40% of New Genesis sales are from luxury car owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
The genesis offers ALL the options and luxury others have, for 30% less.

People are no longer buying brand names with astronomically inflated prices. They are looking for their money's worth.

Exactly what the Genesis is offering right now.

Someone I know was looking at an Acura RL, and finally opted for the Genesis V8tech, simply because it offered MORE comfort and options, for a LOT less money.

Between a 72 000$ RL and a 51 000$ Genesis, with the SAME OPTIONS... why bother paying 20 grand more.

And on top of that, the Genesis has more power; 305 for the RL and 375 for the Genesis.

Hyundai has my vote on this one.

true that, but even when you crunch the numbers it's still a hyundai. Some people just really wanna be able to say they have a mercedes or lexus

valeur a long term! aujourd'hui 50k
dans 5 ans 5k
C'est même pas un bon argument! (first ya aucune donnée la dessus pour l'instant).

Ont parle pas d'un Accent ... la valeur de revente des Hyundai haut de gamme (Azera, Sonata, Sante Fe) est pas mauvaise.

Je suis d'accord que le ratio de la valeur vas être plus basse que celle d'un modèle de Lexus, Infinity ou Acura, mais le prix de départ est beaucoup plus bas aussi.

Ça fait pas de la Genesis ou de la Coupe un mauvais char pour autant!!!

its a great car and competes extremely well when you look at the numbers and options on paper, but realistically there is a noticable difference...im not saying its out of league but when comparing fit and finish against high-end competitors, you an see the difference...of course the price justifies all of that

badges do sell and "its still a hyundai" thing isnt going to change if they keep badging a car within the SAME brand selling at $9 999 (accent) when the genesis is compared to bmw, mercedes, lexus..

its a great car and competes extremely well when you look at the numbers and options on paper, but realistically there is a noticable difference...im not saying its out of league but when comparing fit and finish against high-end competitors, you an see the difference...of course the price justifies all of that

badges do sell and "its still a hyundai" thing isnt going to change if they keep badging a car within the SAME brand selling at $9 999 (accent) when the genesis is compared to bmw, mercedes, lexus..

I agree with you on this one. Hyundais are throw away cars. Don't believe everything you read about how bmw / porsche / mercedes people are trading in their cars for a genesis. This is pure propaganda. I don't think any luxury car owner would want to be seen in a hyundai.

When leasing, they look at residual values. Even though genesis is priced less, it'll depreciate much more than top brands, making it not really attractive to lease.

lol aux imbéciles qui disent que ca reste une hyundai!! c'est vrai que c'est facile de critiquer sans l'avoir essayer!! *byewhore*

cette bagnole la vaut tellement son prix!

pour ceux qui chiale contre, allez la voir au dealer le plus près de chez vous, essayez la, vous viendrez chialer après!

anyway, la plupart de ceux qui chiale pourrait même pas se la payer lol!

ta tout dit jpense! *tu*

sa la tellement changer hyundai..cé pu le meme constructeur des année 80-90
un excellent produit de qualité pour le prix demander

Someone I know was looking at an Acura RL, and finally opted for the Genesis V8tech, simply because it offered MORE comfort and options, for a LOT less money.

The RL has SH-AWD though, which is awesome. But still, it doesn't really explain the price different. Plus the new RL looks like crap. :p

The Genesis is a great car. Hyundai's resale value will get better with time, and once it reaches a good level, then Hyundai will truly have made a looooong way.

Poorer and poorer ?

Or smarter and smarter ?

The owner of the Mercedes or what ever luxury car, is gonna keep the car what ? 3 to 5 years max ?

The car is gonna be guaranteed for that term what does he care about reliability.

Genesis was made to compete against these cars...

These are BASE prices btw...(compared to the ALL equipped version of Genesis)

Mercedes-Benz E-Class $65,800

BMW 5 Series $ 56,200

Infiniti M35x $53,700

Lexus GS $51,200

Acura RL $63,900

Audi A6 $59,900

Hyundai Genesis... with EVERY option / accessory (from a Rear cargo net to a work glove and key chain) Fully loaded with the V8 and all ... 51,310.00

Personally.. If i want to be pimping and driving around in a comfortable vehicle, the choice is clear to me. Hyundai wants to prove that they got what it takes to be in the luxury department, they won't go wrong I'm sure.

I really don't think smarter & smarter, I just think people have less $$$ to spend. I would still take a CPO BMW 5 Series over a Genesis. Nothing comes close to the balance of the 5 Series. Even if you debadge the Hyundai, as soon as you step in it you know you're in a Korean car. And I have a serious problem with buying a $51K car when it's parked beside a $10K car. Same shit as VW did with the Phaeton, over $100K car parked beside a $15K Golf.

Do you also know that people that downgrade from Audi, Merc, BMW, Lexus expect the same level of service. When you service your Audi, BMW, they give you an Audi A4/A6 or BMW 3-Series, are you going to get an Accent when you service your Genesis? Here comes the CEO/President/Sales Rep in an Accent.

To me, it really means people have less $$$.

to me, the Coupe still looks like an oversized Tiburon with big wheels... but maybe this slow motion commercial will help their sales too :p

I really don't think smarter & smarter, I just think people have less $$$ to spend. I would still take a CPO BMW 5 Series over a Genesis. Nothing comes close to the balance of the 5 Series. Even if you debadge the Hyundai, as soon as you step in it you know you're in a Korean car. And I have a serious problem with buying a $51K car when it's parked beside a $10K car. Same shit as VW did with the Phaeton, over $100K car parked beside a $15K Golf.

Do you also know that people that downgrade from Audi, Merc, BMW, Lexus expect the same level of service. When you service your Audi, BMW, they give you an Audi A4/A6 or BMW 3-Series, are you going to get an Accent when you service your Genesis? Here comes the CEO/President/Sales Rep in an Accent.

To me, it really means people have less $$$.

I have to agree with that... I really thought Hyundai was going to launch a new brand called Genesis to sell the high end cars.. Similar to what Lexus is to Toyota. Hyundai selling such a car under the house name means they aren't scared to take on competitors.

Although the fit and finish is on par with an S/5er/7er etc class it still doesn't have that "feel". The feel I can't describe in words but go sit in a German luxo barge. However you can compare it to a Japanese luxo barge, it's on par with that.

As for service I know for a fact that dealers are keeping Azeras on hand for loaner cars for Genesis owners.

However you must hand it to Hyundai, they really did produce and exceptional car for an exceptional price.

I'm with you on this one. Rule of thumb: You always get what you pay for. If its 20k under the competition with the same performances, you got to cut somewhere to offer that low pricing. Somewhere such as, oh I don't know, quality materials?

I'm with you on this one. Rule of thumb: You always get what you pay for. If its 20k under the competition with the same performances, you got to cut somewhere to offer that low pricing. Somewhere such as, oh I don't know, quality materials?

Hyundai is able to sell cars using quality materials because they control 99% of the manufactuing process this includings the glass, interior parts, etc etc.. Why go to a middle man? when you can do it all in house.

My friend drove one of those to the Ontario Car Show and he told me it was a nice car exept for the suspention, whos totally too soft for the weight/power of the car. Still, hyundai's are now way better than 5-10 years ago. Cannot compare to a BMW/mercedes series but it can be for the acura/lexus market.

Hyundai is able to sell cars using quality materials because they control 99% of the manufactuing process this includings the glass, interior parts, etc etc.. Why go to a middle man? when you can do it all in house.

Thx for correcting me. If thats true than I don't have anything else to say except *tu* to hyundai.

mais sa reste une Hyundai....

toi tu connait ca les char toi mon champion!!!! évolue!!!!
en voyant ce que tu chauffe (une honda sur évaluer) ca reste un honda (pour une division qui n'existe pas au japon, car ici les gens ont besoin de se la peter)

avant que tu capote j'Ai bien dit une division pas les produits...

j'aime bien comment tu te fait ramaser!!!

they have excellent support from the manufacturer too

i mean, where else can you go to finance a 2 door sports coupe (tiburon) and have hyundai canada include stoptech big brake kit and tein coilovers with edfc right into your payments from the dealer.

I agree with the fact that people won't be able to flaunt it as fi they said "I own a BMW/Mercedes/Lexus," but I don't think it would be frowned upon either. If it's a great car, it should get it's recognition. It's just it'll most probably be known by it's name, rather than it's badge.

For example, before the 300, when people would tell me "I own a Chrysler" I wouldn't really think anything good about it. When they tell me they drive a 300, I can appreciate the car.

la seule qualite de hyundai c'est que leur voiture valent EXACTEMENT le prix demander elle sont ni sur ou sous-evaluer... ca veut pas dire quel sont un "bon deal" au mieux elle sont un bon deal face au japonaise "sur-evaluer" mais elle peut pas etre comparer au europenne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back