Gumball 2010 visits Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend and I will be driving his F430. It should be a good time. Hopefully the weather will be great when we pass through Montreal.

Wow, you are realising one of my dreams lol. Are you gonne be sponsored by mtlracing?!? I personally think it would be nice that for once something else than a shit box wears this sticker haha

I'm down for this if it happens and I can get all the details and I'm not working and the weather is good and I have my car out of storage and I have the money and gas prices are low and my car isn't due for an oil change and my tire pressure is right and I don't see any cops the day before and I don't hit any potholes on the way home the night before and what not.

I just got the official schedule from the organizers. Montreal will not be one of the stops. The North American cities will be Boston, Quebec City, Toronto and New York City.

I just got the official schedule from the organizers. Montreal will not be one of the stops. The North American cities will be Boston, Quebec City, Toronto and New York City.

COOL !!!! But there's no way to know where it will be exactly in Quebec City ? I will try to be there to see a real Veyron once in my life !!!!!

à date, il y a un participant d'inscrit avec une viper de 1300 hp...
http://www.gumball3000.com/news/detail/342
image2(2).jpg

I just don't see the attraction. Driving 3000 miles over some boring congested roads in a "race" that is official and offers a fake feel of "outlaw". Kinda like going on a favela tour in an armored bus, or seeing great whites from a glass-bottom boat. I mean the Mtl-Toronto stretch is like chloroform and so are any Euro highways. I've done many (Geneva-Monaco, Geneva-Milan, Geneva-Modena/Florence, Geneva-Magny Cours) etc. After 30 minutes you are bored to hell, even in a Ferrari. After 4 hours you are tired and after 8 hours you don't care about anything other then going to bed. Even the autobahns are mostly congested andyou'll be lucky to average 160-170... whoop tee doo, while watching the same scenery. Much better to do something like a trip in a convertible through the Tuscan whine growing regions, stopping off every 1 hour or so... or do the Route Napoleon to Monaco or something.

I just don't see the attraction. Driving 3000 miles over some boring congested roads in a "race" that is official and offers a fake feel of "outlaw". Kinda like going on a favela tour in an armored bus, or seeing great whites from a glass-bottom boat. I mean the Mtl-Toronto stretch is like chloroform and so are any Euro highways. I've done many (Geneva-Monaco, Geneva-Milan, Geneva-Modena/Florence, Geneva-Magny Cours) etc. After 30 minutes you are bored to hell, even in a Ferrari. After 4 hours you are tired and after 8 hours you don't care about anything other then going to bed. Even the autobahns are mostly congested andyou'll be lucky to average 160-170... whoop tee doo, while watching the same scenery. Much better to do something like a trip in a convertible through the Tuscan whine growing regions, stopping off every 1 hour or so... or do the Route Napoleon to Monaco or something.

It's not a race..it's a rally. ;-) Anyways, don't worry about it, I'm sure we'll manage to have fun.

The only fun to be had on those monotonous cruises is to act like morons and drive dangerously, it's not like the rally is held in the Stelvio Pass, or some ex-Mille Miglia roads are closed off to regular traffic and you get to race over them. Mostly straight line driving, trying to avoid the soccer moms hogging the fast lane. For that kind of money... I would expect something more interesting.

Don c'est à quebec ou à Montréal?

2010 London to New York

The entry grid is now open for the 12th annual Gumball 3000. The 2010 rally will leave from London on 1st May before taking in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Boston, Quebec City and Toronto before rounding off in New York seven long days and nights later. In addition to the entry fee of £30,000 have you got what it takes to take on the Spirit of the Gumball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back