Official UFC Thread

^^not at all (see Anderson Silva). 32-35 is prime for a lot of fighters.

anyone else think the commentating from SF sucks dick?

unfortunately.

he was #1 in the pride days. his management also suck and played a big part in his demise.

silva hasn't been at it as long and hasn't had as many battles against much bigger guys

wow, i just watched the fight,
fuck it makes me sad to see fedor going down like that! :(
it just got purely dominated by the size.

but, he's getting old and like someone said above, i don't see the fire in his eyes anymore. i was watching the whole fight, and it didn't look like the fedor i was expecting to see.

nevertheless, i applaud for him, he had an amazing career, he's my fav fighter and a respectable one.

i heard he's retiring.

big thumb up for fedor :bigup:, GG.

silva hasn't been at it as long and hasn't had as many battles against much bigger guys

they both started fighting mma in 2000 and have had pretty much the same amount of fights.

you can argue fedor took more punishment in those years i guess. but it's not like his chin let him down on saturday.

just two different guys with different styles and skills and drives.

fedor was always a come from behind guy. but he hasn't really evolved over the years. that's the problem i think. he's also as small HW, but when he was pumped to fight it didn't matter. he was the giant slayer.

interesting take by werdum:

I can't stand strikeforce mostly because I hate their production. Commentary sucks, house announcer is horrible. The fighters are good, but overall I preffer UFC by far.

Shit I didn't know he'd get his title shot at 128.. thought he'd at least have a few months. Jones is probably the most atheletic, unorthadox fighter in the UFC right now.. 84 inch reach, long legs.. it's gonna be a great fight, cuz Rua's no slouch..

jones proved that collegiate champion wrestlers dont make champion mma fighters. its a whole other ballgame. when the possibility of getting punched in the face comes into play, things change.

jones proved that collegiate champion wrestlers dont make champion mma fighters. its a whole other ballgame. when the possibility of getting punched in the face comes into play, things change.

When and against who did he prove that?
As he was a collegiate champion wrestler, he currently is proving the opposite.

lol jon jones is about to have the whole hype train whipped from underneath him

if shogun is even 90% hes gonna get a beating of a life time

lol jon jones... hes gonna get a beating of a life time

I could agree with that, but a serious beating could make him much better than he is now on the long run. I'm not expecting him to win but this guy is the next GSP/Silva/Couture in terms of "greatness".

PS: dont hate on strikeforce as they are an ASSET to the MMA community.

zuffa zombies dont realize that this added competition will eventually get us even more free MMA.

I am VERY impressed by strikeforce and what they have accomplished in TWO years with ONLY 13 EMPLOYEEs.

lets just compare Strikeforce to UFC this year:

ufc 125
6 decisions out of 11 fights

ufc fight for the troops

ufc 126

more than a 50% ratio of decisions ( high pay causes managements of teams to use lay and pray tactics to eek out decision wins - UFC if it continues just might be a wrestling tournament in a few years )

strikeforce henderson vs babalu
3 total decisions out of 13 fights

strikeforce challengers 13
4 total decisions out of 17 fights

strikeforce diaz vs cyborg

fedor vs silva
1 decision out of 10 fights

anyways the case is simple. I agree that strikeforce NEEDS SOME help in terms of production but zuffa zombies need to realize that mauro ranallo is a very good commentator along with pat miletech. i agree gus johnson and frank shamrock could easily be out of the team and it would make for a very sound production

Strikeforce has some great fighters some y'all have never heard off and will soon be your favs :)

regardless they are doing a GOOD JOB for a company which is only 2 years old

lets not complain about free MMA please.

Why I think Rua will beat jones?

SIMPLE - experience and everyone who has fought jon jones are afraid by his HIGHLIGHT reel.

Shogun rua is the highlight reel creator so you will see why he adds another bone to his collection that night (in my opinion)

Shogun has KO power - Jon Jones cannot lay someone out with a punch he uses his speed and combination

IMO UFC has a wish and wanna follow through with him and trying to get some more african male demographics to check out the UFC wont be too bad

another silly comment.

just to name one, cain velasquez.

not sure if these guys were collegiate "champs" but they were definitely wrestling in college and were all MMA champs: Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Brock Lesnar, and Dan Henderson

Jones is winning over rua... jones is way faster..... and does crazy moves no one as done before..... rua is good, but not that good, he could win... with a lucky punch... but i think jones will be moving around him, and using is legs....

Go jones Go

Jones is winning over rua... jones is way faster..... and does crazy moves no one as done before..... rua is good, but not that good, he could win... with a lucky punch... but i think jones will be moving around him, and using is legs....

Go jones Go

At this point, its Jones who has a punchers chance, Shogun has the experience and tools and should be the one winning this fight...

^^Jones is the slight favorite according to the odds makers. personally i think this fight can go either way, I'm favoring Rua very slightly based on experience & aggressiveness. also we haven't seen Jones hit too much, Rua has a proven chin. very interesting and exciting match-up.

win or lose, this will be awesome for Jones.

Go jones Go

jones will not KO shogun rua with a punch lolz

sorry crazy moves no one has done will not help him with shogun but we shall see :)

When and against who did he prove that?
As he was a collegiate champion wrestler, he currently is proving the opposite.

bader is an ncaa div. 1 champion. in a wrestling match he probably beats jones, who is not nearly as decorated. many people thought that would be the deciding factor in bader winning. jones proved those people wrong. what don't you get?

PS: dont hate on strikeforce as they are an ASSET to the MMA community.

zuffa zombies dont realize that this added competition will eventually get us even more free MMA.

I am VERY impressed by strikeforce and what they have accomplished in TWO years with ONLY 13 EMPLOYEEs.

lets just compare Strikeforce to UFC this year:

ufc 125

ufc fight for the troops

ufc 126

more than a 50% ratio of decisions ( high pay causes managements of teams to use lay and pray tactics to eek out decision wins - UFC if it continues just might be a wrestling tournament in a few years )

strikeforce henderson vs babalu

strikeforce challengers 13
4 total decisions out of 17 fights

strikeforce diaz vs cyborg

fedor vs silva
1 decision out of 10 fights

anyways the case is simple. I agree that strikeforce NEEDS SOME help in terms of production but zuffa zombies need to realize that mauro ranallo is a very good commentator along with pat miletech. i agree gus johnson and frank shamrock could easily be out of the team and it would make for a very sound production

Strikeforce has some great fighters some y'all have never heard off and will soon be your favs :)

regardless they are doing a GOOD JOB for a company which is only 2 years old

lets not complain about free MMA please.

Why I think Rua will beat jones?

SIMPLE - experience and everyone who has fought jon jones are afraid by his HIGHLIGHT reel.

Shogun rua is the highlight reel creator so you will see why he adds another bone to his collection that night (in my opinion)

Shogun has KO power - Jon Jones cannot lay someone out with a punch he uses his speed and combination

IMO UFC has a wish and wanna follow through with him and trying to get some more african male demographics to check out the UFC wont be too bad

I didn't know strikeforce was ''free mma''. you do know that streaming is stealing right?

Back