The What are you Wearing Tonight / Fashion Advice Thread

checkout http://frankandoak.com
new montreal company

every month they have a new collection
everything is under 50$
it's not the best quality stuff but the price and service is great

I haven't bought anything off the site yet but I've heard good things. For more "regular" apparel I've been using Jackthreads a lot. There's a lot of garbage on that site but it's worth searching for gems.

Great Pants!

http://www.bonobos.com/

These guys make very cool clothes, I say pants specifically because whether its Jeans, dress pants, etc, they focus on men with a more athletic build...thats how they started.

I got quads like a soccer player so buying pants off the rack is a bitch sometimes

What the fuck is with this frankandoak? I want to buy something and it's telling me I can't because registration is limited. Assholes

Fucking love this thread.

tumblr_m0rg4iSYGD1r2vb1bo1_400.jpg

JEANS JEANS JEANS

Do you guys like raw denim?
before/after
nudies009.jpg

You wear them for 6 month 1 year without ever washing them. Then you wash them and you have a custom wash that fits your body and movements.

Im breaking in some naked and famous selvedge jap denim right now, I had them for 6 months and I can see the wrinkles where the wash will be most apparent. I have to push them a little bit more before washing them.

Fucking love raw denim

You don't wash your pants for a year? Seriously? I mean I don't wash them every day.....but come on....

All I wear is raw denim, I have:

- A.P.C. Rescue, blue (3 years, 1 soak, 1 hand wash)
- 3sixteen ST-211, overdyed black (2 years, 1 hand wash, 1 wash)

I don't wear these every day, but 2-3 times a week. The A.P.C's have like no good wear, dunno what I did wrong, but the overdye on the 3sixteens is pretty much all gone and the jeans are blue now.

I'm probably gonna get the Naked & Famous 22oz Elephant's next.

I only wear hand dyed indigo that I get from fat people in NYC harbours. Paid $3k for it, ended up not buying some pleathers.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance; please aware me on RD

Raw denim is just high quality denim (normally Japanese or American cotton) that's dyed in indigo (sometimes sanforized or starched as well) and then sold without any more modifications. Most of the time they're selvedge as well, which is a stronger construction of stitch for the main seam of the jeans. The recommendation is to wear a pair of raw denim jeans for 6 months to 1 year without washing them at all so that the jeans mold to your body and distress uniquely to your shape. Some people work in them, go to the beach in them (swim in the ocean for a natural stone wash), etc... Generally the rule of thumb is that if they smell like shit or they get really dirty, just fucking wash them.

Compared this to regular denim or "premium" denim, which use cheaper quality cotton, wash them after they're died, and distress them at the factory, before they are sold.

They usully by the denim in japan (best denim ever) then dye it with a blue indigo dye. Dry it and sell it.

Usually, when you buy reagular denim pants(often time called jeans) the the dyed denim is already washed and some wear pattern has been applied(paler lines following the line where the jeans should wrinkle when you move).

The raw denim let's you break in your pants and have those wear marks appear naturaly, conforming your anatomy and mouvements.

check out raw denim selvedge on wiki

edit: Munchy beat me to it

You don't wash your pants for a year? Seriously? I mean I don't wash them every day.....but come on....

It's not as bad as you would think. Unless you have severe sweat issues and can't keep yourself from dropping food onto everything it's actually very easy. When you fee like they're not as "fresh" you pack them in a ziploc bag with some baking soda and set them in the freezer for a couple days. They come out smelling fresh :)

It's also a little more complicated then just "not washing them", you're supposed to wear them a certain way, do certain things with them with the ultimate goal of creating a customized fade and fit that's "you". An example is always putting your phone in the same pocket = Cellphone edges faded into the denim.

JEANS JEANS JEANS

Do you guys like raw denim?
before/after
nudies009.jpg

You wear them for 6 month 1 year without ever washing them. Then you wash them and you have a custom wash that fits your body and movements.

Im breaking in some naked and famous selvedge jap denim right now, I had them for 6 months and I can see the wrinkles where the wash will be most apparent. I have to push them a little bit more before washing them.

Fucking love raw denim

If you're going to be investing in a pricey pair of RD jeans, do yourself a favor and get the correct length. The worn-out edges really look terrible.

If you're going to be investing in a pricey pair of RD jeans, do yourself a favor and get the correct length. The worn-out edges really look terrible.

Raw denim is almost ALWAYS sold in 36" or 37" inseam (which works if you're 6'5").

You need to get them hemmed or cuff them up if you're worried about fraying the bottom.

Most people don't get them hemmed and stack them to get that wear look at the bottom of the jeans.

58777a

Back