Road signs confusions on Champlains bridge

gerabibas13

So I just got pulled over passing the Champlain bridge.
This is what happened:
There was road works on the left lane and there was the X, like on Jacques Carrtier.
The road works where only on like 200m and after the construction there was the sign fin/end. So I went in the left lane , r cars in front in the middle the pigs where there...
My question is can I go to court saying that there was confusion on road work signs?
Because its illogic that there is the sign end/fin but the lane is still closed and plus I wasn't the only one on the left lane....

So I end up with the $161 ticket...
Thanks

The lane could be closed for other reasons. Just because that construction site ended doesn't mean that the lane was safe to be in.

You will lose in court.

But still 25% the time the signalisation dosent even work... And what else could be except road works on this bridge

Doesn't matter, if there's a red X, you are not allowed in that lane. There's no grey here, it's black and white.

Sucks but logik is right.

Judge will tell you that the "FIN/END" could be for the construction, and the "X" could be for an accident or stalled car up ahead. You will probably lose.

Ce n'est pas une question de Quebec gonna Quebec, si la voie a un X rouge, tu n'as pas le droit de rouler... pas compliqué!

Yes I agree, but when there's is like 20 cars on the lane, and people are driving 100-120 kph and they obviously need to stop the most vulnerable.
Anyways pigs going to stay pigs for me

Wait wait wait, so you went IN the lane where there is a red X over it, after the contruction work?

I agree that in that particular case its just taxation (security wise, since there was nothing after it) but the way the system work is they can't close portions of the lane, when they close a lane, the entire lane has a red X over it.

Its black and white like logik said. Sorry.

That's the problem sometimes they do it some time they don't.
Like there is maybe 6-7 panels with the arrow or the X.
And sometimes if there is partial works they turn on the X on 3 panels and after the green arrow comes back .... But me I was between two panels so I guess I took a chance and I got fucked lol.

Back