Post your watch collection

Maybe when i get older I'll understand all the fuzz around watches, for now I think it's just nice to wear one, just like a nice necklace or dope sneakers.

Sent From My Xperia SP Using Tapatalk

Know what you're getting into. Servicing on a watch can cost more than on a car. You need to really like it...

And I dont think it's an age thing. I started when I was 22.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Sold this one to metho weeks ago get your facts straight

I have a 03 tiburon with black leather (sold too, delivering it tuesday) go see my posts

Know what you're getting into. Servicing on a watch can cost more than on a car. You need to really like it...

And I dont think it's an age thing. I started when I was 22.

Wait what "servicing"? Just realised im really a noob whem it comes to watches lol

Wait what "servicing"? Just realised im really a noob whem it comes to watches lol

Anything with moving mechanical parts needs to be serviced. Watches just tend to be a touch more complicated to do.

Got rid of this one a few weeks ago.

20130923_183957-1_zpsbc849aa8.jpg

Im sorry what

30k?????

You know the amount of things i would do and buy with that much ahah

But... Are they investments or the value drops as it gets older?

Yes I know you would buy a few cars, skis, a few hundreds of chinese watches and a life long supply of jeans..

Expensive watches slightly drop price in the few years after you buy them then they start gaining value with age and condition (has to be immaculate).
In other words it is an investment.

If you buy the right models...and get a good price on them, they're worth it. I dont know any rolex or pam owners that regret their purchases....

SS rolex's(for example) haven't really lost any value over a 5-7 year life span. For instance in us dollars in 2006 a rolex submariner no date was 3800$. With a bit of bargaining im sure 3500$ was possible. That same watch on ebay (for reference) is sold for about 5000$. You can get one for mid 4K or at a used dealer for mid 5k. Timeless watches downtown had one for 5995+tx. Every 7 years or so the watch needs about 1000$ for maintenance and change of parts. So even if you break even, you'll be wearing a Rolex for free.

Watch insurance is very expense. They wanted 1k a year to insure a 7k breitling... So basically wanted 5k a year for my collection. Cheaper to have them sit in a safety deposite box at the bank!

Back