Lachute, KNS, SwapShop...which to choose?

He's already spent 8k by your logic... Why stop there?

Ever think that he didn't have the 15k to shell out all at once?

I would swap it.

He spent 8k already, and a wrx swapped clean impreza 2001 goes for 6.5k to max 8k. He will lose money if he swaps it for sure.

For 15k you get a kick ass sti swapped GC8 in the states.

IMO, not worth the swap, but could be a nice project.

From a financial standpoint, though, no car modifications are a good idea.

That being said, we all do them. OD has probably the cleanest GC8 in town, in his place I would swap without hesitation and keep the car for another 10 years.

I'm not arguing with you, but at this point he has the car, so what's he going to do? Sell it needing a new motor? Not like he gets his 8k back regardless :)

Good luck with the swap! I still want to see this car this summer!

I'd put in a stock engine.. They're dirt cheap from any good JDM shop and will take a couple of hours to install.

Swapshop > anything in terms of quality, price, craftsmanship... They are just really really good and cool people to do business with.

I'd put in a stock engine.. They're dirt cheap from any good JDM shop and will take a couple of hours to install.

False, JDM shops only have 2l non turbo jdm engines which are a pain in the ass to swap, can't remember what exactly it is now.
My friend did this swap on his car and you need to take some parts from the 2.5 and put it on the 2.0 to make it fit.

False, JDM shops only have 2l non turbo jdm engines which are a pain in the ass to swap, can't remember what exactly it is now.
My friend did this swap on his car and you need to take some parts from the 2.5 and put it on the 2.0 to make it fit.

I've seen SOHC EJ25s at JDM shops. Just sayin brahh

What the fuck are you talking about....... if you don't know, just don't post lol. I'd walk into any JDM shop and find 290384 ej25 long blocks everywhere and probably one or two ej20 non turbo. lol

What the fuck are you talking about....... if you don't know, just don't post lol. I'd walk into any JDM shop and find 290384 ej25 long blocks everywhere and probably one or two ej20 non turbo. lol

they don't use 2.5 in japan ... they use 2.0 non turbo

google it brahh

they don't use 2.5 in japan ... they use 2.0 non turbo

google it brahh

You should google "common sense", the fact that ej20 non turbo is popular in Japan has nothing to do with what JDM shops would have here.

Nearly all Subarus on the road in Canada run on ej18 (old Impreza) ej25, ej20t, ej25t and some older rare ones on ej22t closed deck. So now tell me who in their right mind that owns a JDM shop and expects to survive would import engines+harnesses that none of the cars here use, nor do people need because it is naturally aspirated?

Rofl. Unlike you, I've been to JDM shops and have worked on tons of Subarus which gives me enough credibility to know that you are full of shit.

You should google "common sense", the fact that ej20 non turbo is popular in Japan has nothing to do with what JDM shops would have here.

Nearly all Subarus on the road in Canada run on ej18 (old Impreza) ej25, ej20t, ej25t and some older rare ones on ej22t closed deck. So now tell me who in their right mind that owns a JDM shop and expects to survive would import engines+harnesses that none of the cars here use, nor do people need because it is naturally aspirated?

Rofl. Unlike you, I've been to JDM shops and have worked on tons of Subarus which gives me enough credibility to know that you are full of shit.

k .

Can you explain to me where do they get their 2.5 engines if they don't use any engine larger then 2l in japan because of taxes on engines bigger then 2.0l ?

I don't know. Why don't you walk into a JDM shop and ask them? I know there are 2308947234 ej252 (engine I had in my car) in pretty much any JDM shop in Montreal, sorry I didn't ask where they were getting them.

I don't know. Why don't you walk into a JDM shop and ask them? I know there are 2308947234 ej252 (engine I had in my car) in pretty much any JDM shop in Montreal, sorry I didn't ask where they were getting them.

Its weird because only us market uses the 2.5...

No, there is 2.5 in Europe and Asia also. My friend just went to Kazakhstan and the palce is litted with the car I had Legacy GT 2.5 NA.

^True the ej251 that I have is a disaster.

I just bought an sti v6 motor with a 4.44 5 speed transmission from the SwapShop.

^True the ej251 that I have is a disaster.

I just bought an sti v6 motor with a 4.44 5 speed transmission from the SwapShop.

approval_944448.gif

Back