When they gonna start to fix our roads?

Maybe "la belle province" should start looking into producing/importing and using rubberized asphalt.
They can get the rubber from all the busted tires of people running into potholes:

Over the last 40 years, the quality of what we generically call asphalt has declined to the point that we now have to add modifiers to get it to work satisfactorily. This is due to several factors - the increased use of Processing Oils in the tire industry to disperse carbon black and other fillers, advancing refinery technology allowing a greater amount of lighter ends to be extracted from the bottom of the barrel of crude thus reducing the quality of liquid asphalt, and a dramatic increase in the number of automobiles and trucks on the road and miles driven.

One of the modifiers used to enhance the performance of liquid asphalt is crumb rubber (ground - up recycled tires). Rubber-modified asphalt dramatically out-performs conventional asphalt and lasts significantly longer. These superior results have been achieved while using less material than is required with conventional asphalt. Rubber-modified asphalt will reduce reflective cracking and rutting, improve skid resistance, reduce maintenance costs, increase pavement life, is more resistant to weathering/aging, and reduces road noise. IN addition to increasing the performance of asphalt, crumb rubber modification has the side benefit of reducing the environmental hazard that old tires present.

...of course, they'd first have to make sure one of their "friendly" construction companies carries this product and pays the appropriate bribe to win the contract.

Maybe "la belle province" should start looking into producing/importing and using rubberized asphalt.
They can get the rubber from all the busted tires of people running into potholes:

...of course, they'd first have to make sure one of their "friendly" construction companies carries this product and pays the appropriate bribe to win the contract.

Or just have a company that knows what they're doing to make our roads. It really isn't hard even fucking bahamas that gets hit by hurricanes every 6 months has better roads than us and they recently started outsourcing the road work to a company from Florida they're fucking flawless and it's a third world country almost.

Just get bribes from American companies they bribe better and still do better work. Win/Win/Win

I'm sure Japan's roads are still in better condition after a tsunami and 2 earthquakes then Montreals roads

Il y a je ne sais combien d'année l'ETS avais présenter une méthode ou produit incroyable pour les route.

Pense tu que le gouvernement ou les entreprise d'ici on même pris 2min pour regarder ?
Ben non on y va encore avec les standard les plus minimum possible et les pire produits.

Le pire la dedans c'est que le gouvernement en 1993 à dégagées toute responsabilité pouvant être attribué au gouvernement provincial et municipalités en ce qui concerne les dommages matériels causées par l'état des routes.

On aurais 1 nid de poule au 1000km2 je dis pas mais dans l'état de nos route qui sont les pire que j'ai vue de ma vie malgré mes voyage....bonjour la responsabilité.

Il y a je ne sais combien d'année l'ETS avais présenter une méthode ou produit incroyable pour les route.

Pense tu que le gouvernement ou les entreprise d'ici on même pris 2min pour regarder ?
Ben non on y va encore avec les standard les plus minimum possible et les pire produits.

Yes they did, they spent over 10 million on studies at McGill and Udm, and they didn't implement the findings which were as simple as having 8'' of gravel before dumping asphalt over because they couldn't get kickbacks and make money on fixing them every year.

Ca a aucun bon sens, la japon a eu un tremblement de terre et regardez comment la route est resté belle même après qu'elle se soit éffondrée:
Japan+Earthquake+road.jpg

Nous on est tellement cheap qu'on se ramasse avec une trail après 1an.
Arrêtez de dire que c'est le gel / dégel. L'asphalte cappable de survivre a bien pire que ca existe depuis longtemps, c'est juste que ceux qui ont le pouvoir décisionnel en ont rien a foutre parce que patcher, "ca fait la job" et l'asphalte cheap est aussi belle a regarder quand elle vien d'etre posée.

Ca a aucun bon sens, la japon a eu un tremblement de terre et regardez comment la route est resté belle même après qu'elle se soit éffondrée:
Japan+Earthquake+road.jpg

Nous on est tellement cheap qu'on se ramasse avec une trail après 1an.
Arrêtez de dire que c'est le gel / dégel. L'asphalte cappable de survivre a bien pire que ca existe depuis longtemps, c'est juste que ceux qui ont le pouvoir décisionnel en ont rien a foutre parce que patcher, "ca fait la job" et l'asphalte cheap est aussi belle a regarder quand elle vien d'etre posée.

thats a very strong point. Bring an 8.9 over here and we're going to watch the city open up under us. Stay in your house? cant go outside because earth quake consumed all roads? How do you think our roads would tough against a tsunami? I'm placing a bet the mercier bridge makes it.

Bring an 8.9 over here and we're going to watch the city open up under us. Stay in your house? cant go outside because earth quake consumed all roads? How do you think our roads would tough against a tsunami? I'm placing a bet the mercier bridge makes it.
I was watching a highway overpass full of people get hit by that huge tsunami wave carrying houses, cars, boats. All that shit smashed into the overpass, and the overpass was still standing, people were still alive & well on it. Would any of our elevated highways withstand something like that? Would Turcot withstand something like that? I honestly don't think so. Turcot is crumbling from goddamn rain, let alone a 40ft tsunami wave loaded with houses, boats and other projectiles.

Why doesn't the media put more focus on this? I read the gazette today and they attributed a little square of text for the pot hole situation and to top it off, they wrote it on page 6. It seems to me like most media coverage jokes about the potholes (ie: send us your best pothole picture - win 100$). Granted, potholes aren't the most important topic (especially after all the action going down in the middle east and Japan), but honestly, the construction behind our roads is part of a gigantic and obvious scandal...

I feel like we're all just sitting around complaining about these fucking craters, but nobody wants to actually do anything about them. If the community put as much effort into the pothole situation as they did for greg_van's lambo, I'm sure we could get the ball rolling.

Start facebook groups, call the city, complain, I don't know man, but there must be something we can do.

whatever... /rant

Back