News: LF-A first deliveries arrive in the U.S.

Well exclusivity seems to work with Audi owners. They don't seem to care that they are paying a max for a souped-up Volkswagen...

Oh yeah, which souped up VW? Except for the A3, none of the current models of Audi share a platform with VW.

lol ! it looks nice and all but 400k for a car thats merely better then a GTR ... i mean cmon !! :dunno:

Well, one could argue that same thing for Porsches too... I mean, a GTR can spank a 200,000$ Porsche. In it's category, nothing can really be compared to the GTR, especially in that price range.

Sports cars makers have had huge markups because of R&D but fortunately a company like Nissan was able to come up and do something as fast if not faster thats twice cheaper. And thats good to kick others asses and make them come out with even more competitive prices and performance.

That's were the LFA bugs me a little... I mean, it's WAY too expensive. If it would've been 250,000$, fine! But at that price, fuck that...

p.s. and I quoted a comment posted by the username "LEXUS"... so don't even try :)

Lol, teasing euro fanboys is so easy :D

People seem to forget that a supercar has a price. It's price might be justify for some or it might not be justify for others. This car's production will be running for a limited time only, so exclusivity definitely has a price. If I had some spare change I'd rather ride in an LF-A rather than a Ferrari which you can see a ton of in Magog only. People don't know shit about cars and once this LF-A will be parked I'm sure it'll cross everyone's attention and all they'll see is the Lexus badge and Toyota wont even come to their mind(even thought it wouldn't mean shit).

I can sell you a stock 1992 corolla...i'll add something to the car that no other car in the world has.
All that for only $800,000 TAX IN! Does that make it exclusive?

are u actually serious with this argument? Is the LF-A exclusive the same way a 92 Corolla with a unique sticker is exclusive?

I know you're a euro fanboy but from your past posts you seemed like an intelligent dude. I wouldn't of expected that argument even from Sparcosoul

there is a guy who bought a gt-r brand new for 80k$... remapped the cpu... boosted turbos to 18 psi and dropped a level 2 launch controll and traps about 126-127 mph in 11,3's.

Guess that makes an LFA way back on 1/4 mile, as track use. That is a wrap on the price tag. The LFA is way overpriced.

Nonetheless it is an awesome machine !!!

oui pour le nom..le prestige ...ce que toyota na pas..

J'avoue que quand tu dépense plus que 200,000$ sur une voiture, tu veux avoir un logo prestigieux pour être sûr de pouvoir être baveux avec tes chums.

C'est vraiment ça le but.

Dude we've all listened to the same Top Gear episode on it. Except a V10 that revs really fast, it doesn't handle any better than a Ferrari 458 which costs HALF it's price... It's made out of carbon fiber, and it sucks because you saw AGAIN the same news article as me and the driver died in a face to face collision with a 3-Series...

Com on stop acting like you know everything around here and admit that it's not that great of a car, especially with the competition that it has right now. If it was that MUCH of a super car, everyone would be drolling over it, yet no one does...

Did you know that Lexus bought it's own carbon fiber weaver (one of only 2 in the world) to be able to weave it to it's own exact specifications?

The engine is a marvel of engineering, it's a V10 that weighs less then the 3.5 V6 they have in the GS350. Almost the entire head is made of titanium.

And the 458 isn't half price, it's about 230k US and the LFA is 375K US.

Also, the Murci costs as much as an LFA and isn't much faster then a 458 so why the hell would anyone buy that? Because it's just about the price, right?

there is a guy who bought a gt-r brand new for 80k$... remapped the cpu... boosted turbos to 18 psi and dropped a level 2 launch controll and traps about 126-127 mph in 11,3's.

Guess that makes an LFA way back on 1/4 mile, as track use. That is a wrap on the price tag. The LFA is way overpriced.

Nonetheless it is an awesome machine !!!

Yeah, because that rich lawyer in NYC who goes out and buys anything over 100k really wants to start playing around with the boost and ECU maps.

:rolleyes:

Anything can beat anything if it's modified.

I think it is worth the money... First of all it cost a lot more to make than they are selling it for and secondly, if you read a little bit about that car you will realize how much though, R&D, engineering and money went into the project.

Did you know that Lexus bought it's own carbon fiber weaver (one of only 2 in the world) to be able to weave it to it's own exact specifications?

The engine is a marvel of engineering, it's a V10 that weighs less then the 3.5 V6 they have in the GS350. Almost the entire head is made of titanium.

And the 458 isn't half price, it's about 230k US and the LFA is 375K US.

Also, the Murci costs as much as an LFA and isn't much faster then a 458 so why the hell would anyone buy that? Because it's just about the price, right?

In the last Top Gear episode, it just got whipped by a Gallardo...... Enough said.... I ain't arguing with you anymore. You're worse than 10 Euro Fanboys put together....

gtr almost as fast and 1/4 the price... now lets see some curve action and well talk... it looks good and all that but i would never be interested, so many other better cars you get for the money

Of course you would never be interested! Man people gotta realize that real sport supercars are for rich fanboys. The 3 persons who bought the LFA must have enough money to buy anything they want. But they want something fast, they like Lexus, they want to be unique, that's why they bought a LFA. I'm also sure they didn't even think that "oh I could get a GTR for less $$ or a Ferrari bla bla bla".

If I've owned Nissan all my life and loved Nissans, then I became a multimillionaire and Nissan starts to sell a new supercar, I will get it no questions asked even though there's a Lexus as fast, with 1/4 of the price.

this super car is going to last forever and require almost no maintenance probably (except brakes , fluid , oil , filters , like common stuffs)

this super car is going to last forever and require almost no maintenance probably (except brakes , fluid , oil , filters , like common stuffs)

Good point. Most reliable supercar ever made for sure!

In the last Top Gear episode, it just got whipped by a Gallardo...... Enough said.... I ain't arguing with you anymore. You're worse than 10 Euro Fanboys put together....

The LP560 did it in 1:19 in the dry. The LFA did it in 1:22 in the wet. They usually add 3 seconds to wet laps. So they are about as fast.

By the way, a Murci SV did it in the same time as a 458 and costs twice as much, WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY AN SV????? OMG!!?????

well , power is not everything i find.

Yes you got 800hp but you never drag. You dont want to race. You appreciate quality and workmanship , you want something unique no one has or rarely has. You've enjoyed japanese engineer in the past and still do.
You hate italian / german engineer because when the rich people were poor, they always broke down and never wanted to start. Not everyone is borned rich.

I think lexus LFA justifies its price in that if you are millionaire.

how would you know that? Besides who gives a fuck about maintenance when you buy a 400k car. LOL

Buying a car for reliability is like going out with a fat chick cuz she wont cheat on you

Yeah, because that rich lawyer in NYC who goes out and buys anything over 100k really wants to start playing around with the boost and ECU maps.

:rolleyes:

Anything can beat anything if it's modified.

C'est un gars d'ici, je jasais avec toutes les semaines à Icar. :bigup:

how would you know that? Besides who gives a fuck about maintenance when you buy a 400k car. LOL

Buying a car for reliability is like going out with a fat chick cuz she wont cheat on you

at one point, if the car is in the garage almost as much as it is on the road, reliability is a factor. For an expensive car it's not the cost that's the problem, it's the time wasted and the fact you're not taking advantage of a car that you payed so much for.

By the way, a Murci SV did it in the same time as a 458 and costs twice as much, WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY AN SV????? OMG!!?????

no one will answer...or if they will they'll come up with the "badge" reason.

To go with the Alex464 reasoning, a Murcielago SV is like an 88 Jetta 1.8 with a little modification that they should ask 900k for.

are u actually serious with this argument? Is the LF-A exclusive the same way a 92 Corolla with a unique sticker is exclusive?

I know you're a euro fanboy but from your past posts you seemed like an intelligent dude. I wouldn't of expected that argument even from Sparcosoul

I am serious man. U can see I love my vee-dubs, but if VW made a $400,000 supercar, I'd disagree with it just as much as with LFA... Lexus has its price range, just like toyota, vw, mazda, ford... and no matter how you look at it and how "exclusive" you are - a lexus simply can't cost that much.

Back