Road Test: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger vs Genesis Coupe?

On se passe facilement du luxe. Je suis passé de la camry à mon père (pas super giga équipé non plus) à ma pontiac firefly (qui a rien du tout) sans problème.

On se passe facilement du luxe. Je suis passé de la camry à mon père (pas super giga équipé non plus) à ma pontiac firefly (qui a rien du tout) sans problème.

Seriously, why do you even bother posting this crap?

Some of us have higher living standards and higher disposable income as well. A 15 year old rusty and rattling shit box from Japan is not on any of our radars.

Which rusty shit box are you talking about?
The camry still remain very comfortable. Best seats ever (not performance wise), cold AC still working (never reloaded), quiet, smooth.
I prefere comfort and quietness anytime over HID/xenon and bizone AC, heated electric seats and all that stuff.
But I can pass from this to any noisy shit box without any issue, I'm not 50 years old (and still many "old" persons drive geo metro). My firefly didn't have a single rattle.

The camry still remain very comfortable. Best seats ever (not performance wise), cold AC still working (never reloaded), quiet, smooth.
I prefere comfort and quietness anytime over HID/xenon and bizone AC, heated electric seats and all that stuff.
But I can pass from this to any noisy shit box without any issue, I'm not 50 years old (and still many "old" persons drive geo metro). My firefly didn't have a single rattle.
yes u have no problem passing from new comfortable cars to ur old noisy car because what other choice do u have? lol. if u have no choise, u learn to like it. that is it.

u can say u prefer old cars all u want and all that blablabla,
but truth is, u just can't afford any of the new cars. face it, that's the truth and yes it hurts.

thank you and have a nice day :)

coudonc broody tu roule avec combien de poubelles?? tu change presque a chaque fois,civic wagon,toyota mr2,firefly....

Broody c un pessimiste de la vie, y chiale tout le temps, faut sy habituer, ya du monde comme ca

mais non, moi je dirais qu'il est un gars TRES optimiste.

it looks like he's brainwashing himself everyday by reminding himself how awesome his busted and faded mr2 and his glorious civic awd are.

now that's being optimistic right thurrr hahaha
keep it up broody, what matters is the fact that YOU are happy with that life of yours lol.

Au lieu de "on" t'aurias du mettre "Je"

Stp, ne generalize pas qql chose qui n'est pas necessairement valable pour tout le monde.

Chacun a ses propre limites quand ca vient aux luxe/equipement d'une voiture. Toi t'accepte n'importe quoi, t'as pas de minimum. Moi j'en ai un et d'autres auront d'autres limites.

Infinite - I believe at the moment there is ALWAYS a choice, no matter one's budget. No one is ever forced(by budget) to buy a Firefly. There's 500-2000$ cars that are comfortable and have a minimum of equipement, I am convinced that people who buy crap like 1000$ Fireflys do it because they either really like them or are just stupid.

I prefere comfort and quietness anytime over HID/xenon and bizone AC, heated .

You make no sense whatsoever.

HID, heated seats and bizone automatic A/C are things that add to driver's comfort don't take away from it!

Generally, these features are on cars that already are quiet and comfortable.

Maybe what you're trying to say is that you prefer a quiet, comfortable plush sedan that doesn't necessary have those features OVER a loud stiff sports car that does have them.

Au lieu de "on" t'aurias du mettre "Je"

Stp, ne generalize pas qql chose qui n'est pas necessairement valable pour tout le monde.

Chacun a ses propre limites quand ca vient aux luxe/equipement d'une voiture. Toi t'accepte n'importe quoi, t'as pas de minimum. Moi j'en ai un et d'autres auront d'autres limites.

Infinite - I believe at the moment there is ALWAYS a choice, no matter one's budget. No one is ever forced(by budget) to buy a Firefly. There's 500-2000$ cars that are comfortable and have a minimum of equipement, I am convinced that people who buy crap like 1000$ Fireflys do it because they either really like them or are just stupid.

touché.
i'd go with the second one.
he's just stupid.

ppl with money digging for old classic cars = passion
ppl with no money bragging about how their old car pawns all = desperation

that's how i see it.

l'affaire dans le cas du challenger, mustang, camaro et cie c'est que les propriétaire se fouttent bien des stats ou des comparos

un gars de GM ira pas acheté une stang V6 a cause des review qui disent qu'elle est meilleur

le gm lovers va allé acheté la camaro sans se posé de question comme le gars de ford va allé acheté sa mustang

c'est des voitures coup de coeur que tu achettent pour le look en version V6

je crois que la GC ne s'adressent pas au même public

but can you explain why this true-blue Ford guy, who works at GM.... would be the one buying a Challenger if he had the means .......

2009_dodge_challenger_se_rallye-thumb.jpg

mine would be exacly this btw

"but can you explain why this true-blue Ford guy, who works at GM.... would be the one buying a Challenger R/T if he had the means ......."

My uncle works for a car magazine reviewing cars, he tested the new taurus, altima coupe, last years mustang, the new viper, 335d, ex35,... etc and according to him the car that he had the most fun driving was the challenger. I couldnt believe it but he swears by it that on the track he loved the car :dunno:

coudonc broody tu roule avec combien de poubelles?? tu change presque a chaque fois,civic wagon,toyota mr2,firefly....

Aucune, j'ai une sportive et une voiture de collection.
Sinon mon père sa camry c'est une rusty 1999 de 430 000km, avant j'avais une firefly 1998, et là une civic 4wd 1987. La sportive vous la connaissez, si j'en parle on va me bannir. Et aussi la focus de ma mère (2001, 230 000km) que je prend des fois vu qu'elle a acheté autre chose. La focus est très en forme mécaniquement d'ailleurs pour une ford de cet age/km, je suis surpris.

yes u have no problem passing from new comfortable cars to ur old noisy car because what other choice do u have? lol. if u have no choise, u learn to like it. that is it.

u can say u prefer old cars all u want and all that blablabla,
but truth is, u just can't afford any of the new cars. face it, that's the truth and yes it hurts.

thank you and have a nice day :)

I don't get used to, I enjoy them. It's way better to beat the crap out of a shitbox all the time (except on long trips, the noise may be irritating), going to redline without risking GEV, than feeling like slowly cruising in your mustang even if you are going 40kmh over the limit. A nimble car, not too stiff nor too soft, nice sounding exhaust (on the firefly stock was great), that's all I need.
And yes I have money for something better, even my civic 4wd wasn't that cheap. 4wd on the civic and uber good fuel economy on the firefly have a price, a 1998 malibu would be the same price. And my mr2 has all the electric stuff and automatic control ac (no more gas in so I gut it though).

I enjoy driving, maybe you don't.

You make no sense whatsoever.

HID, heated seats and bizone automatic A/C are things that add to driver's comfort don't take away from it!

Generally, these features are on cars that already are quiet and comfortable.

Maybe what you're trying to say is that you prefer a quiet, comfortable plush sedan that doesn't necessary have those features OVER a loud stiff sports car that does have them.

You should have a trip in an old camry (or avalon) to know what true comfort is. Some expensive germans car have a good compromise (so not as good still) between comfort and sportiness, but still not at the level of seats designed for comfort (while holding decently well in corners compared to old americans cars or bs hyundai accent seats). But my choice (other than nothing) would be first, a spartian true sport car (like a lotus elise) or a truly comfortable car( like old camrys) without the fancy options yes. Something between these, like decent but not so great confort, with a shitload of useless stuff, no ty. After, if they were cars with good seats and equippement, ok, but they seem to forget about the essentials now (like the seats), probably because they don't make big profit on that, while they do on bi-xenon headlights option. Also the camry doesn't even have any adjustements on the seats other than the 2 basics (reclining, back and forth), which in my opinion improves comfort and position, since they don't have to put so many mechanism and the foam and try to make the seat good in any position you set it. The camry seat is made to be like that and that's it (and it fits any sizes of people well).

Back