Article: VW Passat BlueMotion - 2 464km Full Tank . (Guinness World Records)

A 2010 Civic is like 2700lbs, that Passat is like 3500lbs, it won't be the same speed. lol

2010 Civic = 2700lbs, 140hp 128lb-ft torque
Passat 1.6L TDI = 3300lbs, 105hp 185lb-ft of torque

Trust me there won't be much of a difference in terms of acceleration

truly amazing!

best ive done with my tdi was 1200kms (i remember making a thread about it) and about 800kms in the cherokee, which is already better then some small CARS!

2010 Civic = 2700lbs, 140hp 128lb-ft torque
Passat 1.6L TDI = 3300lbs, 105hp 185lb-ft of torque

Trust me there won't be much of a difference in terms of acceleration

not really.

35hp more with 600lbs less will make quite a bit of difference in terms of acceleration.

not really.

35hp more with 600lbs less will make quite a bit of difference in terms of acceleration.

Ever driven a tdi passat? I drove the 100hp tdi 1.9 and trust me, it gets around quite nicely. 0-60 in 10.5 seconds in a 100hp 3300lbs car, the torque And how efficiently it's delivered makes all the diffrence, and the low end torque makes the car feel much more muscular than some cars with 30-40 more hp.

It's by no means a fast car, but some of u guys are talking like it's going to be a slug, you'd b quite suprise what a small turbo diesel can do.

I had a 75hp diesel megane in france last summer and the car actually had great torque and passing power. I'd take that over any compact offering in north America, even with 30-40 more hp, most gassers wouldn't move as fast as that megane...

Edit: oh yeah, I also beat the shit out of that megane and still averaged 4.7L/100km in mixed city ad highway.

Ever driven a tdi passat? I drove the 100hp tdi 1.9 and trust me, it gets around quite nicely. 0-60 in 10.5 seconds in a 100hp 3300lbs car, the torque And how efficiently it's delivered makes all the diffrence, and the low end torque makes the car feel much more muscular than some cars with 30-40 more hp.

It's by no means a fast car, but some of u guys are talking like it's going to be a slug, you'd b quite suprise what a small turbo diesel can do.

I had a 75hp diesel megane in france last summer and the car actually had great torque and passing power. I'd take that over any compact offering in north America, even with 30-40 more hp, most gassers wouldn't move as fast as that megane...

Edit: oh yeah, I also beat the shit out of that megane and still averaged 4.7L/100km in mixed city ad highway.

you feel the rotational force. but the car itself isn't actually moving faster linearly.

i'm by no mean saying it's slower than what it's supposed to be.
i'm simply saying the civic that has more power and less weight will be significantly faster.

civic 0-60mph 9.7 (automatic)
passat bluemotion 0-60mph 11.4 (manual)

there is indeed a noticible difference.. either way they are both slow, the patate just does in style!

Laissez faire : les détenteurs de Honda ont jamais entendu parler du Torque, en fait c'est un mythe. Écoutez les parler tout ce qu'ils vous diront c'est Hp Hp Hp, bla bla bla, Hp Hp bla... bullshit. Au quotidien je suis persuadé que le powerband est pas mal plus plaisant (de 2000-5000tr/m)... contrairement à Honda qui est de 6000-7500tr/m! Ouais!! J'rev en cave din tites ruelles de Montréal, yeah!

Chaque otie de char a sa vocation, son créneau... Pas moyen de dire ''chapeau'' à un char qu'avec 75L fait 2457km????

Laissez faire : les détenteurs de Honda ont jamais entendu parler du Torque, en fait c'est un mythe. Écoutez les parler tout ce qu'ils vous diront c'est Hp Hp Hp, bla bla bla, Hp Hp bla... bullshit. Au quotidien je suis persuadé que le powerband est pas mal plus plaisant (de 2000-5000tr/m)... contrairement à Honda qui est de 6000-7500tr/m! Ouais!! J'rev en cave din tites ruelles de Montréal, yeah!

Chaque otie de char a sa vocation, son créneau... Pas moyen de dire ''chapeau'' à un char qu'avec 75L fait 2457km????

I agree !
Tork FTW
Reason why I just put in a 99-00 CRV Engine in my civic.
Downshifting to third on the highway to pass someone on the left is an embarrassment.

eh... your point being what?? C'est quoi dans mon affirmation qui t'insulte comme ça? Si t'as pas d'autre argument que de commenter mon nick... tu suck en crisse.

Laisse tomber, il y a des esprits très fermés sur ce forum, des petits jeunes avec une mentalité de vieillard...
... et c'est triste.

Pour revenir au sujet, vous allez rire:

Ma premiere voiture pesait 700 kilos et faisait 34 ch (120 km/h max).
J'ai conduit une fiat 500 de 1971 qui avait 17 ch d'origine pendant 300 kms
(100 km/h max).
Ma premiêre diesel faisait 45ch (VW Polo), 155 km/h max.

Ces voitures ne m'ont jamais empêché de rouler et surtout d'avoir ben du fun à conduire.

Je peux vous dire qu'on est gaté maintenant dans le marché nord-américain. Mais quand est-ce qu'on a vraiment besoin de toute la puissance disponible, surtout quand ça dépasse 150ch sur une voiture de 1500 kilos ?

Last edited:
eh... your point being what?? C'est quoi dans mon affirmation qui t'insulte comme ça? Si t'as pas d'autre argument que de commenter mon nick... tu suck en crisse.

my point is that you have never taken physics 101 before.
you have no idea what torque is and what horsepower is and what they exactly mean.

btw, if you even took time to read my post in this thread, i've never said anything bad about this passat tdi. in fact, i love diesels for its fuel economy and the new passat looks awesome. and no, i don't own a honda.

c'est peut etre toi le ti homo qui est frustre pour rien.

my point is that you have never taken physics 101 before.
you have no idea what torque is and what horsepower is and what they exactly mean.

btw, if you even took time to read my post in this thread, i've never said anything bad about this passat tdi. in fact, i love diesels for its fuel economy and the new passat looks awesome. and no, i don't own a honda.

c'est peut etre toi le ti homo qui est frustre pour rien.
Va faire des show de cut-off au lieu d'etre une nuisance publique !

Back