Crazy Crash On 20 West @ Woodland. PICS Inside

Man, God help his family, His wife was expecting him home, I saw his lunch spread out on the road, no way a man packed that. I feel horrible for him and his family. I wish I could of done anything more. We should of pulled him out, the nurse wouldn't let me.

Ya, I wouldn't feel bad about it. You did what you could at the time. But it looks to me that it might have been his own doing. I'm not sure, but I think I see tire tracks in the grassy part just before the armco barrier in your first pic. Let me know if I'm wrong there. Maybe he tried to exit way too late by jumping that grassy part then hit the barrier which sent him rolling. Anyway, that's just my theory. I was not there, so I don't know.

Oh fuck man...

Don't even feel bad.

Very tragic; I'm sure you won't be forgetting this anytime soon. The point is, don't beat yourself up over it. Getting him out of there would have probably just made things a lot worse.

Glad that people still care about others these days. It's hard to find genuine people in this world of self absorbency.

Even if you would have pull it out, it would most certainly still have died, and you would say to yourself: "maybe he died because i DID pull him out."
The car is in so bad shape, there was nothing you could do.

I agree with everyone here

You did all you could man, don't feel bad about

At least there is still good people like you that care about other human beings

RIP

Man, God help his family, His wife was expecting him home, I saw his lunch spread out on the road, no way a man packed that. I feel horrible for him and his family. I wish I could of done anything more. We should of pulled him out, the nurse wouldn't let me.

Just to let you know for future !!! Never try anything like this (pull person out or move him ) cuz that can play bad for you when cops gonna do it this case (enquiete) . I did my medical exam in Cadets and guy told us that you not allow to touch the person if person dosent ask you except if you have a 1st help medical cart !!!

If car was on fire then fuck that law and even by laws in that situation you need to help him but if everythin under control , you not allow to touch or move the person if he didnt ask you .

I was just driving home now on the 20 west and the traffic is still fucked going East up until just past the Morgan exit.

I think the 40 is also fucked because there's a lot of traffic coming down the 20 east around Ile Perrot.

You did the right thing not moving him. You could have injured his spine, neck or else. And if you say the nurse started doing CPR, then he was probably in bad shape. The nurse had to take charge because she's the health professional and its her duty to dispatch what has to be done or not when giving the first aid until the paramedics arrive to the scene. You probably did all you could to help this poor guy. Big thumbs up to you man.

I just drove by and there is still traffic and debris...

od_man...I don't know what to say dude. I'm really happy to hear that people like you have a heart and did their best in a grim situation like this.

It's incredibly sad to hear that the driver didn't make it through.

Please don't put any weight on your shoulders though od_man, you did above and beyond what any other person would have done.

Faith in MR +1
Faith in od_man: +100

As somebody already said you don't move him if in critical situation except for fire.
You move him and you could be charged with third degree murder if he dies,which is the case.
You did your samaritan job.

As somebody already said you don't move him if in critical situation except for fire.
You move him and you could be charged with third degree murder if he dies,which is the case.
You did your samaritan job.

that exactly what i wanted to say !!! i dont even know how to explain that , cuz from one side you wanna help him and this stupid law stop you , but from other side this law is good cuz your help can kill him . really f@cked up situation. :(

Back