200km/h in a 50 zone: Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, it's not about the speeding, it's about the cop acting like those guys were about to run around downtown with M16s shooting everyone. They are not murderers, they are just a couple of kids driving faster then they should.

They COULD kill someone though. Thats the point. I know, chances are they won't, but its the what if's that are the deterring factor of wether people's lives are in danger or not.

20 and 21 year old's don't know how to drive. shit, most 40 year olds don't know how to drive.

The fact is, 200 km/h is a deadly speed. 75 km/h can be deadly too under the right circumstances.. hence the posted speed limits.

Trust me, I know what you mean and I understand where you're coming from, but its not right to just say "their rights are being violated" or "they aren't murderers for speeding".. I can pretty much guarantee they are never going to speed like that again, not only now knowing there are undercover cops everywhere, but the massive shit-kicking they will recieve from their brothers.

Comments defending these kids who were caught doing 4 times the speed limit is like trying do defend the kid who killed a 3 year old in pincourt.

You can NEVER tell what is going to happen, EVER.
Just beause the streets could be EMPTY doesnt mean you can't kill someone doing stupid speeds.

There are a million other facts for and against them. Can you tell if a tire has a chunk taken out of it on the sidewall? did someone's rad hose pop off and spill coolant on a section of the road? Is there sand where it shouldnt be because a construction truck stopped suddenly?

These are things that kids don't think about. This is why there are limits posted, and laws to back them up.

Don't get me wrong, I was young and stupid too, but after learning very valuable lessions from these "what if's" and lucky enough to still be alive, I don't condone these useless, stupid acts of immaturity.

Was something gained from them speeding like that? :dunno:

I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm just trying to add a voice that they have NO right to be doing that on public streets, no matter what their pathetic excuse is. or time it is, or traffic conditions, or wether god likes them or the devil needs a new soul to clean the toilets.

Again, this isn't about the speeding. No one is saying it's ok for them to do those speeds

The point is that speeders are now treated worst then real criminals. Guilty until proven innocent is unacceptable in our society. The cop makes up all kinds of random facts and gets away with it.

By the way, you can have a blowout and kill yourself doing the speed limit.

They COULD kill someone though. Thats the point. I know, chances are they won't, but its the what if's that are the deterring factor of wether people's lives are in danger or not.

20 and 21 year old's don't know how to drive. shit, most 40 year olds don't know how to drive.

The fact is, 200 km/h is a deadly speed. 75 km/h can be deadly too under the right circumstances.. hence the posted speed limits.

Trust me, I know what you mean and I understand where you're coming from, but its not right to just say "their rights are being violated" or "they aren't murderers for speeding".. I can pretty much guarantee they are never going to speed like that again, not only now knowing there are undercover cops everywhere, but the massive shit-kicking they will recieve from their brothers.

Yes, but you can kill people because you don't have winter tires on in the winter. Does that mean they should take your car and license away for 7 days and have you pay up to 10,000$ in fines? These are the rules that apply for 50 over in Ontario.

Nobody doubts that reckless driving and accidents aren't correlated in some way, most people here are just disappointed about how the cops handled the situation.

To be honest, they knew what they were doing (obviously), they were stupid (especially for doing a u-turn), they got caught, and that's it. There are bigger tragedies in life. Like 4-1 gang rape cnn

Just like that guy in the G35 who was stopped at 250 on the highway, yes speeding, yes ticket, but it shouldn't ruin the person's life.

Just like that guy in the G35 who was stopped at 250 on the highway, yes speeding, yes ticket, but he shouldn't ruin others person's life.

It's better that way...

Au depart ses allegations d'explosions de pneus, de roues qui continuent a tourner du a l'absence de pneus sans parler de la DISTANCE DE FREINAGE cooooooooooooompletement RIDICULE....

Pas si ridicule que ça. Je ne peux pas commenter sur le pneu qui continue de tourner sur une roue qui est immobile. Pour ce qui est de la distance de freinage, as-tu une idée de la distance nécessaire pour immobiliser une voiture filant à 100km/h? Je ne parle pas uniquement de la distance entre le freinage et l'arrêt complet mais bien sur de la procédure complète.

À 200 km/h, le temps de réaction à ÉNORMÉMENT d'impact sur ta distance de freinage. À 200km/h, si tu prends une seconde pour penser à freiner, le temps de juger si tu dois freiner, ben tu en parcours de la distance...Pas mal plus qu'à 50 km/h.

You could kill someone driving the speed limit, you could kill someone in so many situation, it's just stupid to use that as an excuse.

Age has NOTHING to do with driving skills. the biggest problem is lack of attention and lowering the speed limits only agravates the trouble.

Said before and will do again, if you think 200 in a 50 is insane, why the **** would you mod your car or hang on here?

Again, this isn't about the speeding. No one is saying it's ok for them to do those speeds

The point is that speeders are now treated worst then real criminals. Guilty until proven innocent is unacceptable in our society. The cop makes up all kinds of random facts and gets away with it.

By the way, you can have a blowout and kill yourself doing the speed limit.

Yes, but you can kill people because you don't have winter tires on in the winter. Does that mean they should take your car and license away for 7 days and have you pay up to 10,000$ in fines? These are the rules that apply for 50 over in Ontario.

I don't see how they're treated worse than criminals, but they are breaking the law, and an important one.
You need to add in the fact that they HAD to make those laws, because all the street racers were laughing in the law's face and just finding ways to avoid getting caught.. meanwhile, MANY lives were lost because of inexperiance, stupidity, and accidents.

What else do you suggest that the police do to stop idiots practicing their right to BE an idiot?

I dunno about you, but when I go to ontario, I stay under 140. Thats their laws working right there. I don't mind because its within reason. but thats on a highway...

YES, they SHOULD have their cars taken away. That leads to outrage, but the main thing is inconveniance. I dont know about you, but I would have a REALLY hard time losing my lisence for a week. I don't have public transportation, I don't have any other way to get to work and back. That stops me from being a complete idiot behind the wheel. SO, their laws and logic work. Same thing goes with the fines.. they're making it stick in your head that speeding is NOT ok. And if you have your car modified to go faster for no reason, why can't they crush the car? thats the whole problem solved right away. You think the little dumbass wants to throw another 15 grand into another vehicle to have the same thing happen again?

its for saving lives. granted the planet is WAY too overpopulated, but everyone has a right to live and not fear getting plowed down by a little shithead who had to prove his prelude can go over 100 km/h.
Same thing as people have the right to expect not to get crushed by falling buildings, LAWS need to be placed, fines need to be upped so people get the message.

Pas si ridicule que ça. Je ne peux pas commenter sur le pneu qui continue de tourner sur une roue qui est immobile. Pour ce qui est de la distance de freinage, as-tu une idée de la distance nécessaire pour immobiliser une voiture filant à 100km/h? Je ne parle pas uniquement de la distance entre le freinage et l'arrêt complet mais bien sur de la procédure complète.

À 200 km/h, le temps de réaction à ÉNORMÉMENT d'impact sur ta distance de freinage. À 200km/h, si tu prends une seconde pour penser à freiner, le temps de juger si tu dois freiner, ben tu en parcours de la distance...Pas mal plus qu'à 50 km/h.

C'est damn mon post original...

A little fact checking with Newtonian equations of motion, assuming constant acceleration:

To stop from 200 kph in 7.5 s requires an acceleration of 7.4 m/s^2, or 0.75g.

Road test data for the MINI Cooper show a stopping distance from 80mph of 220 ft. Converting the units puts actual braking acceleration at 20 m/s^2 or 2.0g.

To allow for imperfect conditions and the higher initial speed, I'll reduce braking acceleration to 75% of the 80 mph number. Doing that results in a time-to-stop of 3.7 seconds, and a distance-to-stop of 102m, or 112 yards. Give-or-take, the length of 1 Canadian football field.

It is clear that neither the officer nor the author has the grounding in physics to make, or report on, the statements in the article.

Prelude FTMFW! LOL That looked like a pretty clean 4th gen!

And yes the SR-V can make it up to 200.

On another note, doing 200 in a 50 zone is stupid. If its a 50 zone its because its a residential area, about to become a residential area or there are stop signs/ red lights nearby.

Not the best place to test your cars maximum speed.

Don't lie, you know like I do your car maxed out at 120 Km/h
That's when his front end magically exploded LOL!

I don't see how they're treated worse than criminals, but they are breaking the law, and an important one.
You need to add in the fact that they HAD to make those laws, because all the street racers were laughing in the law's face and just finding ways to avoid getting caught.. meanwhile, MANY lives were lost because of inexperiance, stupidity, and accidents.

What else do you suggest that the police do to stop idiots practicing their right to BE an idiot?

I dunno about you, but when I go to ontario, I stay under 140. Thats their laws working right there. I don't mind because its within reason. but thats on a highway...

YES, they SHOULD have their cars taken away. That leads to outrage, but the main thing is inconveniance. I dont know about you, but I would have a REALLY hard time losing my lisence for a week. I don't have public transportation, I don't have any other way to get to work and back. That stops me from being a complete idiot behind the wheel. SO, their laws and logic work. Same thing goes with the fines.. they're making it stick in your head that speeding is NOT ok. And if you have your car modified to go faster for no reason, why can't they crush the car? thats the whole problem solved right away. You think the little dumbass wants to throw another 15 grand into another vehicle to have the same thing happen again?

its for saving lives. granted the planet is WAY too overpopulated, but everyone has a right to live and not fear getting plowed down by a little shithead who had to prove his prelude can go over 100 km/h.
Same thing as people have the right to expect not to get crushed by falling buildings, LAWS need to be placed, fines need to be upped so people get the message.

There were laws in place already.

Saying a lot people died from street racing is pointless since you don't have any actual numbers.

I have to find this article, but it said that in 2006 or 2007 in the States, more people died from accidents caused by police officers then by street racing.

Street racing is not a deadly problem, the government just wants you to think it is.

By your logic, they should take your car away for 7 days for running a red light, running a stop sign, driving any speed over the speed limit, not having winter tires in winter, etc, etc etc anything that might, maybe, sometimes make the roads dangerous for someone

You could kill someone driving the speed limit, you could kill someone in so many situation, it's just stupid to use that as an excuse.

Age has NOTHING to do with driving skills. the biggest problem is lack of attention and lowering the speed limits only agravates the trouble.

Said before and will do again, if you think 200 in a 50 is insane, why the **** would you mod your car or hang on here?

Like previously stated, of COURSE that can all happen, but why increase the odds? even 00001% is that little bit more that someone tries to cut you off to do a fly-by that has absolutely NO use, NO reason, and NO merit.

Of course age has something to do with it, its experiance. how many members on here are used to driving at age 12 on city streets every day to better their reaction time, attention to detail, etc..

I DEFINATLY agree that lowering the speed limits can cause trouble, not only uprise in aggrivation to already being forced to go slow, but why the **** do you need to do 100 km/h in a 50 zone? its 50 because there are schools, there are mcdonald's that people turn into, there are the elderly that are allowed to still drive when they shouldnt, school children, bus stops, etc.. does this make NO sense to you? do you even drive? do you even know what I'm talking about?
this is montreal we're talking about, not the Yukon. The island is already over-crowded and there isnt any room to make passing lanes, turn lanes, etc. So we have an actual office and educated people making these laws of speed we need to adhere to from statistics. You think its easy to even program a set of traffic lights?

And I haven't modified any of the 140 cars i've owned, not one. The most I've done to one is put new windshield wipers on. I'm here to gain mechanical knowledge, give it to those who havent been in the field for as many years, tips and tricks, and mainly to sell and buy more cars. How this has ANYTHING to do with this discussion, i don't have a clue.

There were laws in place already.

Saying a lot people died from street racing is pointless since you don't have any actual numbers.

I have to find this article, but it said that in 2006 or 2007 in the States, more people died from accidents caused by police officers then by street racing.

Street racing is not a deadly problem, the government just wants you to think it is.

By your logic, they should take your car away for 7 days for running a red light, running a stop sign, driving any speed over the speed limit, not having winter tires in winter, etc, etc etc anything that might, maybe, sometimes make the roads dangerous for someone

Maybe they should.. because there are too many ignorant people out there who don't give a shit, but will whine like pussies when they get caught. I'm not counting you in on that, I think you're one of the more mature memebers on this site.. especially by your rebuttals, they are very respectful and i appreciate that.

I'm not saying we need to be treated like a bunch of babies, but at the same time, sometimes we do. I can get you actual numbers if you really like but I have a car I need to scrap today and this discussion has already killed an hour of my time lol..

I would however like to read the article you're referring to, and wether its accidents caused behind a vehicle or general.

I look at it as getting laid by a bar chick.. she COULD have something, she probably doesnt.. but do you want to take that chance? do you want to know its a problem or just be ignorant about it and bareback every stank skank around?

Maybe they should.. because there are too many ignorant people out there who don't give a shit, but will whine like pussies when they get caught. I'm not counting you in on that, I think you're one of the more mature memebers on this site.. especially by your rebuttals, they are very respectful and i appreciate that.

I'm not saying we need to be treated like a bunch of babies, but at the same time, sometimes we do. I can get you actual numbers if you really like but I have a car I need to scrap today and this discussion has already killed an hour of my time lol..

I would however like to read the article you're referring to, and wether its accidents caused behind a vehicle or general.

I look at it as getting laid by a bar chick.. she COULD have something, she probably doesnt.. but do you want to take that chance? do you want to know its a problem or just be ignorant about it and bareback every stank skank around?

ohhh we are being treated like babies more and more and control will get harder and harder in the future. I don't like our future. It looks EXTREMELY restrictive. And the worst thing is people actually hop into the propaganda that speed kills :rolleyes: Altho I don't not approve of doing 200 in a 50 zone, I completely find ridiculous that GEVs where applied to highways.

So you shouldn't modify your car or be a member of MR if you think going 200km/h in a 50km/h zone on public roads is insane? Isn't this a car enthusiast message board? What does that have anything to do with being on here?
Sorry but I'm sure there's more people on here that have modded cars that think 200km/h in a 50km/h zone is just a stupid thing to do as opposed to people that thinks it's just fine.

C'est damn mon post original...

Hum, encore une fois, le temps de réaction joue pour beaucoup et ne se mesure pas avec précision car il varie d'une personne à une autre et selon les conditions. Le calcul tient compte de la distance de freinage seulement. Aussi, mais 80 mhp, c'est 128 km/h, et non 200 km/h. La distance de freinage est donc plus grande qu'un terrain de football.

Logik, I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the police. Trust me, we all understand that you are not talking about speeding, but rather the way the criminals were treated.

You have to understand that preventative measures have to be enforced just as heavily (if not more) than the acts themselves. Sure this case may be in for mistreatment, but at the end of the day the Police did their job and taught the kids a lesson. Like "myrizphucked" said, you can't expect these two clowns to test speed limits in the future.

Oh, and before you re-state that you can just as easily kill somebody doing the speed limit, remember that the ODDS of killing someone are much higher as your speed INCREASES.

My whole point revolves around the fact that the government and police use speed as a stepping stone to greater government control over everything. Cops have power way beyond what they should have, but no one cares, everyone is just fixated on the fantasy of no one ever dying on our roads.

Dalton McGuinty pushed the street racing law to get elected and bring in some money, not because of safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back