Impreza

Should be sometime next week. I don't want him to rush. I saw a tranny and WRX engine for sale today 4700, that's the next step.

^^Thanks boys,

Radiator & Brakes

Just got this in the mail today, New Radiator and 4 new rotors with brake pads.

I'll be painting the calipers gold.

img2662do.jpg

img2660y.jpg

I've been reading a few swap threads. There is so much I need to learn, granted the engineering background and experience with the eclipse S/C.

I've watched Wathermoon's video and read up on the S/C kit. I'm not sure whether I should go ahead with a WRX swap or a the S/C kit. I think the WRX engine will be more reliable.

Opinions?

wait, are you saying you want to s/c your subaru?

wait, are you saying you want to s/c your subaru?

No,

I'm going to swap in an EJ20 when I sell the eclipse. I was in the USA for a couple of weeks to present my work.

I came back and went to check up on Alvin's work. Amazing, I'll have more pictures tomorrow with all the work he is doing.

All the tape is small bumps, he welded up the holes in the cabin and redid the floor of the interior. He also took the put tape on all the bumps, he needs to fix.

It's simply amazing his attention to detail.

Here is it for now.

img2701g.jpg

Here is the car as it sits now, Alvin is doing a great job, I am fiercely impressed with his work.

dscn1361lv.jpg

dscn1362z.jpg

dscn1365h.jpg

dscn1366y.jpg

dscn1367y.jpg

dscn1368n.jpg

dscn1369f.jpg

dscn1371x.jpg

dscn1372t.jpg

dscn13731.jpg

dscn1373oq.jpg

dscn1374o.jpg

dscn1377z.jpg

dscn1378m.jpg

dscn1380c.jpg

dscn1381e.jpg

Can't wait for the final result.

Hey nice build man! Really happy you picked one up and that it will have a good home. As previously stated, GCs are getting rare... Also dropping an ej20 in it is really your best bet. Supercharging is not very common in those cars and the NA subaru engines are not robust, whereas a ej20T is stone reliable and has good potential. WRX trannys are not super strong but the car is fairly light and you shouldn't have any problems before major boost.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. What color are you going?

^Red, It's a particular red though. Very close to the sedona red it is right now.
I'm sure you will like it. As for the engine plans, my goal is 300whp, not anything more. This is my daily and will be rust proofed like crazy and driven in winter.

Back