News: FD Canada Championnat Mondial, Autodrome St-Eustache, 6-7 Septembre

I'm no expert and could be wrong, but from what I understood, initiating too slow on purpose to fuck up your competitor isn't allowed (or at least, is something that could be penalized), which is why they usually have speed cameras with displays...which was explained then and there on the run where Kearney took out Cyr.

Le E-brake drag est une tactique beaucoup utilisé, mais pénalisé. Kearney s'est rendu compte assez vite que pour gagner contre Morin et Cyr, il devait utiliser toute les techniques, clean ou non. Autrement, les gars étaient capable de le suivre dans la porte. Si j'me trompe pas, c'est pas la clutch à Cyr qui a laché qui l'a sortie? J'ai hate de revoir les vidéo.

Le E-brake drag est une tactique beaucoup utilisé, mais pénalisé. Kearney s'est rendu compte assez vite que pour gagner contre Morin et Cyr, il devait utiliser toute les techniques, clean ou non. Autrement, les gars étaient capable de le suivre dans la porte. Si j'me trompe pas, c'est pas la clutch à Cyr qui a laché qui l'a sortie? J'ai hate de revoir les vidéo.

Oui c'est la clutch à CYR qui l'a sortit.

Il n'a pas pu faire son lead run (il me semble que c'était son lead run) contre Kearney...

Oui, c'est la clutch a Cyr qui a lacher durant son chase run, mais ce que je voulait dire par "take out" c'est que Kearney l'a cogner a plusieures reprise durant la run, et a la fin l'a meme fait perdre controle et spin out.

Last edited:
Il était aggressif, il voulait la première place, il l'avait même dit sur instagram qu'il allait tout faire pour finir premier.

The thing with contact is it depends on the reason.
Let's say lead car all of a sudden slows down at a part in the track where you should be speeding up, it's not always the chase cars fault.

At the end of the day it's a judged sport. Shit happens. It doesn't fall down to "ya, he was better". There's 3 judges for different aspects.

Pour Cyr et Kearney, lors de leur première run, Kearney a touché la voiture de Cyr 2 fois en poursuivant, la dernière fois ça a causé des dommages à la voiture de Cyr. Les juges ont donnés l'avantage à Cyr et lui ont laissé le temps de réparer. La 2e run, Kearney a eu l'avantage, donc One More Time. La clutch de Cyr avait lâchée lors de la dernière run, donc aucune run de One More Time, Kearney moves on. Pour ce qui est des commentateurs, on ne peux pas plaire à tous. Jarod et Ryan faisaient le live stream, donc les animateurs de FD Canada s'occupent du Live. On fait notre possible, mais le mandat était d'être en majorité en français.

I think it would have been infinitely better with Jarod. Last year there was Jarod and a french commentator which I was ok with. I think the appeal of an FD Canada is getting an FD show. Not just drivers who compete in the series.

I'm the french guy who was there last year with Jarod and this year with Steve, I'm hosting Formula Drift Canada for 3 years. The crowd was mostly french so we hosted in french. There was the lifestream for the rest of the world with Jarod and Ryan, so the english people in the crowd could log in and watch. We do our best to please everyone, but the mandate was mostly host in french and translate the scores. Sorry if it bugged some of the fans, we'll try to be better next year.

Carl Nadeau

Vous avez très bien fait ça Carl, prends le pas mal!

Moi aussi je me demandais comment ça on n'avait pas Jarod cette année mais j'ai ensuite regarder un peu le stream pour voir le replay de Kearney et Cyr (vu que l'écran fonctionnait plus ou moins rendu là me semble) et j'ai compris.

Je pense tout de même que l'idée était bonne la première année de faire anglais + français considérant que ça fait comme partie du package Formula Drift d'entendre Jarod!

Well here is my take on this weekend- my first ever full weekend at a drift event and I am no means an expert, but I have a good eye for driving talent and certainly can tell if an event is well run.

The crowd- absolutely wicked following that drift has- these guys know their drivers, know how to spend a day at the track and fully support their local drivers- way cool.
The venue- ASE does a ton with very little. Access was easy, crowd control was super friendly and calm, concessions were accessible , bathrooms clean. I was surprised how the venue allows outside refreshments to come in- certainly hurting sales but making fans happy.
The drivers- i am totally fucking impressed with what I saw. The FD regulars were as good as announced- save 1, but he lived up to his nickname in the end- friendly, spoke with Aasbo after the event, cool guy and very professional. The Canadian drivers- ie not FD regulars- HATS OFF, what a show they put on. I could tell from the get go that Tom Tom was going to be force to reckon with and with such a sleeper looking car. The fact that CDn drivers could hold their own was awesome to see. Trade cars with some of the big names- the results may be way different.
The organizers- not much to say except - WELL DONE!!!
The announcers- Ok getting flak on the forum- whatever.... I enjoy english commentary- watching F1 or Moto GP- but hey FD in Quebec- wake up!!! you have to cater to the audience there. If you can't understand french- just sit next to me at the next FD event- I will translate for you!!!! Carl N , you were informative and on top of the action- we listened and learned.

Overall a great experience. I am happy that I cancelled my SCCA Nationals event to be there. We were supporting KWs presence- one of the few vendors that follow FD in the US at all of the events- that made the commitment to come to Canada.
Our driver was hoping for more than a 4th place finish, but given the caliber of the top 3 all day- it was probably a good place to finish.

I still hate judged sports- I think Morin should have advanced, he really out drove Kearney every run! screw the point system!

I think this event was very interesting- coming from a hardcore road course guy!

Bravo Alan and his entire FD Canada crew- drivers and fans!

Back