Why do people buy Domestic?

There isn't a single American car that approaches Infiniti in any aspect.
There isn't a single American car that approaches Lexus in any aspect.
The interior quality of Ford is not better than Honda, while the engines are worse.
The interior quality of a Chevrolet Aveo is worse than Yaris and while having the same displacement engine it gets worse fuel economy. (And bad wheel bearings after 40 000kms)

The list goes on.

The fact that Mazda 3 has the worst interior in the world does not make the entire range of Japs somehow worse than Domestic.
There isint any Jap car that approaches a Ford GT/Corvette ZR1/Viper ACR ..... ( This is fun:run:)
Ford's engine are worse then Honda's are you kidding me ?? 2.5 3.0 4.0 4.6 5.0 and 5.4 are known to all be bulletproof engines.

Last edited:
See, that's why I have a lift in my garage, one spot for a straight line car and another for you guessed it, corners.

photovw.jpg

Anyways, back on topic, I like all cars, I've had germans as well as japs and USDM. What I look in a car isn't the Hype around it. I look for value, wether it is performance, comfort, looks or wtv, doesn't matter what brand it is.

Guys that hate on anything but civics, subarus or mitsubishis are plain dumb, just like people who bitch on anything but GM, or mopar or ford.

nice setup

There isint any Jap car that approaches a Ford GT/Corvette ZR1/Viper ACR ..... ( This is fun:run:)
Ford's engine are worse then Honda's are you kidding me ?? 2.5 3.0 4.0 4.6 5.0 and 5.4 are known to all be bulletproof engines.

1) Lexus IS-F, Lexus LF-A, R34, R35, etc.
2) Engines: lol you really didn't think this one through.

In 2004, Honda was making a v6 in the accord which developed 240HP for a 3.0L and in the same year Mustang GT had a v8 4.6L which could manage 260HP... So they could only squeeze out extra 20hp out of 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more liters? Mind you the v6 version of the mustang could only manage 193HP while being 3.8 vs Honda's 3.0

Oh and did I mention fuel economy which was horrible regardless of the fact that the engine was less powerful?

Try harder next time.

Also compare these

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2004-bmw-x5-13.htm

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2004-cadillac-escalade-13.htm

Power vs fuel economy and displacement and the price.

P.S. want to make it plain, I am not trying to compare an x5 to an Escalade... just their engines and technological advancement of German cars vs Domestic.

So you can read the brochure?

your comparing a body on frame SUV to a unibody crossover. The BMW might have a smaller more efficient engine, but the X5 is probably MUCH lighter than the escalade. in 2005 cadilllac ditched the 5.3 and went with the 6 liter only which has 345HP 380 lb-ft., with a towing capacity far superior to the X5.

starting in 07 the escalade comes with a 6.2liter. 400HP/415tq.

Those engines in the cadillac are extremly reliable. gas guzzling yes too.

the reason why the ratings are high, is because the BMW 4.4l has VCT if I'm not mistaken.

I'd still drive an escalade over an X5 anyday everyday.

In 2004, Honda was making a v6 in the accord which developed 240HP for a 3.0L and in the same year Mustang GT had a v8 4.6L which could manage 260HP... So they could only squeeze out extra 20hp out of 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more liters? Mind you the v6 version of the mustang could only manage 193HP while being 3.8 vs Honda's 3.0

Oh and did I mention fuel economy which was horrible regardless of the fact that the engine was less powerful?

Try harder next time.

And today, Ford is making a 3.7 V6 that makes 305hp and Honda can barely manage 300hp out of the 3.7 in a car costing 3 times as much and they get the same fuel economy.

What car costing 3 times the price are you talking about?
And they can get almost 300hp out of their 2.0 if they want.
But ford made some serious progress.

Try harder next time.
1. Youre nuts lol
2. I was talking about engine reliability and youre comparing old technology with new tech. compare both TODAY with Ford's new engine's we might have a good time..

So you can read the brochure?

your comparing a body on frame SUV to a unibody crossover. The BMW might have a smaller more efficient engine, but the X5 is probably MUCH lighter than the escalade. in 2005 cadilllac ditched the 5.3 and went with the 6 liter only which has 345HP 380 lb-ft., with a towing capacity far superior to the X5.

starting in 07 the escalade comes with a 6.2liter. 400HP/415tq.

so they're squeezing out an extra 50 hp out of 1.4 liters vs the same year X5... what's the point? I am sure if BMW was to make the same displacement engine it would make close to 500HP... and have about the same fuel economy

Those engines in the cadillac are extremly reliable. gas guzzling yes too.

the reason why the ratings are high, is because the BMW 4.4l has VCT if I'm not mistaken.

I'd still drive an escalade over an X5 anyday everyday.

This leads me to think you've never driven an X5. It can handle the road, accelerate and brake like a 4-door sports saloon while still having good ground clearance, excellent interior materials whereas an escalade just rolls about like a metal bucket, and the interior just sucks... even the 2011... you knock on the dash panel and it sounds like a post box. It is just not worth the money. Sure it has the go of the engine (AT 6.2 LIters... wow what an achievement) but that's pretty much it

ahem...

1. Youre nuts lol
2. I was talking about engine reliability and youre comparing old technology with new tech. compare both TODAY with Ford's new engine's we might have a good time..

You want to go into reliability of Jap engines vs Domestic engines? Seriously?

lol.

Back