Confession automobile thread

34 000$ for a base focus and 50 000$ for the ST, yikes.
Comparing the exchange rates is pointless. Base Golf GTi is the same price as here but dollars vs GBP or Euro. It is what it is. Currency exchange and fluctuations are calculated

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comparing the exchange rates is pointless. Base Golf GTi is the same price as here but dollars vs GBP or Euro. It is what it is. Currency exchange and fluctuations are calculated

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, some products take the easy way out and make it all about currency exchange (Yes, Apple, we see you w/ those iPhone prices)

Cars aren't one of them. You've got to hit that respective market's price point for that particular product. And if you can't and you're not willing to trade profits for marketshare, you might choose not to offer that product.

Ex: A Colorado ZR2 Crew Cab V6 has a 43000 USD MSRP vs 48 000 CAD MSRP. That's for essentially the same truck. According to current exchange rate that truck ought to be $58 000 CDN here but it is not. Those are both american made products. Depending on where they are manufactured, you've got to account for import duties and the likes.

It wouldn't be successful in our market at that price point. It has to be priced to compete with other entrants. It's also why GM won't let their dealers sell that ZR2 directly to the American consumers for 35k US. It would undercut that market's pricing in a big way.

I remember when the dollar was at par, people would import Subarus from the states as they would end up quite a bit cheaper. Sometimes the manufacturer's warranty would transfer over, sometimes it wouldn't. It depends on the make.

Je confesse que c'est un peu ordinaire d'un garage pis quand tu demande pour un alignement et il te shoot: Tes 4 Ball joints sont fini raide c'est sur et certain.. C'est comme dude ta yeule pis check le avant de l'aligné c'est toute calisse... Vraiment ordinaire comme réponse à donner à un client.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

seance de chiro a midi pi apres sa j'ai fini de sortir le moteur tout seul.

la yé par terre mais jai le dos en feu en tabarnak

Je confesse que j'ai violé une c43 amg a deux reprise hier au mexique.. j'ai trouvé ca slow même si ca pèse 500lbs de plus que moi! Méchant beau son parcontre

La semaine passé un soir vers 9:00 m'en va faire une autre ride dans le nord , 15 , 370 , Chemin Chertsey et Entrelacs ( 2 X ) retour par la 125,
tout le long j'me dis soit tres vigilant y'a pleins de chevreuils le soir.

Bon, tout a bien été , retour relaxe a 120 sul cruise sur la 125 , un char en avant roule 100 juste apres St-Esprit , je décide de peser sua pedale pour le dépasser, quand j'arrive dans la voie de gauche , un tbnk de gros raton laveur .....
Je confesse que du sang de raton sur un char blanc ça tache et pas juste un peu !

Je confesse que j’ai utiliser carpro innerscrub glove avec inside de carpro pour laver mon intérieur pour la première fois vraiment génial suis vendu carpro lol

Je confesse que j'ai fais remonter ma voiture sur les springs oem et wow. Je me rappelai pas comment la ride OEM était nice et confortable, je vieilli j'imagine! Faut dire que mes springs EMD avait ramolli au boute, la ride était devenue exécrable..

tabarnak les douanes on perdu la tete.

commandé des head bolt avec 2 gasket sur partsouq.com. 99$ us.

Les sacrament ils veulent 311$ de frais de dédouanage.

Peux tu croire que jva devoir refuser le colis pi me faire rembourser.

tabarnak les douanes on perdu la tete.

commandé des head bolt avec 2 gasket sur partsouq.com. 99$ us.

Les sacrament ils veulent 311$ de frais de dédouanage.

Peux tu croire que jva devoir refuser le colis pi me faire rembourser.
Let me see if I can help. Please show me the B4 or B15.

If 99$ usd the full price including shipping? If shipping directly to Canada the shipping rate is also taxable.

Let"s say $99 usd is the total price you should only pay duty then gst and pst. Duty will depend on where the item is made but if it's not NAFTA you are looking at about $35 cad in duties and taxes for a $140cad order of car parts. If the items qualify for NAFTA were talking about $23 in taxes.

What I assume is happening here is that you let DHL clear the package for you and they are charging you fees like $75 to use their brokers, $25 to advance the payment on your behalf, service fees, doc fees, us dollar fees etc. Those fees are 100% profit for DHL and have nothing to do with your duties and taxes.

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Its the receipt from CBSA, if you are paying taxes you will get one. Call DHL, ask them to see it they should send you a copy. We will be able to see the breakdown of what you are actually paying. If it's their stupid fees tell them you want to self clear the package, it might be too late but worth a shot to avoid their outragious fees.

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Tout le monde dit toujours que UPS est cherrant lors de dédouanage....jusqu'au moment ou tu fait affaire avec DHL...LOL!

Back