Why do people buy Domestic?

1) Lexus IS-F, Lexus LF-A, R34, R35, etc.
2) Engines: lol you really didn't think this one through.

In 2004, Honda was making a v6 in the accord which developed 240HP for a 3.0L and in the same year Mustang GT had a v8 4.6L which could manage 260HP... So they could only squeeze out extra 20hp out of 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more liters? Mind you the v6 version of the mustang could only manage 193HP while being 3.8 vs Honda's 3.0

Oh and did I mention fuel economy which was horrible regardless of the fact that the engine was less powerful?

Try harder next time.

put both engine on a dyno and check output @ 3500 rpm wich is the "everyday driving range" you got your answer

oh and welcome in 2011, the coyote powerplant pumps out
410hp/410tq with a crazy powerband

name me something new about honda since 2009 regarding engines...
umm nothing?

heres ford since 2009:
5.0 v8 4valves quad vct
2.5 i4 atkinson for hybrid application
3.5 v6 ecoboost (fwd configuration)
3.5 v6 ecoboost (f-150 HD version)
3.7 v6 4 valves
6.2 v8 2valves
6.7 v8 powerstroke
1.6 i4 twin vct
and coming:
2.0 i4 ecoboost

all new engines built ground-up

gmfail.jpg

Last edited:
im working at circuit ford
my friend is working at hamel honda

i was working today
he's been slacked 2 months ago...

japs better?

try harder next time ;)

lulz so, back to topic,

what new about japs?

i mean, ford have been producing a lot of new stuff recently...

looks like gm in the 90's
my 02 cavalier had about the same engine in '85...

the japs are doing the same stuff right now

"we have a winning formula lets keep it for the next 2 decades..."

It would be better if the jap stayed the same as in the 90's, but instead they replaced independant suspension and/or double wishbone by torsion beam/mcpherson, quality plastic by cheap plastics, good seats by crappy seats, ultra reliable engines by decently reliable ones.

In 2004, Honda was making a v6 in the accord which developed 240HP for a 3.0L and in the same year Mustang GT had a v8 4.6L which could manage 260HP... So they could only squeeze out extra 20hp out of 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more liters?
Try harder next time.

The 4.6liter back then was SOHC, they put it in the mustang because it was a common engine with other ford cars.In 05, the GT had 305 with it's new 3V 4.6. Again, you are comparing cars 1 YEAR AT A TIME... and that was fucking 7 years ago

Les moteur honda ont prouver leur fiabilite, meme si ford fais de nouveaux moteurs
On sait pas si ils vont etre aussi fiables

LOL @ ignorant fanboys.

Especially the comments about american cars only good for a straight line.

The 2011 Mustang GT could lap a circuit in the same time as a E92 BMW M3.

The 2011 Mustang V6 could beat the BMW 135i around a circuit.

Gone are the days of straight line performance only!

Don't get me wrong I would much rather have a BMW than a Mustang, but there's no way in hell you can disrespect Ford and the Mustang with the age old myth that they can't handle a turn.

It would be better if the jap stayed the same as in the 90's, but instead they replaced independant suspension and/or double wishbone by torsion beam/mcpherson, quality plastic by cheap plastics, good seats by crappy seats, ultra reliable engines by decently reliable ones.

It's a godsend, soon you won't see so many piece of shit cars on the side of the road with their wheel assembly completely ripped off because the owner ignored the "clunk" for 6 months.

1) Lexus IS-F, Lexus LF-A, R34, R35, etc.
2) Engines: lol you really didn't think this one through.

In 2004, Honda was making a v6 in the accord which developed 240HP for a 3.0L and in the same year Mustang GT had a v8 4.6L which could manage 260HP... So they could only squeeze out extra 20hp out of 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more liters? Mind you the v6 version of the mustang could only manage 193HP while being 3.8 vs Honda's 3.0

Oh and did I mention fuel economy which was horrible regardless of the fact that the engine was less powerful?

Try harder next time.

Lol, ok, it's obvious, you're just trying hard to troll now. You're not at Broody and Epic_Velocity levels though

Back