Road Test: 2011 M56 and BMW 550I comparison

C'est drole le monde qui disent qu'une Infiniti c'est une Nissan, mais y disent pas qu'une Audi c'est une Volks.....

I saw a 550i on the road today (the new one) and you can say the M56 looks good, and it might, I am not here to argue, but that Bimmer just looks amazingly hot.

G-Bus, If you listen and read the review they say that the finishing and interior of the m56 is better yes BETTER than the 550I so your argument well it doesn't hold up. Second as g-ng stated a g35 and m56 are not even close to comparison I sat in an m45 and the interior finishing is just fantastic and you can actually see why the car is that price cause you feel like they spent that much on the inside. now as for the exterior styling they're pretty much a toss up I find that the 550i styling is not very different from the rest of the bmw lineup except the 1 and lower 3 series models and the m56 looks much more aggressive especially with that fx35 style grill in front just makes it look like a beast.

The comment about crappy inifnity engiens I would have to disagree vq35 is a beast thats why the gtr's engine is based off of it and so far I havent heard anything bad about infiniti engines vk56 which is in the m56, qx56 titan can easily get up to 715hp 550ft/lbs torque so i dont see how you can argue infini engines are crap.

logik your right and the worst thing is audi and volks arent very reliable either anymore id even venture to say volks are probably more reliable than the audis since they have less electronics.
And i forgot to add m56 is available in 4wd m56x which is a bonus

C'est drole le monde qui disent qu'une Infiniti c'est une Nissan, mais y disent pas qu'une Audi c'est une Volks.....

Peut-être parce que Infiniti à été créé pour vendre des voitures Nissan de luxe à travers le monde. (comme Acura pour Honda)

Audi est une vrai compagnie. (chaque cercle représente une des compagnie qui se sont unie pour faire des voitures)

Peut-être parce que Infiniti à été créé pour vendre des voitures Nissan de luxe à travers le monde. (comme Acura pour Honda)

Audi est une vrai compagnie. (chaque cercle représente une des compagnie qui se sont unie pour faire des voitures)

Ben ouais, pis la A8 est pas basé sur la Phaeton pis la A4 est pas basé sur la Passat pis le Q7 est pas basé sur le Touareg....:rolleyes:

En passant, Acura, Lexus et Infiniti on été exporté dans le reste du monde.

And the M56S has a SICK interior. The BMW interior pales in comparison.

Are you serious???

11_m56_int.jpg

2011-BMW-5-Series-Interior.jpg

Are we looking at the same pictures? Because those pictures only prove my point that the M56 has a nicer interior. lol

The M interior looks like a high class automotive interior. The 5 interior looks like an amalgamation of cheap plastics.

Just look at the piece of plastic that goes over the driver's knees, under the steering column and the steering wheel itself and that nasty shifter. The M has leather on the top of the dash and cockpit look it it. It's beautiful!

The M interior looks like a high class automotive interior. The 5 interior looks like an amalgamation of cheap plastics.

Just look at the piece of plastic that goes over the driver's knees, under the steering column and the steering wheel itself and that nasty shifter. The M has leather on the top of the dash and cockpit look it it. It's beautiful!

High class automotive?? LOL this NISSAN FUGA shares its platform with a minivan.

You say its cheap, but if you touch it, it has a nice smooth feel that it even pushes in if you push in hard...

Anyway, I still stand behind what I'm saying. The VQ35 is a piece of shit, oil drinking and gas guzzling engine. Yes it makes great power but can go to shit very fast and 3/4 of G35s on the road have had their engine replaced. Just here on the form you'll see how many guys with G35s don't have the original engine in.

My Car wasn't a Lemon, never game me a check engine, but drank 1 quart of oil every 1000 kms and Infiniti told me it was normal, car had 60,000 KMs, almost brand new... Also, the interior... I had the face lifted interior in my G35 and the plastics used were CRAPPY! Everything craked, a lot of rattles etc.... Car was a 2006 with 60,000 Km, that never came out in winter.

My BMW has 75,000kms, bought it at 60,000 KMs. Does not have ONE rattle, never had a check engine light, feels twice as powerful as the G35 even tough both are rated at the same HP.

And also about the VW/Audi thing.... The only reason I'm saying Nissan product if because of how cheap their metals are.

Besides, Logik, the only models that share a platform are the ones you stated. VW Phaeton is based on the A8 and not the other way around. Same thing goes for the A4. Only ONE model of Passat was based on the A4, the new current model aka Passat CC is not based on any Audi chassis. And well, the Touareg platform is pretty decent, even Porsche uses it...

I will admit, I haven't driven the M56, but I have sat in the M model in the demo rooms at Infiniti when I serviced mine and yes, they are nice, but I prefer the BMW.

Why?! More ergonomic, buttons have a nice feel to them when you click them. Screen on the BMW is a lot clearer, higher resolution and bigger. Quality of materials on picture you might look at them and they would look cheap but if you sit in the actual car and touch them, It's totally different.

So again, it all comes down to choice, taste and past history with the brand. Unfortunately, Infiniti ruined it for me...

And I dunno who said Audis weren't reliable..... I've had 3, none of them ever let me down, I only put in oil changes, brakes and mods. Same goes for 4 of my friends who also drive Audis...... If you buy one with a clean history of maintenance, they are pretty trouble free... 2004 and up.... Anyway, think wtvr you want, go buy an Acura or a Infiniti, it'll give me more choice on my next cars...

Reactions: MTV
umad that a Nissan Fuga that shares it's platform with a minivan is more fun to drive and has a nicer interior then a 5 series? :p

Dont waste your time arguing with the biggest euro fanboy this board has...
I've never saw him write something positive about any non-euro car makers.

Well my uncle had a Q45 and then a G35 coupe and loved both. I've ridden in both and never heard 1 rattle. I've been in EpicV's G35 sedan had I loved the interior and never heard a rattle.

Maybe the VQ has reliability problems, but it was still voted as one of the best engines in the world.

I'll admit, I'd get a 335i sedan or S4 over a G sedan, but that doesn't mean the G sedan is crap. And it's much cheaper when new. I'd love a G37 M6! Beautiful, in and out and powerful.

I'd get an M56 over the 550i. Sure, you look richer with a 550, I mean an M56 Sport is like 85,000$ and people won't think it costs that much, but it's more powerful, lighter and the interior is nicer. (I prefer the exterior on the 550 though.)

Dont waste your time arguing with the biggest euro fanboy this board has...
I've never saw him write something positive about any non-euro car makers.

I know, and the worst part is, he drives the worst Euro. :p

Well my uncle had a Q45 and then a G35 coupe and loved both. I've ridden in both and never heard 1 rattle. I've been in EpicV's G35 sedan had I loved the interior and never heard a rattle.

Maybe the VQ has reliability problems, but it was still voted as one of the best engines in the world.

I'll admit, I'd get a 335i sedan or S4 over a G sedan, but that doesn't mean the G sedan is crap. And it's much cheaper when new. I'd love a G37 M6! Beautiful, in and out and powerful.

I'd get an M56 over the 550i. Sure, you look richer with a 550, I mean an M56 Sport is like 85,000$ and people won't think it costs that much, but it's more powerful, lighter and the interior is nicer. (I prefer the exterior on the 550 though.)

I know, and the worst part is, he drives the worst Euro. :p

Well, when it's not your car, you don't hear the same rattles and don't have the same ears, as if it was your own car, and you know that. I know I sound like they are the worse pieces of shit, which they aren't. And especially the new G have definitely stepped up their game interior wise, but still use the same buttons that a Nissan Versa has, such as heating seats, traction control buttons etc...

I just think that they might need another generation to get on par with the competition, but they are definitely on the road there and they do have impressive engines, WHEN they work and don't drink oil.

And to this day, I haven't driven anything that felt as well put together as the S4. The gaps in between dash parts, the feel of the buttons, the finish of the plastics and even the door sills are pretty. No random holes or bolts, everything is hidden etc...... The 335 is close to it, but I guess the M3 would be there if not better.

The 335 and M3 have the same interior and buttons. :dunno: lol

Anyways, of course an S4 has a nicer interior then a G37, an S4 Premium is like 57,000$ and a G37 M6 is 46,000$!!

The 335 and M3 have the same interior and buttons. :dunno: lol

Anyways, of course an S4 has a nicer interior then a G37, an S4 Premium is like 57,000$ and a G37 M6 is 46,000$!!

I was talking about build quality. For some random reason, my S4 felt like it was better put together than the A4s........ Maybe it's in the head.... LOL

Back