Who wants a GTR Tranny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nissan Canada does not deal with Nissan USA, they only deal with Nissan Japan. So when you want a rare part that is not available here (most parts), they order it from Japan and it takes a few weeks.

They have all the parts in the States and can do overnight shipping, just call a dealer in Vermont or NY and then go pick it up there. It'll cost you less and you can get any part in like 24-48 hours instead of 3-4 weeks.

Correcto. Which is very lame. Hyundai is the same. If you order something from Chrysler and they need to get it from the States it takes 3 days, GM is sometimes 7 days. Ford is good though, they have a HUGE depot in Bramela Ontario so it's over night.

As for the trans being specific to the engine, thats BS. I can see the TCM needing to be programmed to communicate with the PCM and perhaps the shift points relearned. If not Nissan wouldn't be able to change all those trans.

The transmission actually at the back of the car, so I call bullshit on that claim, specially if JC made it.

What he is saying is the gear ratios are tailored to a specific car. It may or may not be true, but it has nothing to do with where the transmission is. I also doubt this claim, but for reasons that Gregster mentioned, not the location of the tranny.

I think its safe to say Logik23 ---> GT-R Fannboy :p

What have I said in this thread that makes me a fanboy?

What he is saying is the gear ratios are tailored to a specific car. It may or may not be true, but it has nothing to do with where the transmission is. I also doubt this claim, but for reasons that Gregster mentioned, not the location of the tranny.

What have I said in this thread that makes me a fanboy?

I could show you a few threads that clearly shows you masturbate over the GT-R Wayy too much!

and what about what you said in other thread?

Thank you!

Nissan Canada does not deal with Nissan USA, they only deal with Nissan Japan. So when you want a rare part that is not available here (most parts), they order it from Japan and it takes a few weeks.

They have all the parts in the States and can do overnight shipping, just call a dealer in Vermont or NY and then go pick it up there. It'll cost you less and you can get any part in like 24-48 hours instead of 3-4 weeks.

x2 I had to wait ONE MONTH so Nissan Japan builds and sends part for my at Tranny on my Maxima(2002).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back