Best driver’s car 700$/mois

Bizzy Bone

J’ai un fleet car pour la job, mais ça risque d’être une allocation pour mon prochain véhicule ce printemps.
Je peux donc acheter ce que je veux. Je suis directeur commercial et visite mes clients un peu partout dans l’est du Canada

Je songe même à vendre ma Z06 pour avoir un daily plus plaisant/sportif à la place de deux autos

Sans trop avoir regardé tout mes options et fais mes recherches, j’ai considéré;
-Golf GTI
-Golf R
-Mustang GT
-Kia stinger/G70 sport

Je suis en train de faire du brainstorming.
Je connais pas trop mes options de audi/bmw/etc.

Si vous aviez à choisir un véhicule autour de +-700$/mois?

Svp n'importe quoi mais pas une Golf, c'est tellement neutre et aseptisé comme comme char,
pi le look...
Ç'est plus qu'ordinaire.

Tu semble vouloir du moteur , alors Challenger , Charger , Çamaro ? ( sans etre le hellcat y'a de bon moteur ) Ou Mustang comme t'as dit.

Si t'achète usagé de keks années le prob avec Audi et Bmw est le $$$ d'entretiens et réparations ...

Last edited:
Si tu cherche un all arounder, golf R difficile à battre. Peut être c43 AMG peut rentrer dans le budget, mais pas certain. M240i aussi sûrement. Si tu te sens aventureux, WRX STi.

Sinon tu as Mustang, corvette, Camaro, mais beaucoup moins pratique.

Le post original ne le dit pas, neuf obligatoirement? J'imagine que oui si c'est pour une allocation.

Can you put in some of your own money 200-300$ a month let's say?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you've ever been on a car allowance structure like this but I've been on it 10 years now.

Here is how it works:

-Do you get a T2200 (for Canada) and TP64 (for Quebec) from your employer at the end of the year ? (could be next year since structure seems to be changing in your case). If the answer is YES, you have to be careful and also smart on what you decide as your next car

1. They will most likely place the gas they pay on those documents as a taxable income.
2. They will obviously place that you're getting 700$ a month as an allowance (don't know if they'll tax you at the source on this or not)

What does all this mean ?

Well you're allowed to spend up to 920$ a month taxes included on a lease of a car and be able to declare the % you use it for work.

Example : 920$, you use it 75% for work = 690$ x 12 months as an expense for your taxes
If you spend more than 920$, the rest cannot be used as an expense, so for example 1000$ a month, that 80$ extra is 100% out of pocket

On top of your lease, you can place :
Gas (in your case paid)
Insurance
Repair/maintenance
License fee
Registration fee

All of it calculated with the same % for work vs personal

Keep in mind you need to keep some form of a log book or in your agenda have the meetings you booked, if ever they want all your receipts, you'll need to send in your logbook in an excel format (its happened to me twice but my shit is clean so no issues)

Now to go back to the point I made about being smart in your case. Because they're paying your gas, if you do 7000$ at the end of the year, that's an added income you nromally would have paid taxes on. So increasing your lease amount to the maximum of 920$/month makes sense (from the information ive gathered so far on this thread).

Scenario A:
Lease at 700$ a month = end of year you'll most likely owe taxes (depends on how much gas income you get dinged for of course)

Scenario B:
Lease at 920$ a month = end of year receive some back or break even since your car expense was higher and the % offset what you would have paid in taxes on the gas

BTW the documents to fill out when filling your taxes is the T777 for Canada and TP59V for quebec

Lots of accountants try to stay away from these documents/calculations and MANY people I work with have had to change accountants only to realize they were losing out all these years because of their lazyness.

So the question you have to ask HR/payroll is will the new structure for your car allowance give you a T2200/TP64 at the end of each year. If yes, then all of above applies.

FYI as for the car, well my fully loaded 440GC with Mpak I and II is 911$ a month taxes included .... lol...

I don't know if you've ever been on a car allowance structure like this but I've been on it 10 years now.

Here is how it works:

-Do you get a T2200 (for Canada) and TP64 (for Quebec) from your employer at the end of the year ? (could be next year since structure seems to be changing in your case). If the answer is YES, you have to be careful and also smart on what you decide as your next car

1. They will most likely place the gas they pay on those documents as a taxable income.
2. They will obviously place that you're getting 700$ a month as an allowance (don't know if they'll tax you at the source on this or not)

What does all this mean ?

Well you're allowed to spend up to 920$ a month taxes included on a lease of a car and be able to declare the % you use it for work.

Example : 920$, you use it 75% for work = 690$ x 12 months as an expense for your taxes
If you spend more than 920$, the rest cannot be used as an expense, so for example 1000$ a month, that 80$ extra is 100% out of pocket

On top of your lease, you can place :
Gas (in your case paid)
Insurance
Repair/maintenance
License fee
Registration fee

All of it calculated with the same % for work vs personal

Keep in mind you need to keep some form of a log book or in your agenda have the meetings you booked, if ever they want all your receipts, you'll need to send in your logbook in an excel format (its happened to me twice but my shit is clean so no issues)

Now to go back to the point I made about being smart in your case. Because they're paying your gas, if you do 7000$ at the end of the year, that's an added income you nromally would have paid taxes on. So increasing your lease amount to the maximum of 920$/month makes sense (from the information ive gathered so far on this thread).

Scenario A:
Lease at 700$ a month = end of year you'll most likely owe taxes (depends on how much gas income you get dinged for of course)

Scenario B:
Lease at 920$ a month = end of year receive some back or break even since your car expense was higher and the % offset what you would have paid in taxes on the gas

BTW the documents to fill out when filling your taxes is the T777 for Canada and TP59V for quebec

Lots of accountants try to stay away from these documents/calculations and MANY people I work with have had to change accountants only to realize they were losing out all these years because of their lazyness.

So the question you have to ask HR/payroll is will the new structure for your car allowance give you a T2200/TP64 at the end of each year. If yes, then all of above applies.

FYI as for the car, well my fully loaded 440GC with Mpak I and II is 911$ a month taxes included .... lol...

This is interesting I have never heard of this. Your presentation needs a bit of work though before its TED talk ready.

So to make it easier to follow do we not need to clean up who actually pays?

$500 monthly lease
$200 monthly gas
$100 monthly insurance
$200 monthly repairs/maintenance

Using the above, there is a tax distinction between getting $750 allowance and having the car registered to the company directly, them paying the lease out, and then you using a credit card for the remainder of the expenses and submitting an expense account for reimbursement to the company each month to cover the gas/insurance/maintenance is there not?

This is interesting I have never heard of this. Your presentation needs a bit of work though before its TED talk ready.

So to make it easier to follow do we not need to clean up who actually pays?

$500 monthly lease
$200 monthly gas
$100 monthly insurance
$200 monthly repairs/maintenance

Using the above, there is a tax distinction between getting $750 allowance and having the car registered to the company directly, them paying the lease out, and then you using a credit card for the remainder of the expenses and submitting an expense account for reimbursement to the company each month to cover the gas/insurance/maintenance is there not?

sorry about that lol, i winged it the few minutes I have on saturday mornings with kids

To make it simple, if he gets those documents from his job.

700$ x 12 car allowance (usually taxes are deducted at the source for this) = 8400$
Gas (lets assume he has 3000$ worth) will be declared as a taxable benefit on his docs as well = 3000$

for his side what he can do is maximize his expenses if the % he does for work is 65-75% or more (if its less than that then he's losing out on all this)
lease 920 x 12 = 11000$
gas = nothing since paid by company in his case
insurance = 1000$
regis/license = 400$
maintenance = 1500$

His total car expense is 13900$
from that 13900$ x 75% for work = 10425$ is work

the rule of thumb: T4 = 100K income (including car allowance and gas) - 10425$, he therefore should have paid taxes for someone with an income of 90k (but dont forget he probably didnt pay taxes on the gas so what the company gave to CA/QC are not enough for a 100k earner, but enough or too much for a 90k earner.... hence boosting his expenses

just breaking it down as much as possible btw....

in my mind when you have a job that allows you to do it and drive around alot... splurge and get something you want... in the end between the 700 and 920.... out of pocket it might really only be 100-125$ difference for someone declaring 75% of his car for work

as an example my car expense this year was 16k with gas/lease/insurance bla bla bla.... I get 7500$ a year (in my case taxes are not deducted)... but I still end up with 4-5k returns because I'm boosting the shit out of my expenses....

we did the math with a coworker that has a honda accord at 550$ a month vs me.... and I'm paying maybe 200$ a month more but driving a 920$ a month...

just realized this reply isn't any shorter than other.... anyways have a good weekend guys... sorry about the long replies... just trying to help him or others out

Svp n'importe quoi mais pas une Golf, c'est tellement neutre et aseptisé comme comme char,
pi le look...
Ç'est plus qu'ordinaire.

Challenger , Charger ? ( sans etre le hellcat y'a de bon moteur ) Ou Mustang comme t'as dit.

Si t'achète usagé de keks années le prob avec Audi et Bmw est le $$$ d'entretiens et réparations ...

Wtf C’est genre la meilleure option une gti/golfR côté confor/plaisir

Pas une vidange de charger svp

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

pi le look...
Ç'est plus qu'ordinaire.

Challenger , Charger ? ( sans etre le hellcat y'a de bon moteur ) Ou Mustang comme t'as dit.

Une Charger un drivers car?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Pour moi, le confort et agrément de conduite, c'est BMW. Surtout si tu fais beaucoup de route.

Pour plus de performance, je sais pas si 700$ est réaliste dans le neuf avec BMW par contre.

Je ne vois pas comment tu pourrais rouler un RWD sur des routes secondaire comme directeur commercial. 365 jours/année

Je me pognerais une A4 avec un package S-Line ou BMW dans le meme genre et garderai la corvette

Back