The 2014 Spotted Thread

Spotted this beautiful bmw 2002 parked at super c on marcel laurin and just had to go and get a closer look
4esyryge.jpg

je5epy2a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Gang d incultes..

Il a demandé d ou provenait les tails lights sur la Lotus Esprit...

Lol

Shame on you

lire le gars qu a édité aileron pour tailights.

:p

Je connais fuck all au vieilles Toyota... Je me suis trompé de modèle. My bad.

Lol for those who didnt already realise..a lotus is pretty much a toyota on a custom shell..they even use toyota engines...

Lol for those who didnt already realise..a lotus is pretty much a toyota on a custom shell..they even use toyota engines...

Whoah whoah...let's not go crazy. Current/future Lotus models (and of course the S2 Elise) use Toyota engines but I don't believe they use much else aside from that.

As for the older Esprits, I'm pretty sure the tail lights were the only Toyota part. Engine was definitely not from Toyota. Lots of parts from other manufacturers though;

As with many of their cars, Lotus used parts from other cars to cut down development costs. Esprits before 1993 have many British Leyland parts and after 1993 have many GM (Vauxhall, Opel) parts. G Esprits have Citroën gearboxes as found in the Citroën SM and Maserati Merak, while S Esprits have Renault UN1 gearboxes, with the exception of the North American Esprit Turbo which retained the Citroen gearbox for 1988 only.[41] The door handles come from Morris Marina / Austin Allegro and were kept until the S4 model in 1994 when instead GM Calibra door handles were used. Early models used a Momo steering wheel, later ones had the same as the Pontiac Trans Am. S1 Esprits have Fiat X1/9 rear light units. Until 2002 it had rectangular Toyota rear lights from the 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno and RWD Toyota Corolla coupe, later replaced with the same round light as the Lotus Elise II. Headlight lift motors came from the Pontiac Fiero. The aerial mount and whip on the S4 and V8 is the same as the GM Calibra and Tigra. The side mirrors are from the Citroën CX. Non SE foglamps from about 1989 are GM Astra MK1. The fan motors come from the Ford Fiesta MK2. The alternator on the V8 models is a standard GM unit also found in the V6 Opel Omega B and the earlier Lotus Carlton/Omega which also provides many of the interior plastic fittings such as door handles and steering column. The clutch slave cylinder on the 98 onwards models is the same as a series 2A Land Rover from Girling as is the master cylinder.[42] The front suspension of the S1 and S2 came from the Opel Ascona. Front GT3 Brake Pads (Brembo) are the same as on a Fiat Coupe turbo or a Peugeot 406 3.0 V6. The Fuel Pump of SE is salvaged from Renault Fuego cars.

Whoah whoah...let's not go crazy. Current/future Lotus models (and of course the S2 Elise) use Toyota engines but I don't believe they use much else aside from that.

Well thats what i said.. a toyota engine in a custom shell..

Anyways spotted this on my way back from work..found it pretty funny with all the sink holes and shitty roads we have
yme7y4et.jpg

I don't particularly like this car in general, but this one is so mean looking and I had to take a picture.
yzujegyj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back