Are you a Hypermiler?

I'm doing 240km daily now with my new job and bought a new accent to save on fuel. I'm averaging about 6.5l for 100km's and I doing 130 on my way and back from work. Thru town I have a heavy foot also. I'm happy with my mileage. Just wish the tank was a little bigger so I could go 3 days without refueling.

After driving an automatic mk3 for two years. I take advatage of the manual every chance i get. Downhill? neutral. Coasting on an empty road? neutral. Coming off the highway? Neutral. lol

Also i only go above 2K to shift at 2.1

Unless im driving hard, in which case cinq cylindre dans panne!

You're doing it wrong. Neutral = fuel consuption because it has to keep the engine running.

Coasting in gear = deceleration fuel cut-off... injectors are closed shut and the transmission keeps the engine running. No fuel enters the chamber above a certain RPM.

Avec mon Echo j'avais réussi à faire 4.8L/100km de moyenne sur une tank.

En Miata, 100% highway en roulant 120km/h, j'ai fait 7.5L/100km.

Avec le 4runner, en roulant 95% highway, ça me donne 12.5L/100km. Dat lift + M/T life.

You're doing it wrong. Neutral = fuel consuption because it has to keep the engine running.

Coasting in gear = deceleration fuel cut-off... injectors are closed shut and the transmission keeps the engine running. No fuel enters the chamber above a certain RPM.

awww. and here i was thinking low revs = low fuel.

Brb accelerating to redline so i can maximize engine braking.

Je crois que je fais environ 16-18L/100km avec mon petit Grand Vitara...V6 dans pan! Et c'est pas aérodynamique du tout

I wouldn't call myself a hypermiler, but my car is pretty efficient, and I don't drive like a dumb ass. I plan my braking and acceleration, I don't slow down for corners and only drive about 5-10 over the limit during my commute. (on weekends, I yolo my car to 15-20 over)

So I average about 5.5L/100km of 50/50 mixed city/highway.

I must say, I rarely touch my brakes. It's pretty easy to see when 3-5 cars in front of you, traffic is starting to slow. Just keep thinking ahead and not be so shortsighted, and you'll realize that you don't need to use your brakes a tenth of what the average person uses them. It not only saves your brake pad life, but you save gas by letting go of your throttle while everyone keeps accelerating to the inevitably slower traffic speeds.

It's not rocket science.

Sometimes I hypermile, sometimes I dont give a fuck, it all evens out.

Often this.

awww. and here i was thinking low revs = low fuel.

It does, and no throttle = no fuel.

je n'ai pas besoin d'hypermiller ... lol ... 1000km par plein sans meme faire attention Beetle Tdi FTW ... juste pour le millage par contre haha

Je fait pas de hypermiler mais je fait quand même attention, je tien mon cruze eco a 4.3 de moyenne, et mon trailblazer a 10.8 (sauf quand je remorque évidemment)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Moi ce qui m'énarve c'est plus les left line hugger, ceux qui ne flash pas et ceux qui passent sur les lignes pleines...
Si tu décide de conduire plus efficacement ca fait pas de toi un téteux.

Quand je me déplace je suis quand même plus rapide que le 3/4 du monde sur la route... puis je me tasse une fois que j'ai dépassé.

J'ai eu mes passes avec mon setup turbo puis mon cbr... j'ai passé a autre chose.

I wouldn't call myself a hypermiler, but my car is pretty efficient, and I don't drive like a dumb ass. I plan my braking and acceleration, I don't slow down for corners and only drive about 5-10 over the limit during my commute. (on weekends, I yolo my car to 15-20 over)

So I average about 5.5L/100km of 50/50 mixed city/highway.

I must say, I rarely touch my brakes. It's pretty easy to see when 3-5 cars in front of you, traffic is starting to slow. Just keep thinking ahead and not be so shortsighted, and you'll realize that you don't need to use your brakes a tenth of what the average person uses them. It not only saves your brake pad life, but you save gas by letting go of your throttle while everyone keeps accelerating to the inevitably slower traffic speeds.

It's not rocket science.

Often this.

It does, and no throttle = no fuel.

I agree with you 100%. I anticipate and dont brake and accelerate like a retard, I drive a lot for work and learned to drive in a efficient way, but not slowing down traffic by any means, I am 10km/h over speed limit 90% of the time and I cruise at 115-120.

Here is what the Town-Country 2016 looks at 60/40City. A car that most would do 14-15L in it...

IMG_6234.jpg

Moi ce qui m'énarve c'est plus les left line hugger, ceux qui ne flash pas et ceux qui passent sur les lignes pleines...
Si tu décide de conduire plus efficacement ca fait pas de toi un téteux.

Quand je me déplace je suis quand même plus rapide que le 3/4 du monde sur la route... puis je me tasse une fois que j'ai dépassé.

J'ai eu mes passes avec mon setup turbo puis mon cbr... j'ai passé a autre chose.

police qui gun sur le bord d'une zone de construction avec 2 voies donc une ligne blanche pleine en plein milieu, ben ostie le monde se tassais pour faire leur move over a cause de la police sur le bord de la route comme si de rien n'était. tabarnack la ligne est pleine en plus des 50 panneaux interdisant un dépassement..garde ta voie calisse !!!!

Back