I think I ****ed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet87

so I bought one of those kits from wallmart to get the fog off my headlights.

I used 2500 2000 1500 1000 sand paper and some sort of polish and after it was all said and done my headlights where fogger then when I started it.

now is that because I rubbed the sandpaper to hard or Im not using the right stuff? when I wet the headlights with the hose there clear but the minute the start drying off there foggy as shit.

I read a DIY thread on vwvortex and he used a rubbing compound before using the polish would this slove my problem?

After the sanding use Meguiar Plastx. edit: Even better : Meguiar Mirror glaze (like 3 time better than Plastx)

The polish in those kit isn't very good. With Plastx sand until all is smooth and polish!

For about 10$ a bottle you can't go wrong believe me, awesome result!

so I bought one of those kits from wallmart to get the fog off my headlights.

I used 2500 2000 1500 1000 sand paper and some sort of polish and after it was all said and done my headlights where fogger then when I started it.

now is that because I rubbed the sandpaper to hard or Im not using the right stuff? when I wet the headlights with the hose there clear but the minute the start drying off there foggy as shit.

I read a DIY thread on vwvortex and he used a rubbing compound before using the polish would this slove my problem?

First, you went backward. You must start with the 1000 and finish by the finer one.

also, were you using a power tool? i'm not sure how easy it is to get good results by hand.

You can get awesome result by hand but it's so damn long. On a grand caravan it took me like half an hour for each side...

But he probably just need a better polish paste. If it's clear when wet I can't see what else could be wrong.

First, you went backward. You must start with the 1000 and finish by the finer one.

My bad I did it the right orderd just typed it out in re-verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
also, were you using a power tool? i'm not sure how easy it is to get good results by hand?

I did it by hand not sure if I did it long enough maybe I should re-sand it down?
I sanded about 10 minutes per sand paper was that long enough?

Thanks for the quick responses.

what polish did you use? go buy some turtle wax rubbing compound and polishing compound. i polised mine by hand and after like 2 minutes of polishing it was already super clear. but i continued and finished off with meguiars plastx stuff.

I only used 1500 and 2000 with PlasticX and they look like new, you must've done something wrong! And it took me the same time as manias : 30 minutes on each side!

please, when you don't know what you're doing, leave it to the pros.

now sand it again and polish it with a buffer and compound. by hand will take you days to have them shiny.

or just pm celicagts, that's the easiest solution

thats what im here for. let me know how it turns out. if it still doesnt work you suck! and i can show you how its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back