200km/h in a 50 zone: Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not totally against you. if my memory serves me right, the Autobahn (with just about no speed limit) is not nearly as dangerous as one would expect. Drivers out there are way better trained and arguably naturally gifted. Over here in North America, it's honestly so easy to get a license.

Higher volume of shitty drivers = more everyday traffic accidents. I think this is where the government should invest time/money.

Like previously stated, of COURSE that can all happen, but why increase the odds? even 00001% is that little bit more that someone tries to cut you off to do a fly-by that has absolutely NO use, NO reason, and NO merit.

Of course age has something to do with it, its experiance. how many members on here are used to driving at age 12 on city streets every day to better their reaction time, attention to detail, etc..

I DEFINATLY agree that lowering the speed limits can cause trouble, not only uprise in aggrivation to already being forced to go slow, but why the **** do you need to do 100 km/h in a 50 zone? its 50 because there are schools, there are mcdonald's that people turn into, there are the elderly that are allowed to still drive when they shouldnt, school children, bus stops, etc.. does this make NO sense to you? do you even drive? do you even know what I'm talking about?
this is montreal we're talking about, not the Yukon. The island is already over-crowded and there isnt any room to make passing lanes, turn lanes, etc. So we have an actual office and educated people making these laws of speed we need to adhere to from statistics. You think its easy to even program a set of traffic lights?

And I haven't modified any of the 140 cars i've owned, not one. The most I've done to one is put new windshield wipers on. I'm here to gain mechanical knowledge, give it to those who havent been in the field for as many years, tips and tricks, and mainly to sell and buy more cars. How this has ANYTHING to do with this discussion, i don't have a clue.

theres a millions things to botherwith before speeding, it's far from the biggest killer on the roads but it's the easiest to point at.

AGE has nothing to do with driving skills, some people have been driving for 40 years and still shouldn't be allowed to drive a golf cart. Yet some 18years old are winning world racing series...

I've been driving for the past 7 years (minus a year not technically driving) in montreal everyday and ever since I've been able to afford the cars that can do it, I've been doing well over 200km/h daily for sustended period of time and will keep on doing so. Unless you're driving a complete shitbox or are completly clueless about driving you're risk are pretty low. I've even been hit by someone driving 180 in a 50 zone head on and walked out of it. Stop beeing such an offended virgin.

And I highly doubt you'll gain much valuable mecanical knowledge on here. Go buy some books you'll get more for your money, but I don't see the point of sportscar or modified cars if you're driving the speedlimit, even a smart will break every single speed limit here...

ca se rend a 100kmh une prelude?
je suis surpris

oui sa se rend a 100 km/h une prelude..sa prend environ le meme temps a la prelude de se rendre as 100 km/h ,qua toi de te rendre compte que ton char est entrain de pogner en feu et crisser ton camp pour pas bruler avec:thefinger

I'm not totally against you. if my memory serves me right, the Autobahn (with just about no speed limit) is not nearly as dangerous as one would expect. Drivers out there are way better trained and arguably naturally gifted. Over here in North America, it's honestly so easy to get a license.

Higher volume of shitty drivers = more everyday traffic accidents. I think this is where the government should invest time/money.

Then we both agree, our driver training is a joke and everyone should have to pass advanced driving and car control classes before being allowed to drive.

Cops keep talking about how safe they are because of all the great training they get.....why doesn't everyone get that training? Our roads would be much safer.

ca se rend a 100kmh une prelude?
je suis surpris

2.2L 195hp (Prelude1992)

2.0L 105hp (Jetta 2009)

17 years and no improvement not even a wheel stud on the hubs!

^^Back to topic

These two guys should have to pass their driving tests again to be able to drive.

VwAlex, ce que tu sembles oublier est que plus que les gens vont rouler en fou, plus que le gouvernement va nous taper dessus. L'entrée en vigueur des GEV, c'est surement pas à cause que tout le monde conduisant bien. Tu sembles être fier de rouler à 200km/h dans une zone de 50 mais quand tu vas te faire prendre, veut-veut pas, ça va te faire réfléchir.

Les bons automobilistes paient toujours pour les délinquants, ne l'oublie jamais.

Then we both agree, our driver training is a joke and everyone should have to pass advanced driving and car control classes before being allowed to drive.

Cops keep talking about how safe they are because of all the great training they get.....why doesn't everyone get that training? Our roads would be much safer.

I've lost count at the number of Police cars I've seen do the following:
1) Turn on sirens just to get through traffic/red light
2) Use reserve lane on the highway
3) Talk/text on the phone while driving
4) Roll through stop signs
5) Speed while patrolling

I guess me and you also agree that a lot of cops are totally crooked.

2.2L 195hp (Prelude1992)

2.0L 105hp (Jetta 2009)

17 years and no improvement not even a wheel stud on the hubs!

^^Back to topic

These two guys should have to pass their driving tests again to be able to drive.

:bigup:

vas voir mon post plus haut HAHA

pas de panique je voulais dire 200kmh et non 100kmh o_O
j'ai faite une faute de frappe

et effectivement... je cours plus vite que mon char... cé pas une joke
si j'ai l'air climatisée un vieux monsieur en marchette me depasse sur l'acceleration
et non je me rend pas a 200kmh
j'ai toppé a 175kmh... le vent dans le dos en draft derriere une Ford GT

I sense much hypocrisy in this thread.

The same people saying how reckless this is and how they should be punished more severely probably are the same people racing down highways at 200+ nightly.

To me it all comes back to not having a place to do it. You think in Germany people max their cars and race on 50km/h streets? No beacuse they just go to the 'Bahn and do it.

Here, speed limits on the highways are so low and are so patrolled, people rip it on side-streets where there's less chance of being caught, instead of doing it where it's much much much safer (the highway)

full rep to logic he is right speeders are looked at as bad ppl yet rapist and child molesters get away with it all the time or a slap on the wrist why should the guy speeding be put down in life just like the ****ing sicko's who rape and molest ! kids and grown women and men its disgusting its like drivers have no rights anymore and rapist are good ppl with small problems ! tell me cause their was a situation like this in my city one man molested 8 kids the first time and got some ridiculous sentence like 3 days in jail woopie! and belive it or not did it to another 11 kids and did two weeks for that ! so lets look up the tally 19 kids 17 days in jail ill tell you some one ever touches my girl friend or my kids they got bigger worries then a few days in jail ! these kids do deserve the harshest punishments if this did kill some one but it was 100% harmless and they deserve a punishment !but not what their about to get ! weather you like it or not what really ticks you off when your driving the guy who goes a little faster or the guy doing 30 below the limit? i know in my case i hate ppl who go slow seriously speeding is not street racing ! speeders dont get you to work 10 minutes late !

AGE has nothing to do with driving skills, some people have been driving for 40 years and still shouldn't be allowed to drive a golf cart. Yet some 18years old are winning world racing series...

No, but experience does. Chances are at 40, you'll probably have more experience than at 18.

If two kids were to do 200 clicks in my residential area, I would make sure to impale them with their own exhaust... Sometimes I wish I had an RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) as Darwin's law doesn't seem to work all the time.

As for the cop's comment. Sure they came straight from his ass. No discussion.

If two kids were to do 200 clicks in my residential area, I would make sure to impale them with their own exhaust... Sometimes I wish I had an RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) as Darwin's law doesn't seem to work all the time.

As for the cop's comment. Sure they came straight from his ass. No discussion.

Yeah seriously, if I saw that on my street... I'd opt for the JDAM

Everything has its time and place, 200 on a resi is not one of them

Logik and Epic are 100% right. Cops are getting away with too much bullshit wether it's breaking there own laws or shooting facts out their ass.

On another note, I completely disagree with VWAlex. Modding your car shouldn't make you think you could do 200 km even if your car is capable. The track is for excessive speeding, not residential or 50 areas.

In the end, Speed doesn't kill. Stupidity does. In this case, it was stupid do be going 200 km/h in a 50. Although I agree with Logik on almost everything, it's not acceptable to be doing this speed in a 50. I have yet to see a 50 zone that could safely contain a 200 km driver. If it was a 70 and it was late/early morning I would accept it. The kids are obviously in the wrong but there life shouldn't be taken away because of it and a police officer should never have titled the kids as guilty before proven so.

80% if not everyone on this board has done 150 km/h and over when they shouldn't have but you shouldn't be jailed, forced to pay a fine and never be allowed to drive again. Comon...now. The government should stop spending our money pointlessly and should INFORCE driving courses (not the stupid ones offered today. I know that the brakes are on the left and the gas is on the right, idiot).

Take a look around you. Kids are being pulled over for tinted windows, exhausts, wheel size, suspension, lights even before pulling out of their driveway. This is far passed excessive...

For people in the WI L'Anse a L'Orme is a 50 zone and it's really easy to hit 200+ down that street. It's through a forest and there are no other roads that intersect it, except at the 2 ends. It's a good example of a 50 that could support faster speeds.

Just so you guys know, this happened on a boulevard almost the size of tashereau but in a straight line. It's not some tiny side street.

you're right, they should, but if they do then the woman doing 50 in the left hand lane of the 20 last night withhalf her rear lights burnt out should also have to take her test again.

When I worked as a valet, I was outside all night and every night, depending where I was working, I'd see cops roll through stop signs or turn their lights on just to burn a red.

To me it all comes back to not having a place to do it. You think in Germany people max their cars and race on 50km/h streets? No beacuse they just go to the 'Bahn and do it.

Here, speed limits on the highways are so low and are so patrolled, people rip it on side-streets where there's less chance of being caught, instead of doing it where it's much much much safer (the highway)

Right on the money.

Case in point: I was in Morin Heights last weekend driving on these tight mountain roads, 1 lane each way. The limit was 90.

I get to Montreal, on the 720, big 4 lane wide highway and 70 limit. lol WTF?

Reactions: EV
They say that the guy stopped at a red light because he had no idea the cops were chasing him, that means the cop, who was in a phantom car, didn't have her lights on until she was near him, which means she probably got up to 150km/h with her lights off chasing after him. Wow, that's so safe. God I hate traffic cops...

I'm sorry, but you obviously have no experience/knowledge about this kind of situation...

If the traffic/situation allows it, the best way to catch a driver that's going very fast is to catch up to him BEFORE he actually notices you. This may allow you to get closer to him, maybe get his plates, or to be close enough so he'll stop instead of try to get away or do something stupid.

"a lot of cops".. where are you pulling this from? I admit there's most likely some corrupted/stupid/lazy/whatever police officers, though.

But all 5 things you listed can be part of a cop's work, not just for fun, as you seem to think.

First, if they're going on a call, not in a hurry, but they need to get there quick enough, they won't wait at a light/stop sign, so they'll turn on the lights and go through. The same goes for reserve lanes. They can use them to get somewhere faster.

Emergency vehicle drivers are ALLOWED to use cell phones.

And of course they'll be seen speeding. YES, I KNOW some cops probably do this just for the heck of it. But sometimes, you don't want to turn on your lights to drive somewhere, especially in traffic, 'cuz then people go left and right and cause cahos. You just go a lil faster to get to your call quicker, without causing too much trouble for the traffic around you.

I really don't get why people hate on cops so much.. Most are trying to do their job the very best they can!

Last edited:
i didnt follow this entire thread, but for speed limits i was thinking today, why dont they have people driving around in inexpensive low powered cars(09 models)and re-evaluate speed limits depending on how the cars handle. im driving my kia trying to get home from the 132 and the exit to go onto taschereau is 50 kmh and i can easily safely drive there at 80... these speed limits are 2 much for the cars we have, my honest opinion. maybe the highways should be at 140 max as well.

VwAlex, ce que tu sembles oublier est que plus que les gens vont rouler en fou, plus que le gouvernement va nous taper dessus. L'entrée en vigueur des GEV, c'est surement pas à cause que tout le monde conduisant bien. Tu sembles être fier de rouler à 200km/h dans une zone de 50 mais quand tu vas te faire prendre, veut-veut pas, ça va te faire réfléchir.

Les bons automobilistes paient toujours pour les délinquants, ne l'oublie jamais.

Parfaitement au courant, je roule vite, des fois il me pogne, je paye ou je paye l'avocat, je viens pas brailler et je continue de rouler. Je suis pas fier de rouler 200, mais c'est loin d'etre impressionnant ou ce que je considererais haute vitesse.

No, but experience does. Chances are at 40, you'll probably have more experience than at 18.

Reread and think for 2 secondes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back