When they gonna start to fix our roads?

've said it before. It's all a plan from the city to make everyone take the public transportation.

That could be a possible theory, but that would interfere with new car sales, which the Govt. has been pushing in order to help the economy and garnish more tax revenue.

I got my own theory too.

It has to do with Quebec politicians being the most corrupt in Canada..... It's all about the kick backs they thrive on and live for, and purposely hiring a company that will do a half-assed job on our roads so that the work needs to be done again next year.
Repeat = Kick-back.

Notice how every one of the same roads and sidewalks gets torn down and re-done every single year?
Don't you think there is capable construction companies in Quebec that can make a better road like the ones (not even an hour out) in Ontario?

That could be a possible theory, but that would interfere with new car sales, which the Govt. has been pushing in order to help the economy and garnish more tax revenue.

I got my own theory too.

It has to do with Quebec politicians being the most corrupt in Canada..... It's all about the kick backs they thrive on and live for, and purposely hiring a company that will do a half-assed job on our roads so that the work needs to be done again next year.
Repeat = Kick-back.

Notice how every one of the same roads and sidewalks gets torn down and re-done every single year?
Don't you think there is capable construction companies in Quebec that can make a better road like the ones (not even an hour out) in Ontario?

I share the same thoughts with you,

This is all played out for their gain of course....''patching up'' and always fixing the same streets,I'm so tired of not being able to even talk to someone while I'm driving or else I lose concentration and fall into the fucking holes....

I think if people stop just ranting between them and really show how fed up they are things would be at least a little different.

I agree its the worst I've seen in a long time. The worst part, were getting taxed even more now on our licences and registration, and they say all that money is going to public transit. When is the money I pay to drive my car(s) going to go into the restoration of the roads I use every day???

The roads are worse because they have neglected them for years. The fact is they did little fix-em-upper jobs on the roads they patched or fixed.

I actually was at Dark's house and we saw them patch roads by putting asphalt over asphalt, no scraping, no digging nothing!

Yea, they just shoot those little black turds in the holes to temporarily patch them up.
Temporarily meaning, they help the next 3.5 cars that roll over them.

meme si ils s'y metre cette semaine ...il vont encore calissé de l'asphalte tiede dans un trou a genre 2-3 celcius ...sa va resté la quelque jours j'usqu'au prochain deneigement :(

Ouin c la me dit chu bin content de pas rester a mtl lol sa l air vrm degueulase les rue ... Mais quoi que c pas mal partout pareil ...mais je travail la dedans et c pas vraiment evident ...comme les cold patch dans l eau ... Lol avez vs deja essayer de faire coller quelque chose dans l eau... Bin sa tient pas !!! Pis l asphalt chaud bin les usine sont fermer en tk par che ns oui ... avec les osti de gel et degel qu on a maintenant l hiver ya pas grand chose qui resiste ...fack a moins qui de refaire les rue en neuf avec des bonne fondation bin ya rien qui va tenir ... Tk bonne chance a toute et essayer de pas faire comme mon ti-frere et de pas voir le trou , resultat des tire peter sur le meme coter ...pas evidant a reparer un vendredi soir lol

Ouin c la me dit chu bin content de pas rester a mtl lol sa l air vrm degueulase les rue ... Mais quoi que c pas mal partout pareil ...mais je travail la dedans et c pas vraiment evident ...comme les cold patch dans l eau ... Lol avez vs deja essayer de faire coller quelque chose dans l eau... Bin sa tient pas !!! Pis l asphalt chaud bin les usine sont fermer en tk par che ns oui ... avec les osti de gel et degel qu on a maintenant l hiver ya pas grand chose qui resiste ...fack a moins qui de refaire les rue en neuf avec des bonne fondation bin ya rien qui va tenir ... Tk bonne chance a toute et essayer de pas faire comme mon ti-frere et de pas voir le trou , resultat des tire peter sur le meme coter ...pas evidant a reparer un vendredi soir lol

il a vraiment fait 2 flat :(

In my opinion: Do it right > Patching
Roads are disgusting it's the same story every spring we complain about it also every spring and i feel that it's going to stay like that forever :(

This ridiculous province is just getting worse.

I really have no more faith in the province or the people within it, it's been years people have been complaining. I go to town hall and I'm told to shut-up. It's a conspiracy that government is corrupt, yet everything is falling apart and we are taxed to the bone. What the fuck does it take? What does it take for people to wake up? It's ridiculous, we can't even drive on these roads,what's so hard to understand, we can't drive on them because they are so damaged! Isn't that enough to have people realize government is too big. All these stupid control programs to get involved in every aspect of citizens lives, yet no money to fix fucking roads?

When people post in the off-topic section about government corruption you always have people defending governance, hoping to get through until their next BS check come in. We are fucked, government is too big, we need a downsize of governance, we can't afford it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes i wonder if people in egypt are more democratic than us. ATLEAST THEY GET SHIT DONE.

let us start a protest and watch us get mowed down by RCMP.. good game democracy

Cette semaine, j'étais dans le coin de Ste-Thérèse et les cols bleus bouchaient les troues, c'était pissant les gens klaxonnaient, sifflaient et applaudissaient aux lumières hahah

Toi ton boss quand i te dit de faire dequoi tu le fais! Si te l'ordonne pas tu continue a faire ce que tu fais habituellement, ces le meme cas pour les cols bleus ces pas eux autres qui décident quoi faire et quand le faire. Pour les routes ces dommages, ces dégeulasse mais l'hiver refaire une rue en asphalte ces carrément infesable donc on se doit de faire avec les patches qu'on appel 24hpatches. Comme quelqu'un a dit plus haut arreter de voter pour un maire qui se calisse de vous autres pi voter dont pour lui qui se préocupe un peu plus de vos coilovers.

I don't understand why in Ontario, or U.s.a roads are clean as fuck? I went to toronto about 1month past and I couldn't belive how the road was amaizing, when I came back to montreal and saw those pots holes, I was saying to my self Mrs Gérald Tremblay should be Ashame his self, As Québecquers we always say that ontario people are stupid and alot of shit but I really start thinking of going living out there with those clean roads and less taxes finally a place where there is someone who cares about citizens and there well being. I think that there might be someone who takes the money for the roads.... but never reach the roads.

We definitely need to make govt more accountable at all levels. And trim down useless spending that diverts our money away from the real issues that need fixing.
The OQLF eats up ~20M/year to police French labels. I think many people will agree that it would be much more beneficial to spend that money on fixing our aging infrastructure. I know 20M is little, but it would still fix a few roads.

F*ck the road.

We need to get down the street to have a bigger punishment for Chara and get a hockey team in Quebec.

We should try to make them fix by mexicans. Let's just hope the fixed potholes don't suddenly catch fire.

Un des problèmes qui fait que nos routes sont difficilement naviguable est l'absence de garantie. Au États-Unis et Europe, la compagnie qui construit la route donne une garantie de 10 ans sur sa construction. Si une réparation est nécéssaire dans la période de la garantie, la compagnie l'effectue sans être payé, donc la compagnie risque fortement de faire faillite. Ils ont intérêt à faire une bonne job! Au Québec, aucune garantie n'est imposée et n'importe qui avec un permis de construction peux soumissioner afin d'exécuter les travaux, alors Joe Blow, le cousin du maire de Farfeluville, obtient facilement son permis et soumissionne pas cher tout en s'assurant de faire un maximum de profit sans produire un résultat de qualité. Sans oublier qu'aucunes recherches ne sont effectuées pour savoir si le soumissionant est qualifié pour faire le travail! Bref, we're fucked.

Back