Feature Article: Une Industrie Malade - Hard Times for the Tuning Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'est moi qui a écrit l'article, j'ai hâte de connâitre vos commentaires.

Its time to pick up a new hobby and stop being such a dork.

I'm sorry that I didn't support your mecca's of car parts, i'm sorry I Didnt care about some stupid shitty show full of riced up jap shit that absolutely HAVE to modify with the ugliest, flashiest, most un-suttle garbage available at insane prices.

Maybe its time you realize no one wants their cars to look like flashy sacks of shit with 20 inch chrome wheels and fart cans that will wake up the dead and stickers to display every overpriced parts producer and 4000 pounds of sound system crap, all the meanwhile that NONE of it holds ANY Appreciating value.

seriously, grow up. how old are you?

Wow, quel génie!

c'est pas le tuning qui est malade, c'est léconomie globale.

C'est évident que l'industrie du commerce au détail est toujours touchée en premier, ca prend pas un doctorat en finance pour comprendre ca!

Quand t'a plus d'argent pour payer ton loyer, ta nourriture et ton gaz tu va pas aller te mettre des mags 20'' sur ton char...

Je travaille dans l'électronique et on le voit tout de suite, ce qu'on vend c'est du luxe, personne a absolument besoin d'une télé 52'' pour vivre ...

Les gens coupent toujours en premier sur ces truc la, bébelles, resto etc..

Je pense juste que la scene à évoluer et c,est assagie. Beaucoup de mes amis qui avaient des civic swapé ou des protégés turbo. maintenant ils achètent des mazdaspeed ou des wrx neuves. Tu peux acheter dwes autos performantes et pratiques neuves pour le prix que tu mettrais en modifs dans un vieux char.

Pour ce qui est des shows je crois qu'il n'y a plus de marché pour montrer des civics avec des portes lambos et des néons. le mondent veulent voir du Hight End et des vrai bolide mais quand tu leurs en présentent bah ils ons déja laché l'idée d'aller voir le show. Cette année au SCP il y avais moin de char mais moin de chars qu'ons veux pas voir et plus de vrai bolide. saud que le monde qui s'attendais a voir de vrai chars sont rester chez eux et ceux qui voulaient voir des bebelles bah ils ons étés décu.

Pour les shop, je ne veux pas ètre platte mais les shops au Québec qui vendent beaucoup de pièces de qualités sont rare. Ils se concentrent maintenant plus sur le marché de la copie et ils te vendent le stock en te disant que tu vas avoir l'air cool pareil avec.

Essaie de commander des mags Volk Racing au Québec, des vrai Volks pas des copies. Tu auras pas grand shops qui vons etre capable de t'avoir les mags a un bon prix, vas voir sur internet maintenant, les grandes shops de californie peuvent te les vendre pour la moitié du prix shipping et dédouanage inclus.

Je pense que la scene du tuning vas toujours rester, c,est juste qu'un jours il vas rester que les vrai passionner et qu'ils vas faloir traverser les lignes pour assister a de gros événements.

Sur ce, la croissance en popularité du Drift Mania et le calibre de compétition m'enpèche de penser que l'industrie du tuning vas mal au Québec.

Pour ce qui est de Québec tuning, c'est juste que depuis la fusion avec TAP la qualité du magasine à diminuer de beaucoup et que si je veux lire un article sur la nouvelle skyline de l'année j'ai juste à ouvrir le journal ou d'acheter le guide de l,auto aulieu d'acheter une revue qui vas me dire la même chose que les autres.

SCP is crap, I looked at the pictures and there was like maybe 5 really nice cars and 10 ok cars, the rest were garbage.

Lapping is only expensive if you want to wow everybody with your "race car". If you are in it just to have fun, it doesn't cost much at ALL! Most people think to have fun you need the car. I can't explain how much I disagree. I have had more fun this season driving a $400 car on the track than I have the past few years driving nicer, more powerful cars. Telling people that you need to invest a lot for results is TOTAL bs...

Like its been said, I think the tuning scene in general is dying mostly because the kids who were pulled into by the FnF are now growing older and drifting away from it. The people still left in the scene will be the passionate ones, and its just better like that.

Yeah, you are totaly right at a certain point...but did you try other tracks like Tremblant? Calabooggie? Or even Sanair? Those tracks are bigger than St-Eustache and depending of the way you want to success in lapping/time attack, something you don't have enough of a $400 car.

I saw you doing amazing things this summer with your shitbox, I can't beleive it. You kicked ass so many time :) But if you want to go somewhere else or to compete unfortunately your car will probably not be "good" enough, even if you are a sick driver.

I am 100% with you when you are saying that the car doesn't matter when you are doing lapping for fun, once a week...the driver is the most important thing. Like you, I beat a lot of much more powerful cars with my little car, it's all about "lines".....but if I want to bring my car on a circuit like Tremblant and if I want good results and be competitive, then I have two options: change my car or supercharged it ;)

Ce n'est jamais qu'un facteur. C'est une multitude de facteurs et je ne veut pas répéter ce que tout le monde on déja dit ici.

Je voudrait juste apporter mon opinion sur les lois de notre chere madame boulette. Je suis sur et certain que cela affecte un certain % de personne aimant le tuning coté performance. A quoi ca sert d'avoir un char de 400hp pour ne le pousser qu'UNIQUEMENT sur la trac une fin de semaine par mois car si on se fait pogner sur l'autoroute, on obtient une amande completement démesuré et littéralement RI DI CU LE. De plus nos chere policier n'aide pas toujours notre cause meme si on sait tres bien que plusieurs d'entre eux trouve que les nouvelles lois n'ont pas d'allure.

Donc moi meme j'ai bien faillit perdre la passion uniquement a cause de cela mais je refuse de perdre ma passion uniquement a cause d'une mere de famille no-where qui ne conduit meme pas par elle meme pour se rendre au bureau.

Yeah, you are totaly right at a certain point...but did you try other tracks like Tremblant? Calabooggie? Or even Sanair? Those tracks are bigger than St-Eustache and depending of the way you want to success in lapping/time attack, something you don't have enough of a $400 car.

I saw you doing amazing things this summer with your shitbox, I can't beleive it. You kicked ass so many time :) But if you want to go somewhere else or to compete unfortunately your car will probably not be "good" enough, even if you are a sick driver.

I am 100% with you when you are saying that the car doesn't matter when you are doing lapping for fun, once a week...the driver is the most important thing. Like you, I beat a lot of much more powerful cars with my little car, it's all about "lines".....but if I want to bring my car on a circuit like Tremblant and if I want good results and be competitive, then I have two options: change my car or supercharged it ;)

loll. I haven't tried Calabogie or Tremblant, didn't get a chance to this year :(, but I have done Sanair every chance I can. And believe me, you don't need a "better" car. I was having fun with a C5 Corvette Z06 in my Accord at Sanair on both the tri-oval and the road course. (You can ask Tennis160 or Fuzz who were both there if you don't believe me), and not to mention a Sentra with a Pulsar GTi-R motor when the Accord was 100% stock, just with springs.

I was at Sanair 3-4 weeks ago and was lapping consistently faster than an Accord like mine, and a newb in a K20 Civic, and this was in my Shitbox!

And while we are on the subject, you throw the word "competitive" around like it means the world...how many competitions have you been to? (I am not trying to hate or brag, just making a point) Like I said in my other post, there are not many entry level forms of motor sport in Quebec to begin with. The Driftthing Time Attack is the farthest thing from any sort of competition. On their website they break things into classes and what not, but when you are there, a stop watch? I mean comon'! Its for fun at best...

EDIT: Either way, whatever you might think about being "competitive", we are talking about tuning here...so the street scene. Competing in my head is a form of racing, which is not at all the same thing as tuning...

Last edited:
Wow, quel génie!

c'est pas le tuning qui est malade, c'est léconomie globale.

C'est évident que l'industrie du commerce au détail est toujours touchée en premier, ca prend pas un doctorat en finance pour comprendre ca!

Quand t'a plus d'argent pour payer ton loyer, ta nourriture et ton gaz tu va pas aller te mettre des mags 20'' sur ton char...

Je travaille dans l'électronique et on le voit tout de suite, ce qu'on vend c'est du luxe, personne a absolument besoin d'une télé 52'' pour vivre ...

Les gens coupent toujours en premier sur ces truc la, bébelles, resto etc..

agreed! It's true, alot of companies are closing down right now (not only performance shops)... so for sure SCP and QT are going to get hit too!

People are growing up its as simple as that...

True... Younger, you want to have everything on your car but as you grow up and priorities change and you end up doing less or only the essential that a tuner needs, better yet instead of wasting money on endless modifications on a crappy car some straight up buy a new car that's more reliable and comes with the performance that he needs from the factory.

Pour le tuning bebelle(j'aime bien l'expression), je suis juste content que ca soit sur la fin et je crois que les show vont devoir revoir leurs facon de faire. Payer 25$++(entré, parking, bouffe) pour voir des chars stationné et des filles souvent très ordinaires(sauf exceptions) c'est normal que ca marche pas étennellement.

Pour ma part avec le prix du gaz qu'on a vécu cet été et les nouvelles lois sur la vitesse ca ne me donne pas le gout de modifier un char.

je suis d accord en partie avec le texte avec les pieces made in china mais j ai un mot a dire si tu peut sauver 20% d une pieces pareil que je veut acheter sur e bay versus le garage ou speed shop d acote c est sur que je ne payerai pas plus je cherche deja mes cent noir tant qu a moi c est de faire moi de profit mais vendre plus et ce qui est de quebec tuning ou le scp les mem chars qui revienne chaque annee je croit qu ont sait deja ce qui il ont fait du nouveaux fait toujours du bien nouvelle activite par exemple car chaque annee que j y vais c est les meme vehiculle et ce qui est pour quebec tuning plus d article et moins de publiceite et variere les autos pas l auto du chum de mon chum ceci est une critique constructive et non de chialage et lache pas pareil il doit avoir du monde pour maintenir l industrie

I guess the tuning scene reflects the big picture of our dwindling economy that the politicians are too afraid to tell us, something I have known for the past 4 years.

...but then again the tuning scene is really picking up elsewhere like no where else with a mere 3 million new cars a month added on the road and a "bad growth rate" of just 9.5% for 2009 ! ...LoL

Some companies know where the market is, the demand is just too small in Canada, we be happy if we sell a million cars a year combined. Apate might know how many cars we sell altogether here in Canada ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1VcU3Mfdc"]YouTube - Meguiar's at the Fuzhou Tuning Car Show[/ame]

I agree with china statements. They can pretty much take anything and replicated. And let's face it... most car parts are easily replicated so it's just a matter of time before all the major players are killed off by the chinese. combine that with people who wanna save a buck and you can pretty much expect the whole industry to be killed.

Ce qui a fait baisser le tuning c'est les char mal fait* car ils ont fait baisser la valeur des voitures bien faites.

Personne ne peut nier qu'Ebay et certains site internet ont contribué a baisser le niveau de qualité, ainsi que certaines shops.

*Partir d'un char fini (rouiller), vouloir faire un set up de X $ avec 0,5X $, finition baclé, set-up qui sort du HP mais qui pete et fait 50 000 bruit bizare et etc

loll. I haven't tried Calabogie or Tremblant, didn't get a chance to this year :(, but I have done Sanair every chance I can. And believe me, you don't need a "better" car. I was having fun with a C5 Corvette Z06 in my Accord at Sanair on both the tri-oval and the road course. (You can ask Tennis160 or Fuzz who were both there if you don't believe me), and not to mention a Sentra with a Pulsar GTi-R motor when the Accord was 100% stock, just with springs.

I was at Sanair 3-4 weeks ago and was lapping consistently faster than an Accord like mine, and a newb in a K20 Civic, and this was in my Shitbox!

And while we are on the subject, you throw the word "competitive" around like it means the world...how many competitions have you been to? (I am not trying to hate or brag, just making a point) Like I said in my other post, there are not many entry level forms of motor sport in Quebec to begin with. The Driftthing Time Attack is the farthest thing from any sort of competition. On their website they break things into classes and what not, but when you are there, a stop watch? I mean comon'! Its for fun at best...

EDIT: Either way, whatever you might think about being "competitive", we are talking about tuning here...so the street scene. Competing in my head is a form of racing, which is not at all the same thing as tuning...
I believe you dont worry ;) I saw how you drive and I wish I could...but....

I was supposed to try Calabogie and Tremblant this summer...unfortunately I didn't....

I didn't do any competition yet...because, as you said, there is "none" here...(unfortunately)...

My point was; you could probably do a better time if you were in a car that has been modified for lapping than in your shitbox...maybe I'm wrong, but those pieces (like suspension, roll bar etc.) arent made for nothing, no? I'm just asking...as you know, my car is stock too...(tires and springs, not a big deal)...but I see my bf's time getting better each time he put something new (relating to lapping) on his car. Only the roll bar and his Mazdaspeed coils over did a huge difference....

I hope you are not thinking I don't want to understand what you mean, but...I see it in a different way.

N-e-ways :) I need a ride with you ;)

*Edit: the way I understand his article, tuning is used as a general matter here...not only for "ricer" mods....

Un bel exemple serait sans doute les coils over.....je suis moi même coupable!! On met des springs dans le but d'abaisser l'auto...mais il n'y a aucune performance qui est acquise, ou du moins, rien de vraiment notable....alors que dès le début, on aurait pu investir dans un bon kit de coils over, plutôt que de se compliquer la vie à changer de spings et de shocks pour économiser quoi....200$ à 300$ au bout du compte?

Généralise pas ma belle.
Mettre des springs sans rien d'autre c'est vraiment pas penser loin.
Mais vrai, des jeunes ados sans têtes pensent pas aux futurs et veulent tout de suites que leur char soit "full hot dans l'vent". Dans mon cas, j'ai toujours investit de bonne façon dans mon auto et je récolte les fruits à chaque jour de l'été. J'ai rien contre le monde du tuning qui s'affaiblit, sa va faire moins de wannabe rice and furious et peut-être du même coup moins d'accidents sur nos routes.

La scène n'est pas mort ....

Les tuners se tourne simplement vers de nouveaux "channel".

Québec Tuning semble avoir un recul ... mais UrbanRacer.com on pu avoir 2 booth à SCP + des commenditaire sur leur site + du méga contentu.

DMCC planifie d'avoir plus de round l'an prochain et Formula D gagne de l'ampleur.

RedBull parte une nouvelle série de Drift avec des Round dans le monde entier.

Beaucuop de tuners acheteent leur pièce en ligne. Pkoi ? pcq on paie moin chère, on trouve qu'est ce que l'on veut plus vite. Too bad pour les shops au Québec. Payer vous un programmeur, un certificat SSL pi un consultant en SEM ( genre moi ) pi là vous serez dans la même ligue que les autres.

Au Québec .... on est en retard. On peut rarement acheter nos pièce en ligne ou même voir quels sont les pièces disponibles. Je félicite Overdose performance d'avoir entrepris cette voie.

Québec Tuning...oublié l'imprimé. C'est fini. On ne peut pas mesurer la performance imprimé comparativement à une campagne de marketing sur Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back