My trip to Chernobyl, Ukraine. Site of the 1986 nuclear disater UPDATE P.11 More pics

wow lw beaot yard c'est nice. Les bateau qui sont la ont servie a quoi ??? transporter du materiel contaminée ???

All those trees growing backand taking over the city makes me think of I am Legend...

good.

WOW finalement :)

Faudrait faire un trip MontrealRacing là lol... ca serait trop fou qu'importe ce que ca me coute osti que j'aimerais ça allez visiter d'aussi prêt que toi.

Wow je viens juste de lire toooooooooooout le thread! Je conaissais déjà l'histoire de Chernobyl mais j'avais jamais vu d'aussi belles photos! Wow sérieux merci pour ton partage d'info! Big Rep!!*tu*

Thanks for the updates Dennis!

I was wondering .... That church , can we go inside or was it locked ?

112.jpg

Je rêve d'aller faire un documentaire là-bas avec des anciens résidents... si ça arrive... je saurai qui contacter à MTL :)

Thanks for the updates Dennis!

I was wondering .... That church , can we go inside or was it locked ?

The church is fully operational. Notice that it is relatively well taken care of...Grass is cut and the paint isint peeling. This is not a church in prypiat or anything. It is a church in the village of Chernobyl which is within the 30KM Zone but not within th 15KM zone. As I mentioned previously somewhere in the thread. There is a few hundred people that live in this village, there is even a little store.

thx for the new pics. I never planned on going there, but with your pictures I feel like I would be terribly missing out if I didn't.

So how much would it cost me to come with you and when? I'm totally up for such a trip!

It would cost you a plane ticket to Kiev, Ukraine.
I guess if you are really serious about this i can arrange for you to sleep somewhere for 2-3 days in Kiev.
Other than that, i guess bring some cash for your personal expenses.
+100USD or so for the trip to the Zone.

Afterwards, i would strongly suggest you visit Kiev and maybe visit other cities in Eastern Europe. Moscow, St-Petersburg, Kiev, L'viv, Krakow, Auschwich, Warsaw, Prague, etc...Lots to see!

Hey if your a nice guy, maybe we can travel together as i really want to go to Moscow and St-Petersburg since I have never been there.

PS: Your Photography is Breath taking/Mind blowing/Amazing...i dont even know what to say. I would love to see the pictures you would take if you were in Chernobyl.

PPS: The guy you see on the pictures with the stripped shirt, he too is an avid photographer! He had some pretty crazy ass cameras and lenses with him but he was mostly taking pictures with a film camera thus I wouldn't get the pictures he took. I asked my uncle to see if it is possible to get that film from him, he said he would find out. Hopefully I can get it as I haven't seen his pics yet. If I do get it, I will definitely post more pics.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Sorry Guys...I'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

Hello, Stalker... heh j/k. This is is an amazing thread man, thanks for sharing the pics. I don't know what camera you're using but the colour in those pictures is SO vivid. Maybe I missed this in the 11 pages of thread, but do you have these posted in album form somewhere, like flikr?

This is by far the most amazing thread , the pictures gave me chills ..such a ghost town ..your so brave for going there and sharing all the info and pics with us ..
thank you again !

Hello, Stalker... heh j/k. This is is an amazing thread man, thanks for sharing the pics. I don't know what camera you're using but the colour in those pictures is SO vivid. Maybe I missed this in the 11 pages of thread, but do you have these posted in album form somewhere, like flikr?

I dont have them posted anywhere else! Sorry

Back