Buying mags from the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styling

Legacy Member
Who here has done it?

Did you get them delivered at home? Or did you pick them up at a city near the border?

I remember way back when I actually considered this, but never went with it. But I was kinda thinking about it, could simply drive accross with shit ass rims and tires and then pick them up, put them on, and save on the border taxes.... :dunno:

2 years ago i bought a nice set of mags for my older car (which i dont have anymore)

i found a place in Massena (just past the border), its a place where u can pay them to get stuff delivered to them and hold on to, for a low price (i gave them 20$). so i got the mags shipped there, and then drove down, swapped my old wheels to mags and drove back up, with my old wheels in the trunk.

One of the new border security measures at some crossings is to take pictures of all cars/trucks that pass through so they have something to compare with on the return trip.

One of the new border security measures at some crossings is to take pictures of all cars/trucks that pass through so they have something to compare with on the return trip.

they must have a system that associates license plates with these pictures?

tirerack, discounttire, those are the biggies...

wheelsnext seems hit and miss. but it also depends on the exact rims you want to get.

btw, if you're planning on getting them from the states, absolutely get them delivered somehwere near the border. if you get them sent to your house, taxes and duties will absolutely rape you.

personally, i ended up ordering form 1010tires.com. they are in vancouver so no duties and the price ended up 200$ cheaper than any local shop even with shipping.

i just compare 1010tire and tirerack for some OZ superlegera and 1010tire was 325$/each and tirerack 272$/each :yikes: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back