Search results

1. Sebdavid

Public Service Announcement

If you have not watched the 2014 Bathurst 1000 yet, find a way to do so. You'll thank me later. Yes, it is an 8-hour race this year. Took me a week but I'm glad I watched every minute of it.
  2. Sebdavid

Watkins Glen to be repaved in 2015

http://www.theglen.com/Articles/2014/11/11052014.aspx
  3. Sebdavid

Gars cherche série/char de course - Looking for a race series/car

Français plus bas! Some of you may know that I recently sold the 'vette. You will keep seeing it (minus the Octopus) since I sold it to a new track enthusiast who plans to use it for lapping. He washed it already, didn't recognize it. Sniff. The idea was to sell it to then get into...
  4. Sebdavid

Traction Circle Management

VERY good article on the subject in the latest NASA Speed News. P.44 in case the link doesn't work. http://www.derdizmedia.com/publication.aspx?pid=37&pkey=tdbmcbiev&pageid=44
  5. Sebdavid

FS: 2003 c5 z06 track car

FOR SALE 2003 Corvette Z06 (50th Anniversary) Torch Red Approx. 40K km on engine Approx. 65k km on chassis/transmission sebdavid at Hotmail dot com $25,000 DRIVETRAIN Blueprinted Lingenfelter LS6 block – new in 2011 Cold Air Intake FAST Intake AFR Heads Mild road racing cam Injectors New...
  6. Sebdavid

Corvette C5 Z06 2004 TRACK CAR

FOR SALE 2003 Corvette Z06 (50th Anniversary) Torch Red Approx. 40K km on engine Approx. 65k km on chassis/transmission sebdavid at Hotmail dot com $25,000 ENGINE Blueprinted Lingenfelter LS6 block – new in 2011 Cold Air Intake FAST Intake AFR Heads Mild road racing cam Injectors New valve...
  7. Sebdavid

Official driving technique thread

Since there are a lot of track junkies in here, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread about driving technique. I'd love to discuss the finer points of track driving as viewed by various people on here. I'll start with a nice link for today...
  8. Sebdavid

Aidez-moi à choisir une voiture!

ENGLISH BELOW Comme certains d'entre vous le savent, je passe environ la moitié de mon temps en Europe pour le travail. Comme je suis un addict certifié, et qu'ici les circuits et routes magnifiques sont innombrables, j'ai décidé de m'acheter une voiture le fun, pour utilisation circuit et...
  9. Sebdavid

Article dans La Presse

Peut-être que certains vont découvrir notre activité préférée grâce à cet article! J'ai laissé un commentaire au bas de l'article pour référer à l'ASE. J'en avais parlé au journaliste mais il a dû manquer de place...
  10. Sebdavid

Full-face, visor down

One more reason to run a full-face with the visor down while on track (my previous reason was gravel and especially chunks of tire entering the cockpit through open window). Some things are unavoidable. http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/06/18/corvette-z06-destroyed-after-hitting-a-deer-on-track/ I...
  11. Sebdavid

Watkins Glen...

...is unbelievable. Octopus Motorsports was there Monday/Tuesday with NASA NE: This is now my favorite North American track (still gotta give the nod to the Nordshleife). Let's run through the requirements for a good track: Long - CHECK (lap time between 2:10-2:30 depending on car/driver...
  12. Sebdavid

Official Mosport , er CTMP thread...

...hello Canadian Tire Motorsport Park! :cry: http://www.mosport.com/media-centre/news-a-archives/65-news/376-canadian-tire-partners-with-mosport
  13. Sebdavid

OFFICIAL- getting into the sport- but too lazy to read all the threads

SAFE is FAST new website OK, so I have hijacked the 1st post of this thread so I can make a point. In this thread you will find a lot of useful info and discussions aimed at noobs to the sport. PLEASE TAKE the time to read it all and then use the search function to find more answers. While...
  14. Sebdavid

Interesting post about wheels and tires

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2958431-wheel-and-tire-tech-notes.html Good primer.
  15. Sebdavid

Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow 235-65-17

$300 4 used Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow winter tires, size 235-65-17. Plenty of tread leaft, several winters of use remaining. 2 of them are in even better shape (almost new) than shown in pictures. They were on a BMW X5 3.0i and have between 5,000 and 10,000km on them. 4 pneus d'hiver...
  16. Sebdavid

Grand Prix of Mosport

I will be there on Sunday and instructing with BMWCCA on Monday and Tuesday, but for those that aren't so lucky, here's some info that might be useful: /// 2011 Mobil 1 Presents the Grand Prix of Mosport SATURDAY 07/21-24/11 Mosport Online schedule: http://espn.go.com/espn3/index Watch live...
  17. Sebdavid

Importing modified car from USA

Hey guys, As some of you know, I'm looking at C5 Z06 'vettes and most of the good ones are in the ol' US of A. The cars I want to buy have some of the following modifications, usually not much to worry me re: importing, but still: - Suspension - Oil coolers, Accusump, etc. - Racing bucket...
  18. Sebdavid

Onboard 911 on ex-F1 track

Thought the title would get your attention... you'll be disappointed, it's just me driving, the 911 is a lowly 996 Carrera (tires are 205 in front, 255 in back:yikes:), and the camera is hand held by a friend. The track IS awesome, though. Not my first time there, it's called "Circuit de...
  19. Sebdavid

For Sale: E36 M3, black

Yeah, so I'm selling the M3. Looking for something different (and faster). 1998 BMW M3, 189,000km (I'm responsible for 100,000 of those) Canadian/Quebec car, never crashed Stock except for short shifter, pulley kit, subframe and rear strut mounts reinforcements; new Hawk HP+ pads. As most of...
  20. Sebdavid

For Sale: E36 M3, black

Yeah, so I'm selling the M3. Looking for something different (and faster/more challenging). 1998 BMW M3, 189,000km (I'm responsible for 100,000 of those) Canadian/Quebec car, never crashed Stock except for short shifter, pulley kit, subframe and rear strut mounts reinforcements; new Hawk HP+...
Back