Article: 599 GTO 18th birthday Gift!

I'd like my kid to at least buy his first car from money he directly earned. This is what I did while working as a bag boy at the grocery store. I saved $1500 and bought an '85 Prelude. Then I saved more and upgraded to another and then another. It taught me how to manage money and I hope my kids learn this as well.

I do agree, that's how i learned, started with the sx 2.0 my father gave me 'til i get my own car, i tried to work a bit and then bought a 99 civic hb, put some money on the car then got in bad trouble! sold the car and my dad told me: i told you, you should've been careful, it's nice to spend money on a car and tune it but be sure to have more than twice the ammount of what you're about to buy in your bank account. I learned because my parent's did'nt gave me like a brand new ride like some people i know! I think you're just thinking the good way! Your kids will thank you one day, believe me!!!

I'm planning to give my children everything they need and deserve. The second they demonstrate that they are taking it for granted and abusing my generosity, its going straight to LesPac. If you instil good morals and values in your children, demonstrate the concept of respect and keep them cultured, the last thing they will do is bite the hand that feeds them.

if your son is a degenerate, he'll be a failure no matter what car he drives or clothes he wears.

Why not? If you are succesful and are able to afford the finer things in life for your children why wouldn't you? If they appreciate everything you give them; I don't see anything wrong with that.

x2

to you and me it might look like spoiling them but it's just everyday reality for them.

I'm planning to give my children everything they need and deserve. The second they demonstrate that they are taking it for granted and abusing my generosity, its going straight to LesPac. If you instil good morals and values in your children, demonstrate the concept of respect and keep them cultured, the last thing they will do is bite the hand that feeds them.

if your son is a degenerate, he'll be a failure no matter what car he drives or clothes he wears.

They won't bite the hand that feeds them, they will act like little spoiled shits with others. That's what I want to avoid.

Instilling good values in your kid is NOT done by giving them everything they want. lol

They won't bite the hand that feeds them, they will act like little spoiled shits with others. That's what I want to avoid.

Instilling good values in your kid is NOT done by giving them everything they want. lol

sounds like you had some bad experiences growing up or something man.

Reactions: MTV
To be honest, I'd have HUGE mixed feelings. Sign me a cheque instead pweez. What kind of 18yr/o wants a 599 lol.

sounds like you had some bad experiences growing up or something man.

I did, to some degree. I went to private school and I was the poorest kid there. I was surrounded by spoiled brats and I never want my kids to be anything like that.

No, did not look at the pics. In the days of the F40/F50/Enzo you just didn't walk into the dealership and pick one up. You had to be an owner of Ferrari's just to get on the list of potential customers. Basically, Ferrari selected who was getting the car irrespective of your wealth. That is why a grey market exists for such exclusive models.

Maybe things are different today with the 599 GTO. I doubt it however since all cars were probably sold before they even were shown to the general public.

Well, if I'm the owner of of an exotic car dealership and this guy who's bought $10 million worth of exotic cars off me says he wants a 599 GTO, you bet your ass I'm going to try my hardest to get him one... regardless about what Ferrari says.

I know a spoiled up little brat around here in Richmond.( ok he dosent have a ferrarie but...).. still lives at his parents at 26, never holds a job more than a month or 2 in a row, constantly giving excuses why he cant keep the jobs, he just dosent like to work. His parents clear the payments on pretty much all the cars he had in is life. starting w/ a precidia @ 16 ( this car was new back in the days ) then a big modified prelude, a few civics including one he sold for 10000 recently to some ignorant kid (wow! what a ''crosseur'' ) but didnt had the brain to clear his payments,he got himself a stupid crazy hellaflush s2000 in addition to another extra loan... most of the time his cars breaks or has worn tires and he keep going at the bank for more $$$ wich he is allowed to get cause he gets the files clean up of those numerous retards of payments by his mom who works at the bank.... trully lame and surely not good for him at the end. He took 2 years paying me back 100$ that I had to get from his mommy straigh at her job, it turn out to be 200$ at the end ( LOL ) He trully dosent have any notions of the value of money , especialy earned by work... Later when his parents gonna throw him out the door ( cause I would've done it since a while) he is going to break. he'll have to work to keep is goods, and I dont think it'll be possible since it makes 10 years he's manipulating his parents for more.

My kid is gonna work hard and thats the only way he's gonna deserve his money and goods, not to be arsh on him, but, as a part of his education.
I did the same way and so for my brother, thank you daddy for kicking our asses out. WE are still alive and we ride cars that we paid on our own. :D

This comment in a thread talking about an 18yr/o getting a 599 is hilarious.

If you end up being successful (lol)... and are able to provide your children with the fruits of your labour would you not give them everything they deserve that is within your ability to provide? To you its a Ferrari, to the child's father its just another car.

Mississippi590-1.jpg

I did, to some degree. I went to private school and I was the poorest kid there. I was surrounded by spoiled brats and I never want my kids to be anything like that.

Figured. You cant blame the kids or their parents though. The kids are going to be assholes no matter how much cash theyr'e given. However, I could understand why you have that point of view and that must have sucked. Trust me, if any decent parents knew their kids were being assholes and abusing their generosity, they wouldn't have any of the luxuries they were used to.

I know a spoiled up little brat around here in Richmond.( ok he dosent have a ferrarie but...).. still lives at his parents at 26, never holds a job more than a month or 2 in a row, constantly giving excuses why he cant keep the jobs, he just dosent like to work. His parents clear the payments on pretty much all the cars he had in is life. starting w/ a precidia @ 16 ( this car was new back in the days ) then a big modified prelude, a few civics including one he sold for 10000 recently to some ignorant kid (wow! what a ''crosseur'' ) but didnt had the brain to clear his payments,he got himself a stupid crazy hellaflush s2000 in addition to another extra loan... most of the time his cars breaks or has worn tires and he keep going at the bank for more $$$ wich he is allowed to get cause he gets the files clean up of those numerous retards of payments by his mom who works at the bank.... trully lame and surely not good for him at the end. He took 2 years paying me back 100$ that I had to get from his mommy straigh at her job, it turn out to be 200$ at the end ( LOL ) He trully dosent have any notions of the value of money , especialy earned by work... Later when his parents gonna throw him out the door ( cause I would've done it since a while) he is going to break. he'll have to work to keep is goods, and I dont think it'll be possible since it makes 10 years he's manipulating his parents for more.

My kid is gonna work hard and thats the only way he's gonna deserve his money and goods, not to be arsh on him, but, as a part of his education.
I did the same way and so for my brother, thank you daddy for kicking our asses out. WE are still alive and we ride cars that we paid on our own. :D

paragraphs are your friend

If you end up being successful (lol)... and are able to provide your children with the fruits of your labour would you not give them everything they deserve that is within your ability to provide? To you its a Ferrari, to the child's father its just another car.

They deserve a good education. They deserve clothes on their back, a roof over their head and a plate full of food. They deserve to be loved and cared for unconditionally.

They do not deserve a half million dollar Ferrari.

Figured. You cant blame the kids or their parents though. The kids are going to be assholes no matter how much cash theyr'e given. However, I could understand why you have that point of view and that must have sucked. Trust me, if any decent parents knew their kids were being assholes and abusing their generosity, they wouldn't have any of the luxuries they were used to.

I can blame the kids for being assholes and I can blame the parents for making them that way.

There were kids who weren't spoiled by their rich parents and the kids were great people.

They deserve a good education. They deserve clothes on their back, a roof over their head and a plate full of food. They deserve to be loved and cared for unconditionally.

They do not deserve a half million dollar Ferrari.

I can blame the kids for being assholes and I can blame the parents for making them that way.

There were kids who weren't spoiled by their rich parents and the kids were great people.
Who are you to tell people what their kids derserve or not! Society isn't fair DEAL WITH IT! Their will always be someone better than you. The father owns a Veyron + a hand full of ferrari's and why does he buy a 500k car for his kid? BECAUSE HE CAN!

I'm not saying money makes you more important but you can't say that the kid will turn out an asshole.

Back