DIY sport aluminum pedal covers Passat, Sagitar, Mogatan, Touran, Golf, Bora, Bettle,

scirocco16valve

Legacy Member
If you purchased these aftermarket aluminum pedal covers then you need to install them. Well I picked up a few sets for myself and family for 25.00 bucks each kit which was a pretty good price considering Fleabay sell them for like 40.00+.
Needed on for the 2011 passat auto, MK6 golf manual, and Audi A4 and Q5.

The VW cars have the ABT logo on them and the Audi cars have the S-line logo.
P1150175.jpg

P1150173.jpg

P1150172.jpg

P1150171.jpg

P1150167.jpg

P1150166.jpg

So for those that are not too handy with tools and want to install these sport aluminum pedal covers on your rides.

you will need an electric drill and some new drill bits as the metal of the car pedal are hard and the basic tools like screwdriver, and liquid paper, etc......

These covers come in two pieces with rubber insert with knobs/bumps that stick out for grip.
P1130218.jpg

P1130216.jpg

P1130217.jpg

P1130214.jpg

First you need to remove your old stock pedal covers and position the new cover over the pedal lever.
Center the aluminum covers making sure that the holes do cover the pedal lever and using the liquid paper mark the holes.
Remove the aluminum pedal cover and see if the holes look symmetrically centered. If yes then drill away using a smaller drill bit for a pilot hole first and then once through use the bigger drill bit.
Now you will reinsert the rubber pad and aluminum pedal cover together, the rubber does not have the holes so you need to either pass a drill to make the hole or I used a small screwdriver to make the hole.
Then you use the existing bolts, nuts and washer and fasten them together, once snug, test to make sure that the travel is not obstructed and you do the same for the others.
For the dead pedal there are tapping screws and I just placed it into position and fastened in.

Hope this helps.

Back