Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Brand

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Model

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Heritage

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
So by this standard a fully loaded Jetta Hybrid is a luxury car since it is expensive ( for a jetta ) and was sold in low numbers ?

lol. I guess if you want to go in there.
Come on, seriously !
First of all, I think we defined expensive as at least...a big amount, not a 35 000$ car brand new.
Jetta is selling in low #s because nobody wants them! They can't sell them.
While Porsche could probably sell 50 000 GT3 RS / year/ worldwide , but they only produce 4000.

I'm going even further. I personally do not consider a C63 AMG or a M3 to be luxury cars. They are relatively expensive, but they are not unique and exclusive. Production numbers are important for example.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity but I'm not sure about the former.
Sure you proved your point with your bs logic of "aint getting a luxury car if you're getting a deal"

I dont think you understand what a deal means but wtv floats your boat

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

^^Question for you. If I buy a S class coupe 2017. MSRP of the car 152 000$.
Mercedes Canada gives me 15 000 rebate + 7500 loyalty. So 22 500$. And the dealer gives me another 4% off, so another 6000$. Which is 28 500$ rebate.
Is this a deal ?
Instead of 152 000$ I pay 123 500$.

I'm going even further. I personally do not consider a C63 AMG or a M3 to be luxury cars. They are relatively expensive, but they are not unique and exclusive. Production numbers are important for example.

Luxury and Exclusivity are two different things.

Mercedes Canada gives me 15 000 rebate + 7500 loyalty. So 22 500$. And the dealer gives me another 4% off, so another 6000$. Which is 28 500$ rebate.
Is this a deal ?

You are not getting that much of a deal on a car that no body wants / can afford

^^ Thank you.
Plus , that car if you go back to the dealer after 1 month , they will give you let's say 100 000$ for it.
So , yes hell of a deal at 123 500$ !!!!!!!!

Now, go get a brand new Porsche GT3 brand new and resell it after 1 month. And do the math.

Luxury and Exclusivity are two different things.

They go hand in hand...pretty much if you define luxury as it has to be defined, no? Or a CX-9 is a luxury car for you too?

But I agree, we are going off topic slowly slowly.

On another note:
Toyota sells almost 11 millions cars / year worldwide. 11 000 000
Mercedes sells almost 1.8 millions cars / year worldwide. 1.800.000
BMW sells almost 1.905 millions cars / year worldwide. 1.905.000
Audi sells almost 1.803 millions cars / year worldwide. 1.803.000
Porsche sells almost 225 000 cars / year worldwide.
Bentley sells almost 11 000 cars / year worldwide.
Rolls-Royce sells almost 4000 cars / year worldwide.
Aston-Martin sells almost 3500 cars / year worldwide.

Luxury is a state of mind, a feeling.

What luxury car is, will depend on your personal experience; what you've owned, driven, read about, seems pics of, and your personal taste.

For some people a brand new Elantra might seem luxurious compared to their old POS, whereas other will find the interior of a brand new Audi a8 cheap and low end because they daily drive a Bentley Continental...

Luxury meaning is relative and depends on the person. Some people consider a 50 000$ car luxury car, others consider 100 000$ car, luxury. And others 200 000$+. I don't believe Mercedes and Audi or BMW are luxury brands because there are too many of those on the road and a lot of people can afford them. So they become mainstream for me.
I consider a 20 000$ + watch a luxury watch.

Is this a deal ?

Sure, if you were supposed to pay 152k for the same car i'd say you got a deal.

Now my question is, is an s class coupe a luxury car?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scooter... have you been hanging out with Goofy or something ?

Seems like you're having a really hard time accepting other peoples opinions on this matter.....

A combination of brand cachet, equipment, and desireable drivetrain.

Must have all 3 to be considered a luxury car.

ie: CLA250 or A4 fronttrak would have an undesirable drivetrain although it has a good brand cachet and (possibly) good equipment/options.
Chrysler 300: desirable drivetrain and (possibly) good equipment, no brand cachet
It's kind of hard to find an example of good drivetrain and cachet but poor equipment in 2016 but some models of 3 series had no xenon, manual seats, no screen. That would be a good drivetrain and cachet but poor equipment. Ie: e90 323i base

Some companies try making "luxury cars" by just rebranding their normal cars, adding some chrome or gold plating, maybe some extra equipment, leather and so on but in the end we all know what they're all about.

Hyundai trying to push their "Genesis" luxury brand - as much as I hate to admit it - are possibly the only ones that are doing it right even though my feeling is that even a luxury Hyundai will remain a Hyundai.

The other for example Honda, we all know that an Acura TLX is more or less a Honda Accord.

The same way we know that an Infinity G35 is more or less a Nissan Altima and that a Camry is more or less an ES350.

For these reasons I believe that we still can't have a "luxury" brand from a company that started out by making "people's cars" like Kia, Hyundai and even Toyota, Nissan or Honda, as nice as their upscale Lexus, Infinity and Acura brands are I think it's a matter of perspective.

Was the car created from the ground up to be luxurious or is it derived from another car the company sells for less to a cheaper crowd? If so then it's not a luxury vehicle as the whole point of being exclusive goes out the window the second you reuse parts.

Brands that were born luxurious are the only ones IMHO that can be called luxury cars.

In Europe there are BMWs and Mercedes, they are born luxurious, do not share parts with Mazda or Ford unlike Volvo who claims to be luxurious, but as nice as a Volvo is, the moment it shares any parts with lesser rated platforms it dilutes it.

In America we have Lincoln and Cadillac, although Cadillac's new models 2013+ as nice as they are, share their platform with the Camaro. The 1st and 2nd gen CTS didn't share their platform. Was it a perfect platform? No. It's big and heavy but it's only used for other Cadillacs = luxury.

Same goes for some of the BMWs and Mercs. If they share their platform among other BMWs and Mercs then it's fine, but if like some of the Mercs like the B class models, you share your platform with VW or Nissan then sorry but what you have, as nice as it is, is not a luxury car.

Lastly do not confuse luxurious with performance or fast.

American cars have had two decades of making shit "luxurious" cars, Cadillacs from the late 1980s up until the mid 2000s were really REALLY shit cars nobody wanted.

They've come back from that now, so has Lincoln although they've not had as much success as Cadillac.

Anecdote? Why not. Look at who's post this is...

When we go to family gatherings some of our family members have Mercs and Infiniti, some have Acuras and a few Volvos and at least one has a BMW, yet no other car brings as many questions from others as the CTS. From how much gasoline it uses to the ride quality, cost of maintenance and reliability, and so on.

I think that defines luxury. It means you've achieved something and you can have nice things.

Some companies try making "luxury cars" by just rebranding their normal cars, adding some chrome or gold plating, maybe some extra equipment, leather and so on but in the end we all know what they're all about.

The other for example Honda, we all know that an Acura TLX is more or less a Honda Accord.

The same way we know that an Infinity G35 is more or less a Nissan Altima and that a Camry is more or less an ES350.

For these reasons I believe that we still can't have a "luxury" brand from a company that started out by making "people's cars" like Kia, Hyundai and even Toyota, Nissan or Honda, as nice as their upscale Lexus, Infinity and Acura brands are I think it's a matter of perspective.

Bruh... the only thing they have in common is the engine and its not even the same one one, the G one is longitudinal and has some internal differences. Camry and ES350 is spot on though

In Europe there are BMWs and Mercedes, they are born luxurious, do not share parts with Mazda or Ford unlike Volvo who claims to be luxurious, but as nice as a Volvo is, the moment it shares any parts with lesser rated platforms it dilutes it.

nah. poverty spec right here. it shares the same platform as the m240i.
bmw2.JPG

Eh boy LG... Un vrai connaisseur! Tellement de marde dans ce que tu as écrit... BMW et MINI partage des plateformes et des moteurs en passant.

Eh boy LG... Un vrai connaisseur!

Ben quoi, pensais tu qu'on allait tous a l'unanimite dire que ta Regal etait le sommum du luxe? Anyway je m'electrocontrecrisse de ce que tu penses de mes opinions - clairement - donc pourquoi tu y penses pas 2 fois avant de peser sur "reply" au juste?

Ou tu troll?

Back