LOL le train de vie des étudiants... Cry me a river.

Je ris des gens qui font un diplome en ingénierie et en droit.

Y'a tellement de monde la dedans que le marché est complétement saturé

Bonne chance pour faire 50k par année lol.

I agree with this. The market is saturated with idiots from engineering that it drives down the salaries of everyone, including the smart and competent ones. Even my program director agreed when I got into this discussion with him.

Being an engineer back in the days meant something and had value, now any schmuck with a slight understanding of math and physics can get through with an excellent GPA of 2.0 and be branded an engineer.

All of my competent friends (GPA 3.5+) ended up getting jobs at 40-48k per year..... for a fucking engineering degree. One friend finished with great distinction (GPA 4.01) and is the one making 48k. I made more at Telus working as a sales rep.......

Its unbelievable how easy the tests are made nowadays and most students still end up failing and then the grades are curved and you end up with the same idiots that shouldnt be in engineering still in the program. And those students then flood the market.

Best example. Dynamics. everyone kept saying its one of the hardest courses in engineering, its very hard, bla bla bla. I ended up getting a B+ and only learned 4 out of 6 chapters for that class. I couldve easily gotten an A+ I just got lazy for the last 1/3 of the semester because of the high grades in the midterms and eventuality that my grade was going to be curved.....

The two midterms for the class, I had ended up top of a 120 student class. I shouldve gotten 70% in the first midterm but because more than half the class failed, grades were boosted and I got into the 90s. Imagine the line of the graph AT LEAST 20% lower...... Thats how the original grades were.

For the second test I got 84%. My grade was then boosted to 100. Once again, imagine the graph with around 20% less for all the grades.

grades.jpg

grades2.jpg

How the fuck can they permit curving grades so much? is it not a possibility that MAYBE at least 50% of the class shouldnt have been allowed to pass, period? What if more than 50% of the class were all idiots?

Everyone wants to become something, but the school system has to understand that everyone cant be something. Theyve dumb down the difficulty of tests, so that most of the class passes but most of the class shouldnt be passing either way..... Because thats what the government wants, they want the students in and out asap and in the meantime the school wants as many students as possible as well. So you end up with a shit load of students with no skills or aptitudes to become an engineer getting pushed through the system asap and the school sucking up the $$$$ while at it.

Last edited:
And it's the shit tier protesting.

This.

I had a drink with a chick a long time ago and she started giving me shit for being in accounting. She kept saying "EWWWW LIKE SOOOOO BORING HOW CAN YOU LIKE THAT?!". Guess what fucking program she's in....Woman Studies at Concordia.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Honestly, what the fuck are you supposed to do with a degree in Womans Studies?!
These shit tier programs provide you with limited options once you graduate. From what I've noticed at Concordia, a lot of shit tier students are there "just to have a bachelors degree, you know, I don't know what I'm doing with my life yet". Some of them stick there for 1-2 semesters to boost their GPAs cause it's easy/retarded as shit then transfer over to another program. Way to spend government subsidies :squintfin.

Like a BAWS!!
Full time student in business administration (was in industrial ingineering before), work 25 to 40 hours a week, have 2 cars and 1 motocycle, dont go out a lot!
Yes, I do live with my father but I 'm currently looking to buy a house/condo and could afford it for sure! And I have friends that have a condo or rent a apartment and they are able to afford their school fees, eat and take vacation... Why? Hint: they f*cking work their asses off and don't waste their freakin money in useless shits.

The problem with majority of students (I said ''majority'') is that they don't want to make any sacrifices and work hard! They want to party and have fun....You're not in a f*cking movie!!!!!!

Good for you, but many people cannot support to work more than 10-15h a week and have good grades at the same time. We are not all as good as you at school or as well organized.

get into mechanical or electrical engineering and see that gpa drop and drop and drop. D for Degree bitch

I have no interest for engineering, so my gpa would obviously drop. My father finished his electrical engineering degree when he was 20 years old though.

I agree with this. The market is saturated with idiots from engineering that it drives down the salaries of everyone, including the smart and competent ones. Even my program director agreed when I got into this discussion with him.

Being an engineer back in the days meant something and had value, now any schmuck with a slight understanding of math and physics can get through with an excellent GPA of 2.0 and be branded an engineer.

All of my competent friends (GPA 3.5+) ended up getting jobs at 40-48k per year..... for a fucking engineering degree. One friend finished with great distinction (GPA 4.01) and is the one making 48k. I made more at Telus working as a sales rep.......

Its unbelievable how easy the tests are made nowadays and most students still end up failing and then the grades are curved and you end up with the same idiots that shouldnt be in engineering still in the program. And those students then flood the market.

Best example. Dynamics. everyone kept saying its one of the hardest courses in engineering, its very hard, bla bla bla. I ended up getting a B+ and only learned 4 out of 6 chapters for that class. I couldve easily gotten an A+ I just got lazy for the last 1/3 of the semester because of the high grades in the midterms and eventuality that my grade was going to be curved.....

The two midterms for the class, I had ended up top of a 120 student class. I shouldve gotten 70% in the first midterm but because more than half the class failed, grades were boosted and I got into the 90s. Imagine the line of the graph AT LEAST 20% lower...... Thats how the original grades were.

For the second test I got 84%. My grade was then boosted to 100. Once again, imagine the graph with around 20% less for all the grades.

grades.jpg

grades2.jpg

How the fuck can they permit curving grades so much? is it not a possibility that MAYBE at least 50% of the class shouldnt have been allowed to pass, period? What if more than 50% of the class were all idiots?

Everyone wants to become something, but the school system has to understand that everyone cant be something. Theyve dumb down the difficulty of tests, so that most of the class passes but most of the class shouldnt be passing either way..... Because thats what the government wants, they want the students in and out asap and in the meantime the school wants as many students as possible as well. So you end up with a shit load of students with no skills or aptitudes to become an engineer getting pushed through the system asap and the school sucking up the $$$$ while at it.

Dynamic is the hardest physics in engineering? are you for real? That shit is the easiest lololol!! I never went to any of the classes and I ended up with 92% average A+ just by watching www.khanacademy.org videos..., you then have physics waves, electrostatic and magnetic fields, FLUIDS mechanics....the test are not easier but they do adjust the average which i find is stupid. Again the question in what did you graduate in and where? You're salary is not only reflected upon you scholar performance but also who you are and what you can do outside of school as a person. If you're a stuck up, doesn't matter if you're a big genius, companies will just use you for cheap.

Shit tier should not exist and should not be subsidized whatsoever. It is a total waste of money and resources and usually collects the most idiotic of students.

I am in Poli Sci and Jesus Christ you are right... I honestly can't stand the retards who waste 1/3 of class time trying to prove their opinions and views. That being said, there is nothing wrong with these departments, but they don't necessarily lead to rapid employment.

As for me, I'm a full time student, work 25 hours a week, have a shitty car, but spend a lot on beer/traveling/fishing and have a great summer, always. Life could be worse, but lots of students just don't have their priorities straight.

-j'ai des paiments d'auto
-Je fais aux moins 1 voyages par année
-Je sors quand même souvent
-va au resto aux moins 3 fois par semaine
-à part mon auto, j'ai 0 dette

J'ai paye tout mes dépense et même mon éducation. Je me fais un budget that's it. Je travaille 20 hrs semaine et gagne 15$/heure.

Et je suis 100% pour l'augmentation des frais de scolarité! Si c'est pour améliorer le niveau d'étude.

Problem?

ya right tu paye pour tout sa ake 1200$ par mois.

Tu paye quoi 100$ par mois pour ton auto, je considere pas sa comme un payement d'auto ? 5$ par annee pour l'assurance ? l'essence c gratuit ? pneu d'hiver gratuit aussi ? reparation c toi qui fabric les pieces pis les instals ? les plaques ? permis de conduire ? gratuit tout sa par chez vous ?

Comme alain as dit t'as pas de loyer as payer ? de l'epicerie ? livre d'ecole ? vetement ? l'universiter c gratuit pour toi ? as 300$ le cours je voie mal comment tu fait sa sans prendre un pret etudiant

Quand tu dit tu sors dans les resto , tu fait le monde payer pour toi ou bien tu vas au mcdees pis as belle province

Quand tu dit je sors souvent ? tu veux dire tu vas prendre une marche sur st-cath pis tu window shop sans depenser 1$ ?

Je connais du monde qui touche 15$ de l'heure full time pis sont pas capable de finir les mois donc sont obliger d'avoir un coloc so je voie mal comment tu fait tout sa ake 1200$ par mois

what planet to you live on???? LOLOL political science + law and psychology most sucessful!?!?!?! babahhahaahha, most people i know in thoses fiels have no jobs or shitty ones.

All the jobless people you know who studied law either:

1) Graduated below median and looked like dumbasses in front of firms.
2) Went to UQAM and tried to shoot for the moon (Aka only applying to big firms).
3) Tried to get into a very small and closed industry such as entertainment law/sports law/some other fancy shit and failed miserably due to lack of connections.

Last edited:
en ingénierie saturé????????? t con ou quoi? Ta étudié en quoi? ressource humaines? Je commence en génie des technologies de l'informatioin avec 60k facilement et le salaire moyen apres 10 ans c'est 107k par an...l'informatique c'est le domaine apres la médecine qui grandit le plus..ce sont les jobs de demain

En plus les ingénieurs sont souvent refusé pour les jobs de technicien parce qu'ils sont a chier pour utiliser leurs mains.

I have a DEC in génie électrique système ordiné and almost done with computer eng. and compagnies are lining up for us, even tough i get bad grades i dont give a rat ass as long as i ahve my degree i already showed during my internship that i can do the job alot better than any guys with A+ average GPA because of my tech skills and my personnality.

Computer and electric engineering are far far far from being saturated.

I have a DEC in génie électrique système ordiné and almost done with computer eng. and compagnies are lining up for us, even tough i get bad grades i dont give a rat ass as long as i ahve my degree i already showed during my internship that i can do the job alot better than any guys with A+ average GPA because of my tech skills and my personnality.

Computer and electric engineering are far far far from being saturated.

he's mad cuz there's no jobs in his field

lol aux statistique de l'ordre des crosseurs du québec. Facile de dire n'importe quoi pour avoir encore plus de cotisation

J'en connais plein de jeune de L'ÉTS qui ont pas de job plus de 1 an après avoir terminé.

Woah, pcq ils ne veulent pas. Ils ont un excellent taux de placement.
+ c'est ceux qui ont le moins de frais "cachés'' que les autres université.

Et C'EST une des seule université au QC qui N'EST pas en déficite!

Pourquoi? Paece qu'ils ont une bonne gestion. Ils ne sont presque plus dépendant de l'UQUAM.

Donc, oui pour l'augmentation des frais, MAIS à condition de revoir leur gestion de MERDE.

Moi aussi je vie ma petite vie de ouate sans que mes parents m'aides. Je loue un duplexe + 2 chars et je ne prive pas.
Je travail à la même place depuis que j'Ai 15ans et je tiens mes notes. Je commence la maitrise. Et je suis pas morts.

Moi aussi je vois pas mal d'étudiants avec iphone, mac etc... Faites moi pleurer.

Il y a des exceptions, ceux qui ont de la difficulté, mais ya les prêts et bourse. Faites moi croire que les 200 000 étudiants qui manifestent ont de la difficulter à arriver. BULLSHIT, buttez vous le cul!

À l'ÉTS tout est fonctionnel, et rien d'extravagant comme les autres universités. C'est sa qui me choque le plus; Les universités se construisent des pavillon loin de l'université maire, même si il y a déjà une universités près de cet endroit. Un autre exemple c'est le nouveau campus de Concordia, construit à grand coup de million (surment centaines) pour faire plus beaux. Des salle de repos avec des mobiliers de cuirs ici et la, des pièce, en marbre, verre, bois, etc... Tout sa coute une fortune et ne sert absolument à rien. Moi je suis à l'ÉTS tout est fait pour l'éducation, c'est tout.

ya right tu paye pour tout sa ake 1200$ par mois.

Tu paye quoi 100$ par mois pour ton auto, je considere pas sa comme un payement d'auto ? 5$ par annee pour l'assurance ? l'essence c gratuit ? pneu d'hiver gratuit aussi ? reparation c toi qui fabric les pieces pis les instals ? les plaques ? permis de conduire ? gratuit tout sa par chez vous ?

Comme alain as dit t'as pas de loyer as payer ? de l'epicerie ? livre d'ecole ? vetement ? l'universiter c gratuit pour toi ? as 300$ le cours je voie mal comment tu fait sa sans prendre un pret etudiant

Quand tu dit tu sors dans les resto , tu fait le monde payer pour toi ou bien tu vas au mcdees pis as belle province

Quand tu dit je sors souvent ? tu veux dire tu vas prendre une marche sur st-cath pis tu window shop sans depenser 1$ ?

Je connais du monde qui touche 15$ de l'heure full time pis sont pas capable de finir les mois donc sont obliger d'avoir un coloc so je voie mal comment tu fait tout sa ake 1200$ par mois

Le jeune homme a oublié de préciser qu'il vit encore chez papa et maman.

À l'ÉTS tout est fonctionnel, et rien d'extravagant comme les autres universités. C'est sa qui me choque le plus; Les universités se construisent des pavillon loin de l'université maire, même si il y a déjà une universités près de cet endroit. Un autre exemple c'est le nouveau campus de Concordia, construit à grand coup de million (surment centaines) pour faire plus beaux. Des salle de repos avec des mobiliers de cuirs ici et la, des pièce, en marbre, verre, bois, etc... Tout sa coute une fortune et ne sert absolument à rien. Moi je suis à l'ÉTS tout est fait pour l'éducation, c'est tout.

C'est pareil dans les 3/4 des pavillons, j'ai eu un cours au pavillon de réadaptation de l'UdeM sur avenue du parc (un de leurs derniers je crois) et c'est pas mal cheap et économique leurs locaux, à mon école l'architecture est plus soignée mais ils laissent ça dépérir et il y a pas concierge pour nos ateliers, faut qu'on passe le balai soit même...

Last edited:
Je ris des gens qui font un diplome en ingénierie et en droit.

Y'a tellement de monde la dedans que le marché est complétement saturé

Bonne chance pour faire 50k par année lol.

Pas la peine de dire que tu parles vraiment à travers ton chapeau. Au contraire, d'ici les 5 prochaines années, il y aura une pénurie en génie.
Depuis le début de l'année, donc 4 semaines, j'ai déjà été sollicité 2 fois par d'autres compagnies pour aller travailler pour eux. Donc je manque pas vraiment de job en ce moment.

Comme il a été dit, les baby boomers commencent à prendre leurs retraite, sans compter qu'il y a eu des creux aux nombres d'admission dans plusieurs domaines du génie dans les dernières années.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm assuming that everyone is missing the point once again.

The tuition fee problem has nothing to do with how much some people feel students should be able to pay, but everything to do with the gross mismanagement of funds by school administrators.

The reason informed students don't want to pay higher tuition isn't because they are too poor, it's because they know that it will not bring them anything more. The money will be either stolen or wasted by the school administrators who have the money management skills of Montreal's city hall.

Il va falloir mettre au chose au clair ici. Arrêtez de penser que dès qu'une personnes sort du génie qu'il va faire 100K$/an.

Primo, quand tu finis l'université, tu as encore 2 à 3 ans (dépendant de ton parcours) avant de devenir ingénieur. Bref pendant se temps, ta valeur marchande est moindre.

Secondo, quand tu sors de l'université, on se le cachera pas, tu connais "rien". Dans les sens que tu vas pas tomber du jour au lendemain comme directeur d'usine ou premier conseiller développement produits. Tu vas avoir à faire tes classes dans la vraie vie, avec de vrais budgets, avec de vraies conséquences... donc tu vas commencer avec de la job de marde, avec un salaire de marde. 40-50K$

Tertio, ton salaire de 48K$ à vendre des cellulaires, il est pas mal dans le haut de la courbe, tu vas pas augmenter des masses après ça. Dans ces premières années un ingénieur peu aller chercher environ 8 à 10% d'augmentation par an. C'est avec le temps que sa devient intéressant. Surtout que tu n'as pas que le salaire, avec le temps vient la possibilité d'avoir le choix de ton emploie, et ça, selon moi ça a une certaine valeur.

By the way, j'en connais des gars qui font 85K$ en sortant, mais a tout les 3 mois tu vas changer de places (Texas, B.C., Alberta), tu vas être loin de ta famille, tu vas travailler 12h/jour dans un trou à l'autre bout du monde. C'est un choix à faire.

Last edited:
il va falloir mettre au chose au clair ici. Arrêtez de penser que dès qu'une personnes sort du génie qu'il va faire 100k$/an.

Primo, quand tu finis l'université, tu as encore 2 à 3 ans (dépendant de ton parcours) avant de devenir ingénieur. Bref pendant se temps, ta valeur marchande est moindre.

Secondo, quand tu sorts de l'université, on se le cachera pas, tu connais "rien". Dans les sens que tu vas pas tomber du jour au lendemain comme directeur d'usine ou premier conseiller développement produits. Tu vas avoir à faire tes classes dans la vraie vie, avec de vrais budgets, avec de vraies conséquences... Donc tu va commencer avec de la job de marde, avec un salaire de marde. 40-50k$

tertio, ton salaire de 48k$ à vendre des cellulaires, il est pas mal dans le haut de la courbe, tu vas pas augmenter des masse après ça. Dans ces premières années un ingénieur peu allé chercher environ 8 à 10% d'augmentation par an. C'est avec le temps que sa devient intéressant. Surtout que tu n'as pas que le salaire, avec le temps vient la possibilité d'avoir le choix de ton emploie, et ça, selon moi ça a une certaine valeur.

By the way, j'en connais des gars qui font 85k$ en sortant, mais a tous les 3 mois tu vas changer de places (texas, b.c., alberta), tu vas être loin de ta famille, tu vas travailler 12h/jour dans un trou à l'autre bout du monde. C'est un choix à faire.

amen!

Back