 il y a souvent des problèmes connus avec les IMS qui sont couteux à réparer, mais malgré que c'est assez connu, ça reste quand même une minorité qui en sont victime.

Paging @Gregster

which model and generation you're looking at?

In general I'd say they are very reliable for the performance level

Je suis d'accord avec Rob_SeR, pour avoir eu 4 Porsche dont deux 911 (ma blonde en a eu 4 aussi mais une seule 911), c'est relativement fiable. Par contre, quand quelque chose brise hors garantie, tu dois avoir les poches assez profondes. J'ai eu un bris mineur sur mon ancienne 911 Turbo et ça avait coûté 5000$ pour remplacer une pièce de 90$. Porsche en avait assumé la moitié en "goodwill". Ma GT3 RS neuve a été livrée avec 12 km et un défaut de fabrication (problème électrique) qui a pris 15 heures de main d'oeuvre à régler. Une excellente inspection est un must avant l'achat.

Stay away from 3.8. worst for cylinder bore scoring on 4-5-6. Will require a rebuild which is 12-18k Reliable yea if you take care of it and if the PO did. They aren't complex cars.

Cheap to fix? Yes an no, lots of the issues are known and lots is DIY. Clutch is still expensive and suspension. Have a PPI done before exhanging money.

You can easily google all the info.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I heard the best one in the low price range was with the 3.4 with double row IMS or any Turbo.. Also to stay away from the 3.6 if possible but never the 3.8, good to know!

Quel modèle de 996 tu regardes?

Turbo
Carrera S
Gt2
?!?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I heard the best one in the low price range was with the 3.4 with double row IMS or any Turbo.. Also to stay away from the 3.6 if possible but never the 3.8, good to know!
3.8s are notorious for having scored cylinders on the ones further away fromt he waterpump.. so 4-5-6. Easy way to tell is massive oil consumption and a greasy left rear exhaust.

I suggest getting a lower temp tstat either way

Anyways just go on Rennlist in the 996 section. You will find all the info you want. These cars aren't rare but sure lots of opinions

J’ai une 996 turbo s, elle est rendue a 53 000km et à part l’entretien régulier je n’ai eu aucun problème à date.

didn't you just say 3.8s have scoring issues?
Re- read. 3.4 3.6 is fine.

997 3.8 is trash if he went 997 Route

If you ask LN engineering and Jake Raby all engines are bad and need expensive LN upgrades he will gladly sell you and brag about his patents

There was never a 3.8 996. But he said later models so I just mentioned 997.1 out of kindness.

Buy the cleanest one you can with the best service history. Only largest stories or sketchyness walkaway. A good indicator I look for is how clear the brake fluid is. Clear or Amber means the shop it was getting service at was changing it often.. Brown/Black means it was never done. Same for the coolant. It should be pinkish/light orange. Dark orange brown or worse GREEN it should not be. Have a good look for any drips of fluid under the front of the rear arches (carbio top rams leaking)

Back