Article: Pothole extravaganza post your pics

The last snowfall literally doubled the amount of potholes on the road.

How did our roads get this bad?????????
I actually feel bad driving my car...

It's really bad this year. Hell, even after the quake in Japan, their roads still looks better than MTL.

bp36.jpg

I gotta be honest, I've never seen so many potholes in my life.

Same here... I know Quebec is notorious for its potholes but this year has to be some kind of record. It's impossible to drive 10km without not only coming across a crater of a pothole but it's impossible even to just NOT hit one.

its even dangerous to walk! These potholes are deep. I need to sell my car, and buy a wrangler

Boulevard Pie-IX/Boulevard St-Joseph direction Nord. Ça m'a coûté 2 pneus. Ils étaient cachés sous l'eau quand il pleuvait beaucoup cette semaine. La 3e photo, ma botte touchait pas encore le fond...

imag0032.jpg

imag0029a.jpg

imag0030h.jpg

lets just say im glad i bought my jeep this year...and i still have to avoid a bunch.

btw:ville st pierre...just dont drive there...easily six inch deep potholes!!!

It's really bad this year. Hell, even after the quake in Japan, their roads still looks better than MTL.

bp36.jpg

LOL, I swear to God, this was the _EXACT_ thing that went thru my mind when I saw this picture on the news yesterday.
Looks like the road was intentionally engineered to split along the centerline in case of earthquake, instead of randomly cracking.
Look at how the pavement warped and bent without cracking. Now that's fuckin' quality work right there!
Can't say the same for our roads...

LOL, I swear to God, this was the _EXACT_ thing that went thru my mind when I saw this picture on the news yesterday.
Looks like the road was intentionally engineered to split along the centerline in case of earthquake, instead of randomly cracking.
Look at how the pavement warped and bent without cracking. Now that's fuckin' quality work right there!
Can't say the same for our roads...

x2. Wonder how they will fix it though lol.

Has anyone seen that cluster of craters just after the Henri-Bourassa exit on the service road heading west? I'm sure some of you have seen it... And I'm sure it claimed the lives of many suspensions components and wheels.

Tout le monde doivent connaitre ch Chambly sur la rive-sud...
Le monde passent tellement proche de se rentrer dedans en essayant d'éviter les potholes !

Le boul. Lafayette à l'entrée du terminus pour autobus : les bus à planchers bas vont tellement être décriss c'est épouvantable.

last night coming off the 40 onto the 13 my dad blew up a wheel, aswell as the THIRTEEN other cars on the side of the road with blown up tires/wheels.

I thought the south shore was bad.... but today i went around mtl-nord and ZOMG makes no sense at all. St-Michel and Pie 9 north of the 40 are just insane.

Also watch on delorimier north after sherbrooke there is a GIGANTIC pothole; people have to go around it and go in the inverse direction of traffic and this caused a huge traffic jam. It is simply pathetic. I'm serious, if a yaris gets in this pothole, it's not going out.

Got fed up of these roads, I took the highway instead and on 40E sortie Christophe C. BAM~. 2 Pictures taken at Jean Talon/24e.

SNC00452.jpg

SNC00451.jpg

on the service road road for the Metropolitain, the ramp that goes from the service road to Pie-IX south was a huge crator today. People were driving on the sidewalk and on the grass median in order to Avoid the huge crators. It wasn't a road anymore... I never saw a section of that road that bad in my life, It reminded me of a post a few months back about a couple who did a road trip thru Congo. Seriously.

Je sais pas s'il a été mentionné dans le thread mais si vous prenez le tunnel ville-marie direction est, la sortie st-laurent/berri, direction berri, il y a un immense cratère, faites attention!!!

Back