First drive: 2011 VW Jetta

I can't believe they are still using that pathetic 2.0L 8 valve 115HP engine.

It's not so impressive to have a 15K car without AC that has such an engine.

Obviously a normal engine and AC will put you past 20K.

Nice bait and switch.

I'm a little scared of the "designed-for-North America 2011 model" part but if it keeps the german feeling I think it's money well spent.

elle est laide..pas de suspension independante a larriere..jespere que sa parrais pas trop sur le comportement routier..pis..le 2.slo...non mais ce pas vrai caliss!!!!!! LE 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2.0T, 2.5, and 2.0 diesel are still available. The 2.0 is just one more option for those who dont want to spend as much.

après le succès de la City (pourtant dans un vieux chassis, intérieur avec de l'age...) j'ai aucun doute que cette Jetta 2L à $15k se vende bien.

le 2L, bien que vieillot, est parfait pour la majorité du monde.

J'ai hate de voir la GLI et la TDI!

après le succès de la City (pourtant dans un vieux chassis, intérieur avec de l'age...) j'ai aucun doute que cette Jetta 2L à $15k se vende bien.

le 2L, bien que vieillot, est parfait pour la majorité du monde.

J'ai hate de voir la GLI et la TDI!

I agree - while most if not all of us enthusiasts don't care at all for the venerable 2.slow, it'll be a bargain for those low-mileage city dwellers that are cross-shopping it with a Corolla. VW isn't marketing this car towards us - they're keeping the GLI for us gearheads :)

I actually enjoy driving the 2.slow in the city: cheaper on fuel than the 2.5 and it has enough low end to move around ok.

Did the MK4 jetta have independent rear suspension?

15875 vs 15 990 (civic) vs 15 460 (corolla)

i don't see anything impressive about this. the base civic has a 140hp 1.8L and independent rear suspension, and costs only $105 more than the jetta...

Hyundai put a 2.0 direct injection which s really economic on gas and have 158hp in the new Elentra and the Jetta get a old 2.0 engine with only 115hp wow.

It will be the worst engine in the category. I can't think of any other less efficient engine in the new car market right now.

how the fuck do you get such a small amount of hp from a 2 liter, honda get 140 out of a 1.8 and 197 out a 2.0. and Torsion bar suspension! even on the new mustang 5.0 Torsion bar suspension sucksssss

Back