L'avion de Jean Lapierre s'écrase

Dans la domaine de l'aviation, le Mitsubushi MU2 est reconnu comme le "Kill You 2". Cet appareil n'a pas une bonne réputation. Juste au point que Transport Canada n'enregistre pas ces avions ici à cause d'un très haut pourcentage d'accident/fatalité. C'est un appareil qui ne pardonne pas. Très facile à décroché etc. Un appareil qui ne pardonne pas beaucoup!

Je sais pas de ou tu sors cette information.

Y a des compagnies canadienne qui opere se type d avion. Je sais que au moin une compagnie en Ontario Thunder Airline qui en ont plusieurs.

Y a rien de si exceptionnel sur cet avion en autant que le pilote est recu la bonne formation.

Je sais pas de ou tu sors cette information.

Y a des compagnies canadienne qui opere se type d avion. Je sais que au moin une compagnie en Ontario Thunder Airline qui en ont plusieurs.

Y a rien de si exceptionnel sur cet avion en autant que le pilote est recu la bonne formation.
C est les assureurs au canada qui semble hesitant. Pas pour rien que cet avio. Etait immatriculer aux usa

Bonanza also is high on that list!
http://txtopaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/V35-Bonanza.jpg

MU2 needs to be in the right hands flying. I'm either thinking they got too low and hit terrain or icing. Actually when I heard about the crash, type and where it was flying on the radio I immediately thought of icing.

I would have never charted that thing, Ill take my chances on a B1900

When I read they had freezing rain and fog. Hmmmmmm! Those inflatable boots on the leading edge! Witnesse's said AC was not level when it crashed. Did an inflatable boot on one of the leading edges where not inflating to brake ice? Who know's! Disrupted leading edge = non existent lift on a wing! If ice builds up on your leading eadge, you can kiss lift goodbye!

When I read they had freezing rain and fog. Hmmmmmm! Those inflatable boots on the leading edge! Witnesse's said AC was not level when it crashed. Did an inflatable boot on one of the leading edges where not inflating to brake ice? Who know's! Disrupted leading edge = non existent lift on a wing! If ice builds up on your leading eadge, you can kiss lift goodbye!

The difference between regular icing and freezing rain is that regular icing only accumulate on the leading edge then de ice boots can break that ice

Freezing rain fall anywhere in the airplane even past the deice boots so there is no way to break that ice, its for that reason that no airplane is certified to fly in freezing rain

Overall i dont think freezing rain was the problem on this flight, it was probably unexperienced crew and it looks like so far there was no mechanical problem

Ok then, explain me why a Q400 that has inflatable leding edge boots or any other AC can land in freezing rain at CYUL? ;)

They dont... its just sometimes the freezing rain is so minor they don't care going into it for the last 2 minutes of the flight
I can guarantee you there is not a single airplane on the market that is certified for flight into freezing rain

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They dont... its just sometimes the freezing rain is so minor they don't care going into it for the last 2 minutes of the flight
I can guarantee you there is not a single airplane on the market that is certified for flight into freezing rain

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Strange! When we had that funky weather with shitload of freezing rain, AC were taking off and landing at CYUL. De-ice for take off and IPS activated on landing. That pinnacle air Q400 that dropped like a rock in Buffalo would have made it to destination if IPS was activated. Saddly for them, it was too late to activate the IPS!

Icing on a leading edge is a pilots worse nightmare!

Last edited:
Strange! When we had that funky weather with shitload of freezing rain, AC were taking off and landing at CYUL. De-ice for take off and IPS activated on landing. That pinnacle air Q400 that dropped like a rock in Buffalo would have made it to destination if IPS was activated. Saddly for them, it was too late to activate the IPS!

Icing on a leading edge is a pilots worse nightmare!
It was Colgan and icing really wasn't a factor in that crash... It was classic pilot error failing to recover from a stall. The interesting part was how he failed check rides at an alarming rate and the F/O lived in Seattle, had very little sleep due to commuting.

Look up American Eagle 4184

Analysis demonstrates that the airplane had no faillure and was in working order. As soon as the auto-pilot was taken off, the airplane stalled. It was higher and going much faster then it should for this kind of approach. Speculation is ice formed on the wings that are not designed for this type of weather. The auto-pilot was compensating for the ice build-up. When it was taken off, the pilot couldn't emulate what the auto-pilot was doing and the plane fell like a rock.

Back