La carte de crédit vous utilisez

Fuck credit cards

corin_raymond_cash.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

^^ nice le gars a environ pour 23,55$ d'argent canadian tire ....

C'est tu juste moi ou ce thread fail à la base et passe à côté d'un bon potentiel?

On aurait dû faire un thread:

- Institution
- Nom de la carte
- Frais annuels
- Taux d'intérêt
- Type de remise et %
- Air Miles
- Avantages voyages
- Autres avantages

Parce que sérieux, à part lire des noms et des chiffres par ci par là, ça donne vraiment aucune idée de comparaison.

I dont have a credit card...

I have a Gold Amex

I can transfer my points to Aeroplan/SPG/TripFlex/Gift Certificates/Membership Rewards

Most cards out there restrict you to one program or options which I dislike.

BMO for example has the black card but is only TRIPFLEX capable or you get products with points... you can't transfer to Aeroplan for example. So its 1000 points for 10$ back on a trip.

When you do the math and you dont mind using Aeroplan as an option for your flight... the return on Aeroplan can go anywhere from 2% to 8%

So if you enjoy flying and dont mind using Aeroplan. The best program out there is the American Express charge cards because of all the different programs you can transfer points too. The tripflex at Amex is also 1000points for 10$ as well anyways.

I get 2 points for every dollar at gas stations and groceries
1 point everywhere else per dollar

I gas up at Esso and use my Aeroplan on top of it... so for every 75$ of gas I get 225 points. (Amex + Esso point return).

You have to be smart and merge programs together to "double dip" such as the Esso and Amex option I have. In my case I put 5000$ of gas per year (work on the road).

Everyone has a different situation so finding the best option for you is probably the smartest thing to do

research research research and know how you spend/where you spend

#1 rule though is always pay your full balance.... if not you're simply fucking yourself over.... thats why a charge card is much smarter because before spending you need to know if you have the $ or not... since its payable in full, unlike a credit card

Last edited:
BMO Airmiles

Why, i dont know i dont care

19% of interest...always pay my balance on time

Gives me airmiles I guess... I spend maybe 10-15K on my card evey year.. wich is nothing

CIBC Aventura World Elite MC for day to day stuff
Pros:
Best travel insurance pkg globally,
good pt redemption ratio (1pt per $ spent),
pts transferrable to aeroplan 1:1,
over 100 airlines to redeem + 26 star alliance airlines thru Aeroplan.
Cons:
Grandfathered only= no new applications taken
120.00/yr main card, 50.00 per additional
Interest rt is industry avg (19.99 purch-21.99 cash) tho IDGAF since I pay in full every statement

I have an AMEX Gold charge card for larger items (1st year free, 120.00 after+30k pts welcome bonus transferrable to Aeroplan 1:1); Persianrider sums up pros+cons quite well above...

I also have an RBC rewards no-fee Visa as backup (never use it)

CIBC, Classic Card, Student so I pay nothing monthly and I have all the purchase protections and what not, 19/21 interest, I don't care about not having any rewards, I probably spend 5k on my credit card yearly.

If you don't care for rewards like my dad as an example. I'd suggest the mbna Mastercard with 9.9% interest on everything. Might as well at least get a lower interest rate.

If you don't care for rewards like my dad as an example. I'd suggest the mbna Mastercard with 9.9% interest on everything. Might as well at least get a lower interest rate.

Huh that seems interesting. I'll look into the yearly cost of it

0$

Just checked their site and seems like the card doesn't exist anymore.

Try calling them.

I think they got bought out by someone so maybe that deal is gone. My dad has it with the 9.9% rate.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

0$

Just checked their site and seems like the card doesn't exist anymore.

Try calling them.

I think they got bought out by someone so maybe that deal is gone. My dad has it with the 9.9% rate.

I also just looked and the only card that has 9.99 is the Legion card, I don't know if you have to be a veteran to have it?

If not they have an interesting deal 0% for 12 months, but the interests on cash advance is 25 instead of 21, just that is meh since I withdrawal from my CC at ATM's when I go to bars/clubs in case I get fucked over or fraud I prefer dealing with VISA than Interac

td bought them out I think so they probably removed the 9.9%... It wasn't a grandfather deal... My dad got it as a new client.

I'd suggest the mbna Mastercard with 9.9% interest on everything. Might as well at least get a lower interest rate.

You call 9.9% a low interest? I have two MBNA at 0.99% yearly + a one time transaction fee of 1%, which comes to a 1.99% roughly per year. (money deposited in my account within 48h of calling).

Anyways, Marge personnelle tourne généralement entre 4% et 9%. So a la base, parlons même pas des 21.99% ou 29.99% des autres cartes. Faut être falafel en "tab" pour ne pas plutôt prendre un prêt conso ou une marge pour régler la dette. Tout cela pour dire que même une carte à 9.99% reste plus élevé que d'autres alternatives d'emprunt...(Style prime - 1% pour certains professionnels issue d'ordres reconnues.)

You call 9.9% a low interest? I have two MBNA at 0.99% yearly + a one time transaction fee of 1%, which comes to a 1.99% roughly per year. (money deposited in my account within 48h of calling).

Anyways, Marge personnelle tourne généralement entre 4% et 9%. So a la base, parlons même pas des 21.99% ou 29.99% des autres cartes. Faut être falafel en "tab" pour ne pas plutôt prendre un prêt conso ou une marge pour régler la dette. Tout cela pour dire que même une carte à 9.99% reste plus élevé que d'autres alternatives d'emprunt...(Style prime - 1% pour certains professionnels issue d'ordres reconnues.)

Its low for someone who doesn't have a fico score that's sky high... My dad has always dealt with stuff cash. And the reply was for someone who said they're a student... So most likely that's the best rate he can get anyways.

Also I don't see the 1% annual rate you have anywhere on their site so if you have been a client forever and got the rate it's understandable.

That being said... Thats why I deal with 0% which is called charge card.

MBNA sends .99% offers from time to time.

I have used then twice to get 1 year loan at 1.99% (including the 1% fee)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

C'est tu juste moi ou ce thread fail à la base et passe à côté d'un bon potentiel?

On aurait dû faire un thread:

- Institution
- Nom de la carte
- Frais annuels
- Taux d'intérêt
- Type de remise et %
- Air Miles
- Avantages voyages
- Autres avantages

Parce que sérieux, à part lire des noms et des chiffres par ci par là, ça donne vraiment aucune idée de comparaison.

J'ai ouvert un thread, on vas voir ce que sa donne :p

MBNA sends .99% offers from time to time.

I have used then twice to get 1 year loan at 1.99% (including the 1% fee)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I've seen those but he says he has it yearly as if its not a 12 month promo type of thing.... which wouldnt make sense.

Rbc visa signature
Elle est gratuite taux d'intéret de 19.99% 1$/1pointrbcrecompenses
J'ai 50000 points pas utilisés faudrai jaille voir justement de quoi de nice que jpeux m'pogner !

You call 9.9% a low interest? I have two MBNA at 0.99% yearly + a one time transaction fee of 1%, which comes to a 1.99% roughly per year.

Never heard of a credit card that gives 0.99% yearly. I've heard of promos at that rate for 6 months, but never forever... That credit card would be pointless to the credit card company... No one would do loans with the bank either.... You sure it's not a promo?

I use MC SmartCash Platinum, but it's not as good as it used to be.... TD bought it and ruined it.

Yes I've seen those but he says he has it yearly as if its not a 12 month promo type of thing.... which wouldnt make sense.
I constantly receive the promo it's been 3 years I simply call them 5 says before each 12.months promo ends and they extend my debt over another 12 months @.99%...however with TD I don't know how it's gonna change

Back