what happened to common courtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moi quand quelqu'un se donne la peine de mettre son flasher dans le traffic c'est sur a 100% que jle laisse passé. Ca fait tellement du bien de voir que c'est pas tout le monde qui mettent jamais leurs criss de flashers.

De plus la courtoisie c'est tellement mieux pour soi même et pour les autres aussi.

qft.

C'est rare que je me promène en char sans recevoir un merci de la part d'un piéton ou d'un cycliste pour m'être arrêter et leur avoir soit cédé le passage ou simplement parce que je suis courtois.

Bravo pour ta courtoisie.

Le monde de MR.com aime beaucoup bitcher les cyclistes et les piétons mais IMO, le problème c'est vraiment les automobilistes et leur changement de comportement lorsqu'ils arrivent derrière un volant. Peut-être que les nouveaux cours vont aidé...dans 10-15ans...

Exact.

Woman + Driving = Sources of all evils.

I'm not surprised by your redneck ''point of you''.

Just remember that women pay their car insurance less than men.
There is a reason why. You don't seem to know it.

I'm not surprised by your redneck point of you.

Just remember that women pay their car insurance less than men.
There is a reason why. You don't seem to know it.

because quebec is a feminized society. The vaginas have it in this town.

When a dude smashes his car, it's because he did something dumb.

When a chick smashes her car, it's because she's incompetent. And the reason they don't smash as often is that the more competent drivers around them are alert

Si quelqu'un prends le temps de mettre son flasher, je le laisse passer.

Si il ne le mets pas, où le mets en même temps qu'il tente son move, fuck him, je lui laisse pas de chance.

Si il change de voie au 15 secondes pour essayer d'arriver avant tout le monde, ou qu'il est dans une voie qui doit céder le passage, mais essaye de jumper une coupe de place alors qu'il a d'autre opportunités de merger, fuck him.

Bref, je suis courtois, sauf avec les morons.

Why are people in Quebec so inconsiderate in the way they drive? Are we just assholes?

Here is a little test to try, in moderate traffic, when you have enough room to change lanes infront of a car beside you, put on your blinker, give them enough time to notice it and see if they dont accelerate to block your path.

People will go out of there way to stop you from changing lanes in front of them, as if its going to make a difference by adding 2 seconds onto their travel time. When i was in South Carolina i realized while i was sitting 4 cars back from the light, in the middle lane, that i need to turn right at this intersection. I put my blinker on, the people in the right lane REVERSED and made room for me.

you know why? ive said this before and ill say it again....

90% of people have no clue how to fucking drive, and the other 10% ? well they are never on the road at the same time and place as you

BTW this RARELY happens. People don't just accelerate to block you. It might happen from time to time if you encounter a douchebag, but it's very very rare. And for sure if you're looking for assholes trust me you'll find them.

Thats ALWAYS hapenning.

Sometimes people are morons and think 1 car length would make a big difference (on a day to day, no).

I usually let cars pass me by moving out of the way (and if no ones behind them, i follow behind). When cars need to merge, I give them ENOUGH space so they don't have to slam the brakes/check infront/behind like a mad man. I know they need to merge, so I let them.
Signaling, I'll make space even tho the guy behind me is riding my bumper, it just makes for better traffic flow!
All in all, i'd put myself on top of the generosity list to ensure steady flow of traffic.

However - sometimes I may be going slightly faster in a lane and not see your blinkers. Think of it when you drive next to big trucks, sometimes you wont know.
I follow a rule of 1-1 at max 1-2 for merges. I'll let 1 car infront of me and hopefuly make space for 1 car in back of me. If needed, I'll let 2 merge infront of me, but when the 3rd or 4th guy try to take advantage... I block it off there and let them know they need to merge in behind me.

When waiting at an exit ramp and some guy cuts into the lane to merge (and get out of speeding traffic), I'd let them (given that their intention was to merge at the back, but had no space), however I won't let people who wait at the back of the line, leave to cut back in right at the very end of the exit, that's just no respect. I make sure they know to wait it out like everyone else.

Si quelqu'un prends le temps de mettre son flasher, je le laisse passer.

Si il ne le mets pas, où le mets en même temps qu'il tente son move, fuck him, je lui laisse pas de chance.

Si il change de voie au 15 secondes pour essayer d'arriver avant tout le monde, ou qu'il est dans une voie qui doit céder le passage, mais essaye de jumper une coupe de place alors qu'il a d'autre opportunités de merger, fuck him.

Bref, je suis courtois, sauf avec les morons.

Je fait exactement la même chose !

Mais je vais pratiquement jamais a MTL. Esti de ville de conducteur incompétent. A chaque fois que j'y vais, je me fait toujours couper que ce soit taxi, autobus ou juste du monde "normal". Ca vraiment pas de sens.

Most people suck at driving, men or women. Maybe 52% of bad drivers are women, but it could be anyone. But everyone is bad in a different way.

When theres traffic I just drive slowly and let anyone in. I never have anywhere to be on time anyways so why not. Rushing will just cause problems.

But when there are a few or no cars around then it's different. :)

But luckily for me I work hours where I never get any traffic, and I don't take many busy roads.

Je fait exactement la même chose !

Mais je vais pratiquement jamais a MTL. Esti de ville de conducteur incompétent. A chaque fois que j'y vais, je me fait toujours couper que ce soit taxi, autobus ou juste du monde "normal". Ca vraiment pas de sens.

Comment peux-tu te faire couper par un autobus?? Ils ont priorités...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back