Road Test: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe with Video

maybe with its engine boosted up to 350hp it might be closer to my 275hp on the quarter mile... lol. If I wanted a car of that category I'd go for the Mustang which backs its power numbers with actual performance! I must admit it's got looks, but come on: looks don't make a car! They've gotten much better since the Poney but IMO there's much better options out there.

If I wanted a FWD torque steering shit box I'd buy a GTI and tune it.

Where else can you find a better option than the 2.0T R-Spec? This is now the model to buy, forget the 3.8.

28k for 275/275 with lots of room for additional power (will easily reach 300whp with BPUs), Brembos, LSD, 19s and upgraded interior?

Your shitbox sells for 32k new, and it's a rattle trap, oups, I meant ugly hatchback.

That front end will need aftermarket massaging, I'm glad I sold my 3.8 but I'm happy to see Hyundai stepping up and improving their model unlike say...Mazda, or VW, or Nissan, or Infiniti.

This car is no competition to germans or even infiniti
This car is a nice piece of plastic very badly built and uncomfortable to drive due to it's proportions.
This car is one of the biggest market's flop of the past 3/4 years, even though this car was a lot advertised and primed.
This car has one of the poorest resale value on the market due to my argument above.
To finish, if Hyundai pulled out all those big numbers it's because the cost incurred for its production and R&D has still not been amortized.

^^LOL.

A shit load of opinions there, trying to justify your A3 "S-line" ?

No opinions, just a shit load of stated facts.
And i am not trying to justify anything, i've not talked about or compared my car to the genesis, if only i could...
This car was so well designed by hyundai's engineer that most of the reviewers didn't knew against wich car to compare it... lol

No opinions, just a shit load of stated facts.
And i am not trying to justify anything, i've not talked about or compared my car to the genesis, if only i could...
This car was so well designed by hyundai's engineer that most of the reviewers didn't knew against wich car to compare it... lol

A bunch of opinions again. What do comparison reviews have to do with Hyundai's engineering prowess or lack thereof in your initial thesis?

Explain me that Einstein...

I tried a 2012 2.0T Monday with a friend that was leasing one. It was weak sauce, no kick, the Stability Control was a pain when on and the interior was okay.
I'd definitely not rate it a sports car, more of a sporty car.

I didn't try the V6 version though.

I tried a 2012 2.0T Monday with a friend that was leasing one. It was weak sauce, no kick, the Stability Control was a pain when on and the interior was okay.
I'd definitely not rate it a sports car, more of a sporty car.

I didn't try the V6 version though.

Sums up what I think of mine too.

With the ECU reflash I bumb the torque from 180wtq to 260wtq @ 2200rpm. In urban driving, it's a whole other ballpark. The new 2013 2.0t will come with these torque figure, stock, with, to top it off, HPs that don't fall flat on their face past 4000rpm like the old generation.

Sums up what I think of mine too.

With the ECU reflash I bumb the torque from 180wtq to 260wtq @ 2200rpm. In urban driving, it's a whole other ballpark. The new 2013 2.0t will come with these torque figure, stock, with, to top it off, HPs that don't fall flat on their face past 4000rpm like the old generation.

I agree 100%, he is leasing though, so I doubt he'd mod anything. He got an insurance quote at 100 a month. That's 481 bucks/month, insurance in for a 2012 genesis 2.0T.

Back